Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Plus he does the bro-ship really well in TLOU means him and Ben are gonna be great, but I just feel he's so overexposed people will see Pedro and not Reed.
    I don't consume media all that much so to me he seems good but yeah to the general audience that may be the case. Appearantly nowadays he's hollywoods go to dad from what I've read online. Now we only need Franklin and Valeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Recent? I remember first seeing that in Avengers: The Terminatrix Agenda.
    I forgot that one.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

When you've been reading the Fantastic Four since 1967 (age 12) you're bound to forget when .... or if, even.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Happy Valentine’s Day from Marvel’s First Family! Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn are The Fantastic Four.

Marvel Studios' #TheFantasticFour, in theaters July 25, 2025.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...455694452?s=20
    I'm liking the retro classic look! Let this be the time where the Fantastic Four finally get to shine on the big screen. Love the actress they got for Sue. She was one of my favorite parts of Hobbs and Shaw

The Johnny actor is only 3 years older than Tom Holland, so that's nice.

Not sure if I know who the Ben and Johnny actors are but I'm familiar with Pedro of course

and I recently saw Kirby as Josephine in the Napolean movie.
    She seems quite capable and also beautiful, ala Sue but... / (also) sophisticated.
    and I think that is a good tone to have with with her and possibly the other 4 members.

I think the idea of a retro start, but coming to the MCU of today is the way to go.
    The FF will probably be a different kind of "out of time" heroes. They're no Captain America, for sure.
    As scientist/technician/adventurers, they create themselves in their time spot. Maybe they're contemporaries of some sort with SHIELD, Pym, etc.
    But they vanish, and are soon forgotten.
    In reality, they went deep exploration. Maybe they caught Galactus trail, and followed him through time, realities, etc.
    They've experienced the universe, time and multi universes in a way that any other Marvel hero has done.
    This is what makes a group of guys from the ancient '60s sophisticates.
    They've been to the ends of the universe, same for time, or other dimensions, or microverses, etc.
    They won't be the same kind of culture shock that Cap had. Sure hope they do something like this.
    ~ Oberon ~

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm hoping they go pure nerd/scientist with Reed where he is a guy with just an all-consuming love for adventuring.

Would do a good job of differentiating him from the other resident scientists like Tony and Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm hoping they go pure nerd/scientist with Reed where he is a guy with just an all-consuming love for adventuring.

Would do a good job of differentiating him from the other resident scientists like Tony and Hank.
    Admittedly I haven't seen Pedro's range, but I hear he is good in serious stuff.

So I agree with the nerd thing.
    ~ Oberon ~

Phil Noto did some fan art of the new cast

https://www.instagram.com/philnoto/p/C3WdF7SMnQI/?hl=en
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-14-2024 at 11:36 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I hope they have it take place in 1961 and at the end they end up in 2025. Only issue with that is Doom and Reed needing their rivalry, and that would mean Doom needs to be in it too..

If the Mole Man is in it, Danny Divito has to play him or we should all riot! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still iffy on Pedro as Reed but cast seems solid.

The only thing I hate about the period piece aspect is it's like they're doubling-down on the FF being "old school" or "retro" and will have to adjust a lot to make that work and how they relate to the present-day. I dunno, it just feels iffy to me.

But hey, Herbie !
    Honestly, it serves their origin well. Originally, that space flight was about beating the Soviet Union to it, right? That doesn't work in the present day, the space race hasn't really been a thing since about 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think the idea of a retro start, but coming to the MCU of today is the way to go.
    The FF will probably be a different kind of "out of time" heroes. They're no Captain America, for sure.
    As scientist/technician/adventurers, they create themselves in their time spot. Maybe they're contemporaries of some sort with SHIELD, Pym, etc.
    But they vanish, and are soon forgotten.
    In reality, they went deep exploration. Maybe they caught Galactus trail, and followed him through time, realities, etc.
    They've experienced the universe, time and multi universes in a way that any other Marvel hero has done.
    This is what makes a group of guys from the ancient '60s sophisticates.
    They've been to the ends of the universe, same for time, or other dimensions, or microverses, etc.
    They won't be the same kind of culture shock that Cap had. Sure hope they do something like this.
    Yeah, I expect the first film to be set in the 60s, then they end up time displaced. Their first space flight gives them their powers, their second flings them into the future? Of course with tech like Herbie around, and the 1960s already having quite a bit more modern tech than the 1940s anyway, it won't be the same culture shock it was for Steve. And of course brings them in just in time for Secret Wars. Also, maybe have Sue pregnant at this point (timeskip before the second flight, which would be in the movie's epilogue), with Franklin (and maybe Valeria - could simplify things by making them twins?) having been born by the time they get a sequel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I hope they have it take place in 1961 and at the end they end up in 2025. Only issue with that is Doom and Reed needing their rivalry, and that would mean Doom needs to be in it too..

If the Mole Man is in it, Danny Divito has to play him or we should all riot! lol
    Divito! Yeah,

I like this idea, they should start in their landmark year and end up here.

Traveling through time and space will 'season' them so the retro thing won't be off as they arrive finally to US!

Doom. Welll, what if The Dr. Doom of '61 is the father/grandfather of modern DOOM

and the latter wants revenge for crimes against the father.

Thought 2. Remember those giant sleeping robots in early Captain America (silver age). They were planted by Red Skull or something?

Maybe '61 Doom does something similar, seeing as the 4 and Reed escaped in time, etc.

And he has some monitor that will awaken him and the giant doom bots when they return.
    ~ Oberon ~

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

I really don't want Doom to be a major player in the first movie.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Doom is going to be referenced/post-credit scene but that's probably it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, it serves their origin well. Originally, that space flight was about beating the Soviet Union to it, right? That doesn't work in the present day, the space race hasn't really been a thing since about 1970.

Yeah, I expect the first film to be set in the 60s, then they end up time displaced. Their first space flight gives them their powers, their second flings them into the future? Of course with tech like Herbie around, and the 1960s already having quite a bit more modern tech than the 1940s anyway, it won't be the same culture shock it was for Steve. And of course brings them in just in time for Secret Wars. Also, maybe have Sue pregnant at this point (timeskip before the second flight, which would be in the movie's epilogue), with Franklin (and maybe Valeria - could simplify things by making them twins?) having been born by the time they get a sequel.
    Could always just update it.

I wonder if Mole Man will be the antagonist in the first film. Several Marvel kaiju can be unleashed.