Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Power Girl 6 cover variant Carla Cohen.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...8/power-girl-6
    Nice. I have no problems with the art, which is top notch. It's the writing, which depicts PG as a completely new character, NOT what Power Girl is supposed to be.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Nice. I have no problems with the art, which is top notch. It's the writing, which depicts PG as a completely new character, NOT what Power Girl is supposed to be.
    Right on. The cover art, including all the variants, have been pretty outstanding. Sadly, can’t say the same for the actual book. I don’t follow sales too much (other than viewing a chart here or there), but I wonder how it’s doing? I can’t think it’s been selling too good…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Power Girl 6 cover variant Carla Cohen.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...8/power-girl-6
    Take me to horny jail! I'm guilty!
    Assassinate Putin!

This dialogue is extremely rough. Also Power Girl had friends before Omen...

Extraordinary Member

Why do they put out pretty good art for her, and write her as another character entirely; mostly likely a self-insert for the writer? Can we leave off with that sort of thing and simply have writers write the character as he or she was meant to be written?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    This dialogue is extremely rough. Also Power Girl had friends before Omen...
    Indeed, this is so frustrating... *sigh*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Post Crisis Kara is not a thing. All of her influence and elements are gone in return for leaning into the alternate Supergirl angle. Now we have Powergirl and Supergirl, cousins of the World's Greatest Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, this is so frustrating... *sigh*
    The thing about the current writing for Power Girl that I find the most frustrating is how much she complains about missing Earth-Two, and feeling lonely, but the people she mainly knew on Earth-Two / Earth-0 gets paid dust. Helena Wayne her best friend on Earth-Two is not brought up or mentioned, but she's randomly close with Omen after 3 issues of therapy sessions. Majority of her friends are the JSA who she doesn't seem to care about much since she's so desperate to join the Super-Family, the only mention they got was in the story with Johnny Sorrow. It's like this Power Girl is an entirely different character.

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    The thing about the current writing for Power Girl that I find the most frustrating is how much she complains about missing Earth-Two, and feeling lonely, but the people she mainly knew on Earth-Two / Earth-0 gets paid dust. Helena Wayne her best friend on Earth-Two is not brought up or mentioned, but she's randomly close with Omen after 3 issues of therapy sessions. Majority of her friends are the JSA who she doesn't seem to care about much since she's so desperate to join the Super-Family, the only mention they got was in the story with Johnny Sorrow. It's like this Power Girl is an entirely different character.
    Co-signed for truth
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I just now realized that a therapist shouldn't be friends with their patients. There is a lot of necessary restrictions and distance needed to a patient/therapist relationship and Lilith being excessively chummy is breaking all those rules.

Hell I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to live with your patient.

Man that is rough, that's really rough. A "try hard, fail harder, quirky relatable screw-up" who can fly and juggle tanks. The red-haired stepchild of the Superfamily, even though she's blonde. Like others have said, this isn't power girl. This is an author's cypher that calls herself power girl. It really seems like the authors don't hold themselves in high regard either, maybe they should get some of that therapy they're always screeching about.

They...they actually published this page?

Omen feels more like a gal pal than a proper therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Man that is rough, that's really rough. A "try hard, fail harder, quirky relatable screw-up" who can fly and juggle tanks. The red-haired stepchild of the Superfamily, even though she's blonde. Like others have said, this isn't power girl. This is an author's cypher that calls herself power girl. It really seems like the authors don't hold themselves in high regard either, maybe they should get some of that therapy they're always screeching about.
    The person who wrote the dialogue for this image is the editor for the current series authored by Leah Williams. I really hope this isn't the definitive version of PG we get in the DC Universe following this creative team.