Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    These two have been pushed as a duo for a year now, and I still don't buy that their friendship is genuine. Leah Williams should've just wrote an Omen series instead.
    Because they didn't bother to do the work to make that relationship fly for fans. It was just...there.

I do sometimes wonder if DC and WB even know how fans view this incarnation of Power Girl? It seems to be mostly negative, with the view being that this character ISN'T Power Girl. They certainly don't seem to be doing any course correcting at all AFAIK. The art for PG is fine for the most part, but the writing, at least in her own series is way off.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Because they didn't bother to do the work to make that relationship fly for fans. It was just...there.

I do sometimes wonder if DC and WB even know how fans view this incarnation of Power Girl? It seems to be mostly negative, with the view being that this character ISN'T Power Girl. They certainly don't seem to be doing any course correcting at all AFAIK. The art for PG is fine for the most part, but the writing, at least in her own series is way off.
    It would seem that their intent is to land a whole new audience with a wholly new and different character than the traditional PG. in hindsight, this is evidenced by the early interviews where Williams said she was pretty much given free reign of the character and her history.

But alienating existing fans notwithstanding, how many new fans are they actually pulling in with this book? I wonder.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

I do sometimes wonder if DC and WB even know how fans view this incarnation of Power Girl? It seems to be mostly negative, with the view being that this character ISN'T Power Girl. They certainly don't seem to be doing any course correcting at all AFAIK.
    DC is just going to double down on this new Power Girl until a writer who knows and cares about her fixes this mess. Geoff Johns current JSA has a more accurate version of PG than her own solo series.

DiDio and Johns have run the verse into the ground. It is barely on life support at this point. But if all the bluster and events about undoing Crisis and pooping on Post Crisis then I have to ask what need has this verse for TWO Supergirls? If Powergirl isn't going to go to Earth 2 and presumably pick up the old Pre-Crisis trappings then what was the point?

I think that more than anything is the challenge they have. What with the majors soon to enter the public domain soon then maybe it is time to do something else.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    DC is just going to double down on this new Power Girl until a writer who knows and cares about her fixes this mess. Geoff Johns current JSA has a more accurate version of PG than her own solo series.
    Though the book doesn't seem to be doing that well, the first arc was a pretty miserable experience watching a sadsack not doing anything but be sad and miserable.

So it will probably be cancelled at some point, probably around issue 12.

Incredible Member

From Titans Beastwar Series

PG Fan Art!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    From Titans Beastwar Series

I have seen this before.... but different...And Power wasn't there, but she was important for the story.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Sasha Calle as DCU Powergirl, sure the reality of such a thing happening is years away if ever but as an alternative Supergirl from a doomed universe that no longer exists, Gunn and crew couldn't of asked for a better set up, it kind of fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

Sasha Calle as DCU Powergirl, sure the reality of such a thing happening is years away if ever but as an alternative Supergirl from a doomed universe that no longer exists, Gunn and crew couldn't of asked for a better set up, it kind of fits perfectly.
    That would be an interesting twist. I can see that working. Even to a meta level.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The art is nice but non-blonde Power Girl is as weird as non-blonde Kara.

That art looks Divine. heheeheheh

MWAHAHAAHAHA

Seriously though, if they have Sasha play Divine I'd be happy with that.

Sasha would be interesting as Power Girl, she was one of the few highlights of The Flash movie, so I wouldn't mind seeing her on screen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The art is nice but non-blonde Power Girl is as weird as non-blonde Kara.
    Cause that's what's truly important not acting ability or screen presence, which Sasha proved by being one of the few good thing about the Flash, no it's hair colour, I'm sure Gunn and his casting director have that at the forefront of their mind when picking actors for roles, it's such a essential aspect to one's performance ability.

Cause that's what's truly important not acting ability or screen presence, which Sasha proved by being one of the few good thing about the Flash, no it's hair colour, I'm sure Gunn and his casting director have that at the forefront of their mind when picking actors for roles, it's such a essential aspect to one's performance ability.
    "Looking the part" is and always has been a key aspect of casting choices. so, not sure what you're whining about.

Like I said before, if they'd made Sasha blonde for the role she'd have been almost perfect.

which is why I think she'd make a good Divine. Sasha's hair is perfect for Divine

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    "Looking the part" is and always has been a key aspect of casting choices. so, not sure what you're whining about.

Like I said before, if they'd made Sasha blonde for the role she'd have been almost perfect.

which is why I think she'd make a good Divine. Sasha's hair is perfect for Divine
    Sure, some hair dye or a wig and she's set. Easy to do, and would please the fan base who would indeed be put off by a dark haired PG, as being a blonde has been a defining characteristic of PG's since her creation. As was pointed out, black hair brings to mind Divine, not PG. It'd be like a blonde Diana WW. Not to worry, though, it will never come up as PG will likely never be depicted in live action. Supergirl always stands in her way with WB.