Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I wonder if it the replacement and the whole Four thing has anything to do with it? Like if some folks think that only four people at a time can be on the FF?
    The first Crystal era had five characters on the team and there were questions about a name change then.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Animated Appreciation

This is what got me into the FF. I'm someone who got into the book because of other media. I was very much into the book when I could grab issues for sale, was the lucky recipient of a generous relative's gift, or found others willing to trade. Ah, the good old days. I dealt with the differences in the book and the cartoon and was able to realize that the two weren't exactly the same as there was no "Crys" in the cartoon. I was 8 though, so I was wise to the ways of the world.

The FF, frankly use the formula that made Breaking Bad and The Sopranos so popular. Extraordinary professional settings juxtaposed with standard family situations. It's been said that good stories consist of one of two situations. First, a normal person is put into extraordinary circumstances with the second being someone extraordinary being put into normal circumstances. The FF are at their best when in the first situation. Power them up, sure, let Reed go nuts, sure, but ultimately, if it's just comic-booky science defeating some fantasy threat, then it doesn't work nearly as well. Ryan North has taken the cast and used them as characters and personalities using those attributes to resolve the situation.

That's the FF I've loved for 55 years.

Odd thing is both Tigra and Thundra are seen as ff members! Just not impy and he helps during the big bad guy battle those 5 issues! Why was he left out?

He should count as a member. Same as the ant-man era team extra members as again they went on full missions for a year and was on the covers many times but are not members?

Ghost rider is a member but not lyja?

I wonder if it the replacement and the whole Four thing has anything to do with it? Like if some folks think that only four people at a time can be on the FF?
    Wizard in the 80s talking to himself "they call themselves fantastic four but sometimes they are 5 and even 6 with reeds kid. Me? I could always hire another member to the frightful four"

Even wizard comments on it. Heck after reed and sue return ms marvel stays a member for about another year worth of stories as the 5th member and she-hulk was the 5th member in events like ff vs x-men 80s!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    To the issue of who is or is not, a lot of times it comes to if you get / got a costume or modified your own (with or without consent) to look like an FF uniform.

I think when Tigra, Thundra and Impy were hanging around (thr run-up to FF # 200, Reed is possessed by "the Brute") that was a proto
    Future Foundation.
    Especially when some of the others who didn't really 'replace' anyone but were 'team members' such as Doom, Antman, Namor and even Frankie.
    Vintage accounts of who was and was not considered an "official" member of the team...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Wonder why a new F4 animated show is not out now? There should be lots of animated straight to Blu-Ray movies based on the F4 at this point. It should be a "regular go to" like the Justice League/Batman/Superman animated films.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Wonder why a new F4 animated show is not out now? There should be lots of animated straight to Blu-Ray movies based on the F4 at this point. It should be a "regular go to" like the Justice League/Batman/Superman animated films.
    Marvel doesn't make much animated stuff since the MCU got big.

They have--

Moon girl
    What if
    X-men 97
    Spider-man upcoming new cartoon
    Spidey and his amazing friends
    Marvel zombies

An animated FF movie sounds like a natural. The FF's powers are very special effects driven which makes animation an easier option. The only drawback as far as I can see is any possible conflict with a live action movie.

At this point I'd rather see an animated movie than live action.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Marvel doesn't make much animated stuff since the MCU got big.
    Yeah, the reason is because they're not in the MCU yet. They just don't make movies or TV shows unrelated to the MCU now, with the exception of Moon Girl, which is a Disney Channel commission, and X-Men 97, which is a revival of the 1992 cartoon.

Probably also doesn't help that Disney XD is on it's way out, a lot of international versions are gone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think after a few failed movie attempts still fresh in people’s mind, the FF would be better as a tv series set in the MCU. I’d have made it the backbone of D+ Marvel content.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I guess I should mention The Thing showing up in Spidey and his Amazing Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I always considered all of them FF members.
    Yes, essentially all these guys are de facto, members. There should be a story where someone from the FF legal team (or Roberta) brings a form to sign for all these folks, some preliminary contract or agreement.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I think I'm going to like North's handling of the kids better than Slott's.