Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Can it skip a generation? I’ve seen redhead kids who have only one redhead parent.
    Both parents have to have the gene. Mary Jane clearly has only the red hair gene (two of them). Peter would have to have a brown hair gene and a red hair gene . . . which means at least one of his parents had a red hair gene, but could have also not had red hair, as long as the other parent provided the brown hair gene. (Honestly, I believe there are more complex possibilities, but I'm going on pretty basic knowledge.)

Why has this thread turned into a thread about real world genetics? Are we so bereft of Mayday content?

(The answer is yes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why has this thread turned into a thread about real world genetics? Are we so bereft of Mayday content?

(The answer is yes.)
    Just found it curious that the kids Marvel keeps giving the Parkers are almost all red heads. It's possible, but unlikely.

I mean, the real reason is that the red hair is more striking, but Mayday is supposed to have brown hair.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Can it skip a generation? I’ve seen redhead kids who have only one redhead parent.
    I have a friend whose parents are not redheads, but her grandmother is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Just found it curious that the kids Marvel keeps giving the Parkers are almost all red heads. It's possible, but unlikely.

I mean, the real reason is that the red hair is more striking, but Mayday is supposed to have brown hair.
    The Spider-Verse team gave her red hair. And since that's mainstream audiences first exposure to the character, that's what she looks like to mainstream audiences. She's Spider-Man's goofy little red haired baby who loves hugs and climbing everywhere and swinging everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The Spider-Verse team gave her red hair. And since that's mainstream audiences first exposure to the character, that's what she looks like to mainstream audiences. She's Spider-Man's goofy little red haired baby who loves hugs and climbing everywhere and swinging everywhere.
    Peter and Mary Jane are clearly dying her hair. Doing that to a baby has to be some kind of child abuse.

What kind of message are the filmmakers trying to send to children?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Mary Fitzpatrick, Peter's mother, was a redhead, at least going by some versions . . . particularly Spider-Man: The Animated Series that showed her and Richard Parker in an illusion induced by Baron Mordo to manipulate and control him while he was trying to rescue Mary Jane from Mordo's cult in the episode guest-starring Doctor Strange.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Peter and Mary Jane are clearly dying her hair. Doing that to a baby has to be some kind of child abuse.

What kind of message are the filmmakers trying to send to children?
    There is literally no proof of this, I think you are just in serious denial about the reality of the situation.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Maybe just give her auburn hair.

Even worse child abuse than if they're dyeing her hair.
    (Now I've been pedantic someone is going to tell me with sources that the process of steeping a substance in pigment can be spelt both ways. I just know it.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Red hair is recessive. Peter would have to have the gene for red hair to have a red head kid. And only a 50% chance of that. 25% chance of two kids having red hair.
    Maybe Pete's red hair gene was boosted by his radioactive spider blood making it abnormally powerful?

Peter and Mary Jane are clearly dying her hair. Doing that to a baby has to be some kind of child abuse!
    I'd expect that of Norman, but Pete? Shame on him and MJ. Lol.
    Last edited by exile001; 01-09-2024 at 09:58 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nice. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I just noticed that May is doing a Spider-Man crouch pose. I wonder if she'll end up being the Spider-Man fangirl of the family.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I just noticed that May is doing a Spider-Man crouch pose. I wonder if she'll end up being the Spider-Man fangirl of the family.
    That would scan, considering May appears to be Daddy's Little Girl here in the first issue.