Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I really don't like the whole 'once a year' for Franklin. I would just have him have his powers...but that they don't really get to the god-level without some outside influence. Most of time he would have energy powers at the same level as Johnny's flame powers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really don't like the whole 'once a year' for Franklin. I would just have him have his powers...but that they don't really get to the god-level without some outside influence. Most of time he would have energy powers at the same level as Johnny's flame powers.
    Yes, the once a year seems too arbitrary for such a cosmic being. What does Time mean to Franklin considering what the preview showed; seeing his older selves/future selves, etc.

But his brain or 'mind' knows he needs his own psychic blocks.

I wonder if Franklin will ever be able to have a relationship with Rachael Phoenix someday.
    He'd have to age up more, or it would be an alt 'verse.

But on the subject of his future selves coming back....

wouldn't they too have known about this approaching menace, and advise him how to change?

So in other words, this too shall pass.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think it solves the problem of having a powerful God in the family. So future writers can have an issue or arc with him at full power without worrying about his very existence removing any stakes for any other storylines.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think it solves the problem of having a powerful God in the family. So future writers can have an issue or arc with him at full power without worrying about his very existence removing any stakes for any other storylines.
    You make an excellent point. From a story perspective, you have your cake while be able to eat it too (in moderation). It is similar to Ben's changing back (which we did not see in North's tenure, my one big complaint about this run) but as long as the two events are intertwined somehow in some messy fashion, it works.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

It’s hard writers always have to find some way to nerf their OP characters with god like power, this isn’t the worse nerf I’ve seen but it’s still a nerf IDK O get why they do it but some writers just make up some stupid ass **** to nerf characters like Franklin, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, Legion ect to name a few all on the verge of godhood but for the plot they get toned down.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It’s hard writers always have to find some way to nerf their OP characters with god like power, this isn’t the worse nerf I’ve seen but it’s still a nerf IDK O get why they do it but some writers just make up some stupid ass **** to nerf characters like Franklin, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, Legion ect to name a few all on the verge of godhood but for the plot they get toned down.
    The problem with Legion is he never should have become as powerful as he has. When introduced he has telekinesis, telepathy and pyrokinesis...and each was controlled by a different personality. The TK and pyro by personalities created by the trauma of the attack he lived through the the telepathy by the mind of one of the terrorist who he absorbed into his mind. Someone came along after with the bad idea that he had every power...and each of those powers had a personality.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

and for future authors, this can resolve Slott's awful retcon... Franklin can still be an omega mutant, except he used his power to conceal it in order to live a normal adolescence. It's not the best solution, but it leaves an exit strategy and it's better than nothing.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Looks like it’s going to be another awesome issue. Love the book and always looking forward to the next one. Always funny seeing Ben using a telephone pole to swat meteors.
    Im honestly curious to see if Dino Doom and 616 Doom are still slugging it out.
    I look forward to this book every month and it’s a true bright spot in comics.
    I hope the vampire storyline coming up doesn’t cross into the FF too much and ruin a couple of months that could be used for awesome storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    and for future authors, this can resolve Slott's awful retcon... Franklin can still be an omega mutant, except he used his power to conceal it in order to live a normal adolescence. It's not the best solution, but it leaves an exit strategy and it's better than nothing.
    Maybe they can just have Reed shoot him with an inhibitor gun again and put him in a coma.

I like what I’m seeing, and hopefully it means Franklin is still a mutant, but just hiding it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I feel like Franklin being God only was a problem when Onslaught happened.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Maybe they can just have Reed shoot him with an inhibitor gun again and put him in a coma.
    I feel terrible for laughing at this.

Am I the only one who thought God-Franklin was always dumb? I was hoping they would completely get rid of it, but alas...

I thought this was a good read. It was nice to see what Franklin gets up to. Quite the feat to spoilers:
    hide your powers from everyone including yourself for 364 days a year. was also nice to see despite all his power the FF was able to pull off stopping the meteors at the end by working together showing he is in good hands those 364 days.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Really good issue….my favorite part was Valarya griping to her mom for not waking her up for an apocalyptic event. Nice to see a N.S. Cameo (I put in abbreviations because I’m not sure when the spoiler time is over… but those who know and have been with the FF for a long time will ).