Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really don't want Doom to be a major player in the first movie.
    I don’t want him in the first movie either, unless it’s post credits.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I don't like the idea of Kang being descended from Reed and Sue. It's a locked in future that seems a lot less bright than the FF usually has. I can get behind a Nathaniel Richards ancestry though. He had kids all over.

As to Franklin, his post Hyperstorm interpretation has him as very long lived as per Hickman's run and Waid's History of the Marvel Universe. The thought of him having children is very possible. Valeria's a blank slate. I'd imagine she's already started a genetic study to see what her offspring with various characters would be like and their power sets.
    Kang is not really an FF villain, anyway. He's mostly an Avengers villain. He's basically the Evil Tony Stark in an Avengers setting. Just as Baron Zemo is the evil Captain America, and Executioner was the evil Thor, Kang was the evil Iron Man: an armored conqueror to contrast the armored reformed servant of the military industrial complex. So I think Kang should be a descendant of Tony Stark.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I don’t want him in the first movie either, unless it’s post credits.
    That's how I want it too. I think I posted here before about showing the rocket flight and them getting their powers due to someone sabotaging the rocket's shields and the post credits we find out it was Doom who sent the saboteur.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could always just update it.
    You mean like the last movie did?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean like the last movie did?
    Even the first movie did a better job of it by comparison.

I feel that the movies indicated about Secret Wars/Kang stuff will possibly be a way of resetting the MCU

possibly ditching all or most of the current actors, because they would reset in a proper manner

and have movies with FF and their contemporaries in the new movies.

Or maybe not, as that could involve 'retellings' of origins.

And we probably, as a movie going audience, better served by moving beyond to something else new (bring back Eternals, Inhumans, etc)

Maybe the Secret Wars movies would just be a softer reboot and just reorder certain distinctions.

So the FF might end up being 'first' in various respects.

Since some actors may not be interesting in reprising their roles (and frankly are too old even)

those parts would be recast and still served by a soft reboot. A reasonable alt for Downy as Iron Man.

Or would they just move on, after Secret Wars, to new adventures and such.

It could be a soft reboot because it ends up combining the various hinted or otherwise 'universes' together.

So a teen or younger Tony, to reset that one. Likewise Captain America Steve Rogers...

but they could go along with Falcon, that would be fine with me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

They need Al Ewing on this title ASAP.

I absolutely love Norths run, and I mean no disrespect to it - but I think Ewing could do Immortal Hulk level things with this team. Would coincide well with the film

For the film, they will definitely relaunch the title, as they usually do, with a new writer and a new number one.
    Ryan has a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I feel that the movies indicated about Secret Wars/Kang stuff will possibly be a way of resetting the MCU

possibly ditching all or most of the current actors, because they would reset in a proper manner

and have movies with FF and their contemporaries in the new movies.

Or maybe not, as that could involve 'retellings' of origins.
    Fiege has proven he is not a fan of retelling origin stories.

I think an interesting fix would be revealing that Kang or one of his variants or another time travelling villain had split the timeline so the FF, X-Men and Avengers all exist in different universes in the MCU. The resolution of Secret Wars being combining their respective universes into one. Since Kang himself is a no go, it could be Kang's son or an evil variant of either Wanda or Loki or both.

Mutants having existed since the 60's.

Logan and Cap teaming up in WW2 and rescuing a young Erik from a concentration camp during WW2.

The MCU versions of FF and X-Men being displaced from the timeline around the time Tony suited up as Iron Man.

Post Secret Wars, the X-Men and FF return and re establish themselves in the MCU-199999 / MCU 616.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Uh, really? The only time the origin has been skipped is Spider-Man, right? He appeared already with his powers in Captain America: Civil War (so did Black Panther, but he started in medias res in the comics too because he debuted in Fantastic Four and not his own book), and the origin wasn't covered in his own movies either, which was because it had already been done twice anyway (and his third movie does expect you to have watched the Maguire and Garfield movies as it retcons them as multiverse alts). Hulk's origin still appeared in the Incredible Hulk movie, though it was quickly rushed through early on as there'd been another Hulk film only five years earlier.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    They need Al Ewing on this title ASAP.

I absolutely love Norths run, and I mean no disrespect to it - but I think Ewing could do Immortal Hulk level things with this team. Would coincide well with the film
    He’s pretty much been doing his take on the FF with the (Blue) Marvel Family so I’d absolutely love to see him tackle the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, really? The only time the origin has been skipped is Spider-Man, right? He appeared already with his powers in Captain America: Civil War (so did Black Panther, but he started in medias res in the comics too because he debuted in Fantastic Four and not his own book), and the origin wasn't covered in his own movies either, which was because it had already been done twice anyway (and his third movie does expect you to have watched the Maguire and Garfield movies as it retcons them as multiverse alts). Hulk's origin still appeared in the Incredible Hulk movie, though it was quickly rushed through early on as there'd been another Hulk film only five years earlier.
    We got some brief flashbacks of his backstory in Incredible Hulk. Nothing too major.

I suspect the reason why we haven't gotten Banner's abusive past on screen yet is because it was covered in Ang Lee's movie and Fiege doesn't want to retread the same territory.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We got some brief flashbacks of his backstory in Incredible Hulk. Nothing too major.

I suspect the reason why we haven't gotten Banner's abusive past on screen yet is because it was covered in Ang Lee's movie and Fiege doesn't want to retread the same territory.
    I think they just see it as too dark for their version of Ruffalo's Hulk considering the way they portray him. He's too wholesome.

Solicitations:

DOOM #1
    JONATHAN HICKMAN & SANFORD GREENE (W) • SANFORD GREENE (A/C)
    IN THE NEAR FUTURE…DOOM ALONE MUST SAVE THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!
    Legendary creators Jonathan Hickman (ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, G.O.D.S.) and Sanford Greene (Bitter Root) send Doctor Doom on a journey unlike any he has undertaken before! With Valeria Richards at his side, Doom goes on a quest to harness more power than any human has ever wielded before in order to try to stop Galactus from bringing about the death of the universe!
    56 PGS./ONE-SHOT/RATED T+ …$6.99

FANTASTIC FOUR #20
    RYAN NORTH (W) • CARLOS GÓMEZ (A) • COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    • Things are calm and normal, and definitely will be for a long while. Things are NOT about to explode in everyone's faces, and this is NOT
    the last chance at normalcy that the FF will have for a very, very long time!
    • With that being absolutely the case, Ben "The Thing" Grimm and Johnny "The Human Torch" Storm get part-time jobs to bring in some extra cash
    for the family – and end up getting the same job at the same location. But surely pairing a hotheaded fire guy with an exasperated rock guy is
    a recipe for peace, quiet and tranquility, right? And surely these two won't bring their own drama with them when working side by side, yes?
    • Also in this issue: anagnorisis!
    32 PGS./RATED T+ …$3.99

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hickman's writing Doom after Cantwell? Damn.
    "Cable was right!"