Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    All I'm saying is, bring back Hyperstorm somehow.
    An interesting mystery where the four come back from some dimensional journey, but only slowly realize they've been waylaid and are not quite back home.

Somehow, 'a' Hyperstorm is orchestrating this.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    All I'm saying is, bring back Hyperstorm somehow.
    But give him a new costume. The one he has makes it clear that he is descended from noted fashion disaster 90s Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    But give him a new costume. The one he has makes it clear that he is descended from noted fashion disaster 90s Rachel.
    1970s: We had the worst fashion choices.
    1990s' comics: Hold my staples.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I would LOVE Hyperstorm to come back. But he was way too powerful..

I wouldn’t mind both Psi-Lord and Huntara returning as well.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind both Psi-Lord and Huntara returning as well.
    I was a reader who appreciated DeFalco's arc and the very cool twists. Ryan's art was very good for the book too.

Huntara and PSI Lord should return, somehow, as the multiverse is large. And time travel etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I’ve always been a silent DeFalco FF lover because it seemed his run was pretty well unliked by many people… Recent years have shown me that there are lot more people out there, and that bring me joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’ve always been a silent DeFalco FF lover because it seemed his run was pretty well unliked by many people… Recent years have shown me that there are lot more people out there, and that bring me joy.
    There are many of us who enjoyed that run. It's just the negative loud people who make you think otherwise.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...ory-1975-1981/

Sue must be using her powers there. She's the only main FF member not shown on this retro calendar art. Things have certainly changed for the better nowadays, this book should be reflecting that by showing characters like Sue and Janet - and they do need to change that cover because Conan's on it, who isn't currently a Marvel controlled character!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There are many of us who enjoyed that run. It's just the negative loud people who make you think otherwise.
    The DeFalco era was easily the closest to the book's original attitude of doing something different. The changes in cast, setting, status were huge. Tom DeFalco had a dynamic effect not seen since Lee and Kirby. I think his handling of Lyja was a pile of excrement, though.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I was a reader who appreciated DeFalco's arc and the very cool twists. Ryan's art was very good for the book too.

Huntara and PSI Lord should return, somehow, as the multiverse is large. And time travel etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It is probably my favorite Fantastic Four run. I really LOVED it. Itwas so unpredictable. Ben having his face scared, Reed's "death" (though I do think they rushed the conclusion of that storyline due to the incomming Heroes Reborn reboot), Sue taking over as leader, etc... And the guest stars, so many guest stars. Namor, Lyja, Ant-Man, Ms Marvel, the Fantastic Force, Kristoff Vernard, etc... I recently got the Epic Collection that rounds up that phase, and I'm enjoying it so much. I cannot praise enough Ryan and Bulanadi's art. I miss those days of a solid and steady creative team. DeFalco and Ryan stuck around for about 60 issues. THAT's commitment.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    It is probably my favorite Fantastic Four run. I really LOVED it. Itwas so unpredictable. Ben having his face scared, Reed's "death" (though I do think they rushed the conclusion of that storyline due to the incomming Heroes Reborn reboot), Sue taking over as leader, etc... And the guest stars, so many guest stars. Namor, Lyja, Ant-Man, Ms Marvel, the Fantastic Force, Kristoff Vernard, etc... I recently got the Epic Collection that rounds up that phase, and I'm enjoying it so much. I cannot praise enough Ryan and Bulanadi's art. I miss those days of a solid and steady creative team. DeFalco and Ryan stuck around for about 60 issues. THAT's commitment.

Peace
    My absolute favorite era. The inclusion of Sharon, Scott, Lyja, and Namor created some excellent stories. Once that cast was gone I found the core Four to be.... kinda boring.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 04-02-2024 at 07:21 PM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

My absolute favorite era. The inclusion of Sharon, Scott, Lyja, and Namor created some excellent stories. Once that cast was gone I fount the core Four to be.... kinda boring.
    I liked Defalco's run. I liked Engleharts too, which first gave us Sharon as She Thing.
    ~ Oberon ~

Variant cover for issue 20 By Rod Reis:

Are they getting new costumes? I hope so because the current ones don’t work for when not drawn by Alex Ross. They need that shine to them like in his Full Circle book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

That's part of a linewide variant cover set themed around Spider-Man's black costume. It's 40 years since it's debut in Secret Wars.

Odd that it's not just a recolour of the usual blue costumes though. This design doesn't match any previous FF costume does it? Unlike the Ms. Marvel black suit variant, which is a monochrome version of Kamala's classic look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman