Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I want doom to appear in the mcu so that he has his value recognized. And then start selling various collectibles. Like they did with thanos.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Remembering when the DOOM cover of FANTASTIC FOUR #268 was cutting edge...
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnerdoom View Post
    to this day i don't know if this cover is a drawing or a photo with effect
    According to the Grand Comics Database (also known as Comics.Org) this was a photo cover done by photographer Elliot Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnerdoom View Post
    I want doom to appear in the mcu so that he has his value recognized. And then start selling various collectibles. Like they did with thanos.
    I totally agree. All of the previous movie versions of Doom have been terrible. None of them resembled the character in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by iron maiden View Post
    according to the grand comics database (also known as comics.org) this was a photo cover done by photographer elliot brown.

thank you for clearing my doubt.

Amazing Member

I'm nervous because it feels harder to introduce Doom in his "classic" incarnation now that the MCU is well established. The comics-like history will need to be changed or a really, really clever explanation of where he/Latveria have been all this time. I guess they have a similar issue to solve with FF and they could certainly solve that by introduce a young FF that gets their powers as we watch. To get to Doom having the same competencies as in the comics, Doom's origin really is a multi-year one. He is Dr. Strange (magic) plus Tony Stark (science) plus Black Panther (leader) all rolled into one. That works great in comics since he has been around since the beginning. Now it requires some finesse and good writing because it cannot just happen in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I totally agree. All of the previous movie versions of Doom have been terrible. None of them resembled the character in the comics.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

My latest 3D printed Dr Doom is a bust, painted to look like weathered bronze:

2024-01-12 10.29.10.jpg

And good news is that my Mezco 1:12 Dr Doom figure has finally shipped! There have been many very positive reviews online since mid December, so I'm really looking forward to finally having this figure in hand. My order was placed in April 2022! So it's been awhile.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Congrats!

Mine is still "processing"
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-14-2024 at 10:38 AM.

Came across a new Doctor Doom figure today from a company called 108 Toys featured on the 2D Beat website

This figure is obviously using the Fox films version of Doom in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer featuring Julian McMahon as Victor von Doom. I'm not familiar with the company so I'm not planning on getting this .....yet. I don't want to order something and then wait a year or more for them to ship it.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-15-2024 at 10:19 AM.

That looks like an amazing sculpt, but you're wise to be wary. Just this December I've seen a new 1/6 scale Dr Doom figure from S-Hero toys, another unlicensed figure, with a similar price tag ($130 to $150 depending on where you get it), yet it's clearly a rip-off of the Mezco figure. They call it "Doom Monarch" to try to skirt any trademark issues. And, a number of online reviews have indicated serious quality and QC problems. The figure looks nice, but another one from China and I'm hesitant to get something that is not a Marvel licensed figure - the Marvel imprimatur at least makes me feel that my dollars will be well spent. See below:
    Doom Monarch 9.jpg

Doom Monarch 11.jpg

Doom Monarch 5.jpg

I'm pretty sure that it's release was intended to coincide with the release of the Mezco figure, thus confusing buyers. They're not the same. Also, on their website they picture the figure seated on a throne, but * throne is not included.
    "Because ... I am Doom

I was reading Fantastic Four #16 and almost didn't see this little detail in one of the panels....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was reading Fantastic Four #16 and almost didn't see this little detail in one of the panels....

This was such a great issue, too. I'm loving this FF Run.

Finally ....
    2024-01-19 22.33.46.jpg

2024-01-19 22.52.42.jpg
    (I just printed this throne from an online file, and will be painting it as well as his tiger - don't know if this is how I will end up displaying him, there are SO many options!)
    "Because ... I am Doom

Finally it looks like I will be getting the Mezco Doctor Doom. The status has changed from "processing" to shipped!

The Mezco Doctor Doom arrived yesterday....after an almost 2 year wait!

Assembling the power syphon (which was used on the Silver Surfer during the Lee/Kirby FF) was a bit of a pain because the batteries are so tiny! Lots of other accessories to go through.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-26-2024 at 03:22 PM.

Fabulous! I really like the figure too, very sturdy, well thought out and pricey for what's basically a six inch action figure but I think given the build quality and the accessories, that it's worth it for a dedicated Doom collector. Enjoy!
    "Because ... I am Doom