Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Wow, they really were able to get a Doom book out of Hickman.

It's only a one-shot though. Of course I didn't just post it because of Doom - he has his own thread where it was already mentioned. But the solicit mentions Val is along for the ride!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Valeria being there makes sense. Hickman was the one who made her more popular.
    "Cable was right!"

Hickman Doom. Awesome!

Not taking place in current continuity. Blech!

Art. Blech!

I’ll get it and read it but I won’t be excited about it lol

Valeria on a road trip like adventure with Uncle Doom? Sign me up for that! Galactus is no match for the Doom/Valeria team combo!

Ryan North's writing a Wolverine and Deadpool event in July, so is he taking on Wolverine's solo? And if he does, would it cross over with FF?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dead...marvel-comics/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ryan North's writing a Wolverine and Deadpool event in July, so is he taking on Wolverine's solo? And if he does, would it cross over with FF?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dead...marvel-comics/
    North on Wolverine would be such a surprise...

Well he can't be getting Deadpool, because he's starting a new series just a few months earlier, which is to be written by Cody Ziglar, Miles Morales's writer. So I suspect he is on Logan, yeah. A big step up considering his biggest book before FF was Squirrel Girl.

And consider that FF's editor is Tom Brevoort, and he's staying in that role even though he's moving from the Avengers to the X-Men - which effectively means FF is moving from the Avengers office to the X office.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-23-2024 at 11:47 AM.

Read Giant Size FF today… I really enjoyed it. Reminds me of the old days when a new character was introduced and then released into the wild instead if having something tragic happen like be killed at the end until another writer resurrects him or her…

Did anyone read Women of Marvel? The first story has Sue and other women taken out of time. The silver age era Sue muses that her Reed will go on to great things. She-Hulk and Captain Marvel, who are both their modern selves, assure her he will, before beating up the guy who snatched them on Sue's command.

Did anyone read Women of Marvel? The first story has Sue and other women taken out of time. The silver age era Sue muses that her Reed will go on to great things. She-Hulk and Captain Marvel, who are both their modern selves, assure her he will, before beating up the guy who snatched them on Sue's command.
    Sue was a very early Sue (FF 4). But she shows a lot of the leadership and forwardness of the more current versions of Sue. Sue is the posterchild for retroactive personality changes. Gail Simone is obviously fitting as more modern Sue into an timeframe where she was less than properly represented, it fits and does Sue well. It's a fun story and one which really should be looked at with any search for detail.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I thought Simone's story was super fun. Loved her take on Sue and there were some really funny bits.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Read Giant Size FF today… I really enjoyed it. Reminds me of the old days when a new character was introduced and then released into the wild instead if having something tragic happen like be killed at the end until another writer resurrects him or her…
    I uh...really didn't like it. Nothing happened. They introduced him, and flipped it to say he was actually trying to do good things. Then it ended. If they have plans for Namor 2.0 I'd like to see them play out sooner rather than later. Otherwise he's a waste.

Extraordinary Member

Wasn't really anything that warranted a special issue. It could have been used in the regular series. And I hate that they keep introducing new characters who really don't go anywhere.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Reminded me of classic FF stories which is cool, but nothing that justies a Giant-size issue. Plus it was padded with an old story at the end. Overpriced, and would have been better as an issue in the main book.

It wasn't for me. Sue showing her potential as a leader early on in her lifetime is nice, but other than that it wasn't really about her which is disappointing. Plus that speech about the men was corny.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!