Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I just now realized that a therapist shouldn't be friends with their patients. There is a lot of necessary restrictions and distance needed to a patient/therapist relationship and Lilith being excessively chummy is breaking all those rules.

Hell I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to live with your patient.
    The first point is true - most of Lilith's clients are probably Titans, and certainly from the superhero community.

I'm sure it must be possible for someone to require therapy or medical treatment and getting it from their spouse, so I'm not sure the living arrangement is so taboo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The first point is true - most of Lilith's clients are probably Titans, and certainly from the superhero community.

I'm sure it must be possible for someone to require therapy or medical treatment and getting it from their spouse, so I'm not sure the living arrangement is so taboo.
    I can imagine it be necessary if the patient has a special condition that requires constant treatment and a close support system.

But PG doesn't seem that bad a case that she needs someone constantly watching over her.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I can imagine it be necessary if the patient has a special condition that requires constant treatment and a close support system.

But PG doesn't seem that bad a case that she needs someone constantly watching over her.
    Especially since she’s “gotten really good at hugs,” lol. God, what a line that was.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Especially since she’s “gotten really good at hugs,” lol. God, what a line that was.
    Don't forget "Learning how to human." Does Leah or the editor have a Tumblr account?

Extraordinary Member

It’s weird to see PG teach Atlee about human society and interactions 15 years ago.
    And now we’re seeing PG being taught herself like she’s a novice of…..life.

Frank Cho Facebook Now

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s weird to see PG teach Atlee about human society and interactions 15 years ago.
    And now we’re seeing PG being taught herself like she’s a novice of…..life.
    Because that was the discourse of Supergirl. So.eone really got confuse both charcters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Angry

Just horrible, so cringy and OOC for a long-established character. This is shockingly bad writing....

I'm glad I decided to drop this book. Thanks, DC for reinforcing my decision.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-31-2024 at 10:12 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I just now realized that a therapist shouldn't be friends with their patients. There is a lot of necessary restrictions and distance needed to a patient/therapist relationship and Lilith being excessively chummy is breaking all those rules.

Hell I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to live with your patient.
    I know for a fact this is all true in real life. A cousin of mine became close friends with their therapist and eventually started dating the therapist. The therapist lost their license because of the relationship and the board found in their official statement the therapist "crossed the line of objectivity" once they became friends with my cousin.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I know for a fact this is all true in real life. A cousin of mine became close friends with their therapist and eventually started dating the therapist. The therapist lost their license because of the relationship and the board found in their official statement the therapist "crossed the line of objectivity" once they became friends with my cousin.
    Damn thats major. Real shame the therapist ruined their career by breaking their oath.

So we can assume Leah Williams doesn't actually know how therapy works, which makes sense from how its portrayed in the book. In the PG back-ups PG's telepathy therapy is just jumping into people's minds and physically solving their mental issues which obviously isn't possible in real life. And since that ended we have not actually had any therapy sessions since, with PG's "treatment" by Lilith is largely just them hanging out and Lilith being quirky nice and giving "You are doing so much better" comments.

There's no actual therapy involved.

Damn thats major. Real shame the therapist ruined their career by breaking their oath.

So we can assume Leah Williams doesn't actually know how therapy works, which makes sense from how its portrayed in the book. In the PG back-ups PG's telepathy therapy is just jumping into people's minds and physically solving their mental issues which obviously isn't possible in real life. And since that ended we have not actually had any therapy sessions since, with PG's "treatment" by Lilith is largely just them hanging out and Lilith being quirky nice and giving "You are doing so much better" comments.

They're just Gal Pals (and maybe more depending on how you read into it).

Indeed, for more information see the below PDF link of the American Psychological Association or APA. These standards are in place to avoid any hint of an exploitative relationship because the therapist has power over their patient: i.e. if the patient wanted to end the friendship or worse yet break-up with a therapist turned lover this power could be used to convince them otherwise via manipulation or threat -

https://www.apa.org/ethics/code/ethics-code-2017.pdf

And, yes, someone did not do their research. This info can be found with a simple Google search.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-31-2024 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're just Gal Pals (and maybe more depending on how you read into it).
    Which would be appallingly unethical if true.

And since that ended we have not actually had any therapy sessions since, with PG's "treatment" by Lilith is largely just them hanging out and Lilith being quirky nice and giving "You are doing so much better" comments.
    These two have been pushed as a duo for a year now, and I still don't buy that their friendship is genuine. Leah Williams should've just wrote an Omen series instead.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Best Friends Forever.

Hugs.jpg