Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Reminded me of classic FF stories which is cool, but nothing that justies a Giant-size issue. Plus it was padded with an old story at the end. Overpriced, and would have been better as an issue in the main book.

It wasn't for me. Sue showing her potential as a leader early on in her lifetime is nice, but other than that it wasn't really about her which is disappointing. Plus that speech about the men was corny.
    Huh what was the speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh what was the speech?
    The whole "We love those guys" thing felt very unnecessary to me in a story meant to highlight Marvel's women. It didn't even really highlight them, all they did was beat up the bad guy. The entire story felt pointless.

For example, if you're gonna have a story about removing the Marvel women then at least show interesting, and possibly disasterous, ripple effects. The effects of them being taken away should show how important these women are in Marvel's history.

It was basically a nothing story that amounts to nothing more than a groupshot.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The whole "We love those guys" thing felt very unnecessary to me in a story meant to highlight Marvel's women. It didn't even really highlight them, all they did was beat up the bad guy. The entire story felt pointless.

For example, if you're gonna have a story about removing the Marvel women then at least show interesting, and possibly disasterous, ripple effects. The effects of them being taken away should show how important these women are in Marvel's history.

I think the intention was to illustrate how it's not a "men vs women" situation and both are awesome...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Read Giant Size F4. Apparently Namor turned himself in after Aaron's Avengers ended? Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the intention was to illustrate how it's not a "men vs women" situation and both are awesome...
    Especially since American feminists get accused of being man haters.
    "Cable was right!"

I loved the art in Giant Size. The story was good.Not too invested in Natlus but I loved the humor…it felt right and appropriate for the situation. Anytime I get to see Ben do a “clobberin time” is alright with me. I’m enjoying this title and I am looking forward to reading more FF.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Read Giant Size F4. Apparently Namor turned himself in after Aaron's Avengers ended? Lame.
    Namor turned himself in on-panel in Aaron's final AVENGERS issue. It was nice that Fabian remembered and acknowledged that, since some other writers have had Namor turning up without any explanation for why he isn't still serving his sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Especially since American feminists get accused of being man haters.
    Exactly. This story was Sue and the others fighting back against that false narrative.

Yeah, they were asked if they'd have preferred it if the men were captured instead, and that got a resounding no. They want equality, not preferential treatment.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well they did! Didn’t you read the scenes where a young Peter Parker was forced to eat Uncle Ben’s lousy wheat ales instead of Aunt May’s righteous griddle cakes or some such?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

It was porridge instead of wheatcakes (wheat based pancakes).

Of course there's a later impact we didn't see. When Ben gets killed, Peter's still only 15. If May's not around, he'd have ended up homeless and taken into care! And the FEAST center didn't exist yet.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Namor turned himself in on-panel in Aaron's final AVENGERS issue. It was nice that Fabian remembered and acknowledged that, since some other writers have had Namor turning up without any explanation for why he isn't still serving his sentence.

Exactly. This story was Sue and the others fighting back against that false narrative.
    why is Namor serving time in a prison somewhere? Voluntarily?

I remember people complaining about Namor turning himself when the final issue of his Avengers run came out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Because he spent most of the Jason Aaron AVENGERS run and the last INVADERS series being a super-villain attacking the surface world repeatedly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Bunch of stuff caught up with him. One of his "villain" acts was trying to turn humanity into water breathers, then there was his group of underwater characters who were attacking the surface world.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah, he's been done for war crimes, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Because he spent most of the Jason Aaron AVENGERS run and the last INVADERS series being a super-villain attacking the surface world repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Bunch of stuff caught up with him. One of his "villain" acts was trying to turn humanity into water breathers, then there was his group of underwater characters who were attacking the surface world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he's been done for war crimes, basically.
    So a typical Tuesday afternoon for Namor. lol