Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Is the current run worth checking out? I tried the first issue and liked it ok but it didn’t grab me enough to keep following. Should I give the book another try?

Everything is one or two parters. It's a decent run but a lot of the time there isn't something which leaves you hanging until the next issue comes out. It's more about the characters than big stakes. Don't expect anything like what Hickman did, but yeah, keep reading.

I thought it was a nice touch when Sue and Reed are in the past, and suddenly Sue's hairstyle is different - later revealed to be them four years older, meaning the haircut was a quick way of showing that it wasn't them from the present day. Sue has had a lot of different hairstyles over the years so it'd be unlikely she'd still look the same in four years.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-08-2024 at 06:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    The thing with the braille between Reed and Sue was so cute and cool, I loved it !
    And they say Reed doesn't have a romantic bone in this body. I love how this run has been emphasizing how perfectly Reed and Sue work together.

Also cool that Sue's paleontology degree got some play this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Is the current run worth checking out? I tried the first issue and liked it ok but it didn’t grab me enough to keep following. Should I give the book another try?
    It depends what you're looking for.

If you're fine with a lot of one-and-done, fun, adventures with creative plots than I think you'd enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    The thing with the braille between Reed and Sue was so cute and cool, I loved it !
    That was so brilliant. Learning braille because of their closeness to Alicia seems like a natural but using their powers to utilize that knowledge for silent communication is great superheroics without adding in cosmic level boosting. It's a writer (or whoever North got the idea from) using the characters he has to their greatest advantage.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Everything is one or two parters. It's a decent run but a lot of the time there isn't something which leaves you hanging until the next issue comes out. It's more about the characters than big stakes. Don't expect anything like what Hickman did, but yeah, keep reading.

I thought it was a nice touch when Sue and Reed are in the past, and suddenly Sue's hairstyle is different - later revealed to be them four years older, meaning the haircut was a quick way of showing that it wasn't them from the present day. Sue has had a lot of different hairstyles over the years so it'd be unlikely she'd still look the same in four years.
    Nice observation. Sue's hair has always been a thing with its origins back with the sixties ideas of what girl heroes are like. There's no reason a newer more progressive Sue couldn't love changing her hair around fairly often.

Exactly, she's had everything from a pixie cut to waist length hair and everything in between. Sue's look has always updated as fashions changed. It's like how Janet Van Dyne has a large wardrobe.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Exactly, she's had everything from a pixie cut to waist length hair and everything in between. Sue's look has always updated as fashions changed. It's like how Janet Van Dyne has a large wardrobe.
    You're reminding me that I'd like to see Sue and her friend Janet together sometime, or maybe an unrevealed past story.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You're reminding me that I'd like to see Sue and her friend Janet together sometime, or maybe an unrevealed past story.
    It doesn't even have to be a big thing. Have an issue of FF (and if Jan is on an Avengers team mirror it there) having brunch in some well to do restaurant discussing the subject of raising teenagers with them then going their separate ways to deal with whatever crisis come up for them.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

There's absolutely no reason why not. Sue, Janet, Alicia, Jenn even, maybe. There was a recent issue of She Hulk where Jenn, Carol, and Patsy went out to a club. Sue is like many women I know who are mothers and wives who basically are the law in their households. Get them away for the family and they loosen up, enjoying not having to deal with mothering husbands and children.. It's not like Franklin and Val need sitters anymore. I understand Ben and Johnny having a wider social circle than Sue, but when Reed has more drinking buddies than Sue, that ain't right.

And a Ryan North single issue story is the perfect opportunity for this.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really liked this issue too, especially the use a villains from the Lee/Kirby Golden Age of comics.

I too finally caught up and read the latest. I loved it.

I may have to read it again, I didn't understand certain things or wondering about something Rama Tut said.

That Reed and Sue were particularly vexsome to him and implied numerous or many encounters.

So I'm wondering if there will more to that, or not.

In recalling that original encounter, Rama Tut sought to marry or take Sue to be a wife or consort and in retrospect/retcon

he should know that Sue is his impossibly distantly removed Great X Infinity grandmother.
    Not that there'd be any genetic consequences but interesting.

Still I like the break from Kang mostly.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I too finally caught up and read the latest. I loved it.

I may have to read it again, I didn't understand certain things or wondering about something Rama Tut said.

That Reed and Sue were particularly vexsome to him and implied numerous or many encounters.

So I'm wondering if there will more to that, or not.

In recalling that original encounter, Rama Tut sought to marry or take Sue to be a wife or consort and in retrospect/retcon

he should know that Sue is his impossibly distantly removed Great X Infinity grandmother.
    Not that there'd be any genetic consequences but interesting.

Still I like the break from Kang mostly.
    I think it might have been Slott, but it has been hinted at that Kang isn't a direct descendant of Reed/Sue but of Reed's whore father Nathaniel.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The thing about him being descended from Reed and Sue is that it would mean he's descended from either Franklin or Valeria. Neither of them have ever been shown in any future to have kids. Even 2099's FF were clones and not descendants.

The thing about him being descended from Reed and Sue is that it would mean he's descended from either Franklin or Valeria. Neither of them have ever been shown in any future to have kids. Even 2099's FF were clones and not descendants.

Franklin and Rachel Summers spawned Hyperstorm.