Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Joseph Quinn on playing Johnny Storm in ‘THE FANTASTIC FOUR’:

“I’m really excited! I still can’t believe it, it’s crazy. We have a great group. When I spoke to Matt, the director, he had a brilliant vision for this, and the group we have, it was an easy decision. I definitely wanted to be a part of it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Retro-futurism could be an interesting take though I feel like they don't need to jump into Galactus.
    If the FF are either time travelers or multiverse travelers (or both!) Galactus could or should be their dangling plot thread.

Maybe they don't defeat him in this go-round and subsequent appearances add to the plot.
    Certainly the FF will be in the other movies coming after.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Yeah - it's out before Avengers Secret Wars isn't it? So I'd expect them to appear there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was speculating in the other thread in TV/film, since Galactus origin is him surviving the death of a previous universe, having him survive an incursion-destroyed universe or something and emerge into the FF's universe or MCU's 616 with his powers might be an idea.

It would be an interesting twist if he was the Reed Richards of another universe. Even if he's played by a different actor (Bardem?) it's pretty much already established Reeds can look different (Krakinski)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I was speculating in the other thread in TV/film, since Galactus origin is him surviving the death of a previous universe, having him survive an incursion-destroyed universe or something and emerge into the FF's universe or MCU's 616 with his powers might be an idea.

It would be an interesting twist if he was the Reed Richards of another universe. Even if he's played by a different actor (Bardem?) it's pretty much already established Reeds can look different (Krakinski)
    Wow, that's pretty cool idea there.

I am not having too hard of a time with a female Surfer. I imagine that could play to Johnny's interest romantically.
    In fact with this person be Nova? There are a lot of tweaks or outright changes to source material.
    I'm probably okay with it in most instances, if the plotting and characters remain somewhat consistant.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I think they'd avoid the Nova name due to the Nova Corps (who were in Guardians of the Galaxy). It'd be confusing to introduce the Corps affiliated Novas (Rich Rider or Sam Alexander) if they already called Galactus's Herald "Nova". Note that when Frankie Raye became Nova in the comics, Rich's book had been cancelled and he was depowered (he got his powers back when New Warriors started and has had them ever since).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think they'd avoid the Nova name due to the Nova Corps (who were in Guardians of the Galaxy). It'd be confusing to introduce the Corps affiliated Novas (Rich Rider or Sam Alexander) if they already called Galactus's Herald "Nova". Note that when Frankie Raye became Nova in the comics, Rich's book had been cancelled and he was depowered (he got his powers back when New Warriors started and has had them ever since).
    Yeah, she'd no doubt have a different moniker, no matter who she really 'proxies'.
    ~ Oberon ~

There was actually another cinematic Frankie in the previous Silver Surfer movie, played by Beau Garrett. Unlike the complicated Human Torch related origin she was a military officer, but apart from being interested in Johnny Storm she didn't become Nova.

Maybe in this new film/universe, the Surfer retires/exiled and she takes on the new role as Herald?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I thought this last issue was alright…not as good as some of the previous issues. But better than 90 percent of the comics that came out this week. (Shout out to Beneath the Trees). Always nice to see Paste Pot Pete.
    I’m really liking the personality of the FF in this series and don’t mind the intentional build up of Susan Storm to be the centerpiece of this series.
    Alicia being the centerpiece was nice and having the cosmic cube was fun. If I can say anything about this series is that it’s been fun without being too serious.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I liked seeing Sue and Alicia being the "stars" of this issue. The art was beautifully done in the in black and white with splashes of red.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I liked seeing Sue and Alicia being the "stars" of this issue. The art was beautifully done in the in black and white with splashes of red.
    Yes they were the stars but I would “argue” that they have made Sue the star of the series. Lovely noir feel to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The Deviant's Realm picture looked like it came straight out of a Howard Chaykin book. Truly beautiful.

Issue 712 was a lot of fun. North takes a trope laden private dick story and has a lot of fun. The Mole Man was a nice call-out to Batman's current version of the Penguin. This issue was great and something different that what we've been getting which itself has been excellent. About the only drawback might have been the Namor appearance, but I'll blame Pete for shipping them again.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Back on issue 712, but the line "It was going to fix everything, it was --- It was going to fix everything." was very Hickman Reed. I wonder if it was just a well phrased line, or if it means something more. North needs a big story!
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?