Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    of course..

a wardrobe is the portal to the other dimensions? CS Lewis influence?

For a super genius, Val can be pretty dumb sometimes. She should've known a substance that can dissolve anything would also dissolve it's container. You are not living up to your codename, Brainstorm!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    For a super genius, Val can be pretty dumb sometimes. She should've known a substance that can dissolve anything would also dissolve it's container. You are not living up to your codename, Brainstorm!
    Ah the eternal bane of experimentation.

Not thinking far enough ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ah the eternal bane of experimentation.

Not thinking far enough ahead.
    Val's greatest weakness (along with her taste in boys) .

I am soooooo glad to have the kids back! North writes them so well! Just… why are Franklin and Val in the same class? Is it because she’s so smart? If that’s the case, she should be in college… lol

Mighty Member

All I have to say is any teacher that assigns an essay on the first day of school is savage. Any teacher that demands that essay be turned in on the second day is literally Mephisto in disguise.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 01-17-2024 at 12:00 PM.

I'm screaming with delight! Marvel has already given me one of my 2024 wants with the Fantastic Four! And now I'm going to gush!

spoilers:
    Franklin and Valeria Richards are back baby! With Nicki and Jo! I love these four so much. They had such a entertaining, charming, and endearing dynamic with one another. Franklin and Val were at their absolute best as these genius science project and getting Nicki and Jo wrapped in too. This is the kind of family dynamics I love in my comics. 2024 has just started but this is already my top favorite comic of January at least. How old are Frank and Val now? They in high school, because they sure look like full teenagers now. Regardless the Richards children are back and steal the show.

I loved all of Valeria's expressions. Even when being modest I can just see her big ego, she can totally grow up to be a future mad scientist with they way she expresses herself. I still love how Jo and Nicki interact with everyone with their 'mission' and 'commander' talk. They are such a delight. I could spend hours talking about them. The artwork was also amazing. Great to have them back in the Fantastic Four books. Now if only they can meet their dinosaur counterparts for more fun!

As for that teacher, she better watch herself. Nobody gives Valeria a F-. Not with Godfather Doom in her corner. He about to go God Emperor Doom on that classroom
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 01-17-2024 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm screaming with delight! Marvel has already given me one of my 2024 wants with the Fantastic Four! And now I'm going to gush!

spoilers:
    Franklin and Valeria Richards are back baby! With Nicki and Jo! I love these four so much. They had such a entertaining, charming, and endearing dynamic with one another. Franklin and Val were at their absolute best as these genius science project and getting Nicki and Jo wrapped in too. This is the kind of family dynamics I love in my comics. 2024 has just started but this is already my top favorite comic of January at least. How old are Frank and Val now? They in high school, because they sure look like full teenagers now. Regardless the Richards children are back and steal the show.

I loved all of Valeria's expressions. Even when being modest I can just see her big ego, she can totally grow up to be a future mad scientist with they way she expresses herself. I still love how Jo and Nicki interact with everyone with their 'mission' and 'commander' talk. They are such a delight. I could spend hours talking about them. The artwork was also amazing. Great to have them back in the Fantastic Four books. Now if only they can meet their dinosaur counterparts for more fun!

As for that teacher, she better watch herself. Nobody gives Valeria a F-. Not with Godfather Doom in her corner. He about to go God Emperor Doom on that classroom
    end of spoilers
    Franklin is at least 16 since we had an issue with him getting his license. Valeria is at least 13 since Sue specifically said they have teenagers (plural). Considering they were away (from their perspective) for five years, this sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Franklin is at least 16 since we had an issue with him getting his license. Valeria is at least 13 since Sue specifically said they have teenagers (plural). Considering they were away (from their perspective) for five years, this sounds about right.
    Wow! Franklin is one year older then Cassie Lang now. She's still 15. Aging in Marvel makes no sense.

Franklin's license was flying which didn't have the 16 yr old limitation. Sue did say teenagers which is a stretch for Val, but it is a canonical statement by someone who should know. I like to think of them as 15 and 10, but Marvel probably has different ideas. I think Marvel are less likely to slap an official actual age on them in order to keep story ideas open.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Aging in Marvel makes no sense.
    A- This
    B- What they said
    C- QFT
    D- All of the above
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I definitely like what North is doing with the kids more than 50% of Slott's run, now if he can just make sure they don't feel forced into other stuff, I'm good.

Slott messed up. Before Secret Wars, their established ages were 3 and 8. After the timeskip, they should've been 8 and 13, but instead, it seems that Val somehow aged up to match Franklin! He never did state more specifically than them both being teenagers though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I had my fears on how North would write the kids (after all, he literally made them disappear for 1-2 years at the very start of this run :P ) but he proved me wrong !
    This was a really fun issue, and loved the dynamic between all 4 of them ! Val will really doom the Earth/Universe one of these days, huh? (pun not intended!)
    Hope we see more of them like this!

I didnt dislike Slott's run (it was extremely hit-or-miss for me), but I haven't found a single issue in North's run that I haven't liked (or outright loved) so far! Really really hope he stays in the book for some more years!

All-New Member

Great story; I loved the page towards the end showing spoilers:
    the adults choosing to be chill parents
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Looking forward to the first Issue of June's & Weezie's POWER PACK: INTO THE STORM......meaning that we get to see Tattletale again....not that I don't mind the current Franklin Richards and his sister Valeria.....