Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I feel so dispirited by Marvel lately, that I actually thought this was a joke ^^’ Glad to know I was wrong.
    The premises sound good, especially regarding Valeria's involvement. Pity it’s just a one-shot.
    Yeah with Hickman writing it I'd like to see more issues. And maybe the art won't be the best we'd like to see. Still, more Doom is better than none.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Well at least it's SOMETHING...but Doom was an Easter egg in the DP3 trailer...when DP is on the ground, there is a worn out Secret Wars #5 from Hickmans run and he is on the cover

Funny, I was just saying on a different thread that I plan to finally read Hickman's FF run soon. So the timing is right for this. Should be able to squeeze it in before the one-shot comes out.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was able to do some screen Caps from YouTube from the Deadpool and Wolverine Trailers...

This is the one image that people are saying is Doctor Doom....it sort of reminds me of the version of Doom from the early issues of Fantastic Four

As for the comic book cover, I couldn't get a very clear screen shot of that

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was able to do some screen Caps from YouTube from the Deadpool and Wolverine Trailers...

This is the one image that people are saying is Doctor Doom....it sort of reminds me of the version of Doom from the early issues of Fantastic Four

As for the comic book cover, I couldn't get a very clear screen shot of that
    Not Dr Doom to the first, I think it's wearing a gas mask. Could be a goon though.
    Deadpool teaser trailer 2024 c.jpg

Here's as good as I could get of the Secret Wars cover. This is definitely Doom's first appearance in the MCU. The green thing on the left side is a bottle, something from one of the Hulk movies.

Secret Wars tease 2024.jpg

From Comic Book Movies website: "In the shot, a tattered copy of Marvel Comics' Secret Wars #5 can be seen. While that's a big Easter egg in its own right, eagle-eyed viewers also noticed a fictional Brazilian soda from The Incredible Hulk can also be seen. On top of the comic itself is a full bottle of Pingo Doce, the green nectar that played a pivotal role in the plot of the Hulk."

Deadpool teaser Pingo Doce.jpg
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 02-13-2024 at 11:47 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I checked around on some Youtube videos about the teaser for the the Deadpool % Wolverine movie and they were able to pull in in clearer image.

It is the cover of Secret Wars #5 from 2015

Fanart of Doctor Doom having dinner at The Mandarin's castle.

I have been watching the Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes series. Knowing about the Skrulls, Tony Stark is alone in a lab trying to figure out how to detect them. He can't figure out how to do so, so Doom shows up and gifts him a chip that he can place on his armor to detect Skrulls. Unfortunately, by the time Stark joins Fury with his new toy, the secret part of the invasion is officially over and Veranke takes them all down. And before taking Stark down, she congratulates him as their biggest menace, the man who could have exposed them.

Sorry, what? Shouldn't that threat be Doom? Shouldn't Veranke be trying to stop him? Without Doom, Stark was just a useless man staring at a lab desk, and Fury a useless man staring at a board with faces.

What episode was that? I haven't watched that series in a while.

Thanks, Cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I have been watching the Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes series. Knowing about the Skrulls, Tony Stark is alone in a lab trying to figure out how to detect them. He can't figure out how to do so, so Doom shows up and gifts him a chip that he can place on his armor to detect Skrulls. Unfortunately, by the time Stark joins Fury with his new toy, the secret part of the invasion is officially over and Veranke takes them all down. And before taking Stark down, she congratulates him as their biggest menace, the man who could have exposed them.

Sorry, what? Shouldn't that threat be Doom? Shouldn't Veranke be trying to stop him? Without Doom, Stark was just a useless man staring at a lab desk, and Fury a useless man staring at a board with faces.
    I think Skrulls were either unaware of Doom, which is unlikely since they were trying to conquer earth and Doom rules his own country, or they thought that Doom wasn't an immediate threat and it's kinda right. Doom himself said "That would be beneath me. Such chores are what people like you are for." when Tony asked if he's going to help the fight against the Skrulls. I think Doom would have intervened only if the Avengers had failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

It was heavily implied that Doom could not have done it on his own and needed to combine his tech with Stark's in order for it to work.

^^^Indeed. There's precedence for such an act. The original DoomQuest comes to mind...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It was heavily implied that Doom could not have done it on his own and needed to combine his tech with Stark's in order for it to work.
    And yet... Stark's tech is useless on its own, Stark can not find a way to detect the Skrulls. Doom has a chip, it has to interface with Stark's tech to work... but if needed be, it would be simplicity itself for Doom to make it work without it, or even to reverse-engineer Stark's technology and make his own one. The man just wanted to be done with it, call it a day and go on with more important stuff. Not to mention that Stark would have never known about the Skrulls if Fury didn't tell him (and Fury wouldn't know either if Veranke didn't manipulate him), and Doom somehow found out about the Skrulls all by himself. And even captured one (the Invisible Woman one) and experimented on her to gather valuable info.

Or, as he would say it... "Doom needs no one".