Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The thing about him being descended from Reed and Sue is that it would mean he's descended from either Franklin or Valeria. Neither of them have ever been shown in any future to have kids. Even 2099's FF were clones and not descendants.
    I don't like the idea of Kang being descended from Reed and Sue. It's a locked in future that seems a lot less bright than the FF usually has. I can get behind a Nathaniel Richards ancestry though. He had kids all over.

As to Franklin, his post Hyperstorm interpretation has him as very long lived as per Hickman's run and Waid's History of the Marvel Universe. The thought of him having children is very possible. Valeria's a blank slate. I'd imagine she's already started a genetic study to see what her offspring with various characters would be like and their power sets.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Franklin and Rachel Summers spawned Hyperstorm.
    I recall a recent story where it may have indicated that Kang is 'somewhat' a descendent of Richards, like Great-great nephew over 1000s of years. So now

I want to see Hyperstorm (or 'a' Hyperstorm) battle Kang and/or Rama Tut.

Throw in the Sphinx who hasn't been seen in ages too!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I don't like the idea of Kang being descended from Reed and Sue. It's a locked in future that seems a lot less bright than the FF usually has. I can get behind a Nathaniel Richards ancestry though. He had kids all over.

As to Franklin, his post Hyperstorm interpretation has him as very long lived as per Hickman's run and Waid's History of the Marvel Universe. The thought of him having children is very possible. Valeria's a blank slate. I'd imagine she's already started a genetic study to see what her offspring with various characters would be like and their power sets.
    Since Val doesn't have powers herself (though that is odd considering her Marvel Girl alternate that was around before she was born), if she has kids with a mutant or mutate they'd probably just inherit his powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Happy Valentine’s Day from Marvel’s First Family! Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn are The Fantastic Four.

Marvel Studios' #TheFantasticFour, in theaters July 25, 2025.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...455694452?s=20

From the design and logo it looks like they might be going for a very retro-futuristic approach which of course is very fitting.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Happy Valentine’s Day from Marvel’s First Family! Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn are The Fantastic Four.

Interesting. I wasn't sure how I would feel bout this casting, but I do love the style and art direction of this.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

And herbie the robot is in that movie art also!

Very 60s looking design there - period piece?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I recall a recent story where it may have indicated that Kang is 'somewhat' a descendent of Richards, like Great-great nephew over 1000s of years. So now

I want to see Hyperstorm (or 'a' Hyperstorm) battle Kang and/or Rama Tut.

Throw in the Sphinx who hasn't been seen in ages too!
    Recent? I remember first seeing that in Avengers: The Terminatrix Agenda.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

The artwork for this is pretty cool and I hope they do something similar for the official movie posters instead of the usual boring MCU posters.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm still iffy on Pedro as Reed but cast seems solid.

The only thing I hate about the period piece aspect is it's like they're doubling-down on the FF being "old school" or "retro" and will have to adjust a lot to make that work and how they relate to the present-day. I dunno, it just feels iffy to me.

But hey, Herbie !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still iffy on Pedro as Reed but cast seems solid.

The only thing I hate about the period piece aspect is it's like they're doubling-down on the FF being "old school" or "retro" and will have to adjust a lot to make that work and how they relate to the present-day. I dunno, it just feels iffy to me.

But hey, Herbie !
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Wasn’t feeling Pedro for Reed (although I guess it’s better than Krasinki) and I think the out of time thing has been done enough already but I’m hoping the execution will prove me wrong.

Ebon Moss Bachrach, a jewish actor, to play Ben?! NOICE! Bonus points for blue eyes. Vanessa Kirby as Sue is just perfect. Don't know anything about Joseph Quinn. I've only seen Pascal in TLOU and he played the distant yet obviously caring dad really well. With some tweaks I think he'll do great.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Ebon Moss Bachrach, a jewish actor, to play Ben?! NOICE! Bonus points for blue eyes. Vanessa Kirby as Sue is just perfect. Don't know anything about Joseph Quinn. I've only seen Pascal in TLOU and he played the distant yet obviously caring dad really well. With some tweaks I think he'll do great.
    Plus he does the bro-ship really well in TLOU means him and Ben are gonna be great, but I just feel he's so overexposed people will see Pedro and not Reed.