Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1174

I kinda wonder how the Absolute Power tie-ins were decided. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Green Arrow all tie-in. Batman has a tie-in but it's only the back-up. While Flash and Titans seem to be ignoring Absolute Power completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    DC solicits are out in Bleeding Cool.
    That’s interesting that they’re calling them the Marvel Family again.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i can’t read them; stupid website keeps crashing. this event is a non starter for me though.
    So I'm not the only one who's had to deal with that site's constant crashing. BC is embarrassing.

Astonishing Member

I kinda wonder how the Absolute Power tie-ins were decided. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Green Arrow all tie-in. Batman has a tie-in but it's only the back-up. While Flash and Titans seem to be ignoring Absolute Power completely.
    Good for Flash and Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So I'm not the only one who's had to deal with that site's constant crashing. BC is embarrassing.
    well, i am using my phone to read them; that could be it.

Mighty Member

Did u just copy and paste the comment actually? I seen this comment somewhere in DC Reddit and obvious i know its you all along.

It sounds like maybe Tini Howard is winding down her Catwoman run?

I admit up front that what I'm about to share might be completely false, so take it with a grain of salt. It's some fun stuff my comic book retailer shared with me, stuff he heard from people he knows who know other people at DC. You know how that goes...

From his "sources:"

- Rich Johnston's comments that Absolute DC has a lot to do with the looming copyright expiration is true. This is DC's preparation for a long-term solution to the problem of no longer solely owning all versions of their characters.

- The "Absolute Earth" line (possibly referred to as "Earth-A" to avoid conflict with the countless numbered universes) will not line up with the plans that James Gunn has for DC on film, whereas "DC All In" will. Apparently, "All In" refers to synergy among various media.

- Absolute DC books will be limited to solo characters for a time and will radically reimagine some of them. That's not my choice of words, it's the word my comic guy said was used. Johnston used similarly strong wording in his story.

- Because the intent is to develop a new universe that would more easily exist in light of expired copyrights, expect changes in characters' ethnicity, sexual identity, and powers.

- Green Lantern and Flash will be among those most changed from the versions we know today. Think the SA approach to those same characters but perhaps as radically different as Tangent.

- First books released include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and the debut of new characters or old characters repurposed for the new universe.

- As Johnston said, Waid is involved but so too are John Ridley, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Gail Simone, Tom King, Tom Taylor, and Grant Morrison.

- Superman will likely receive a new ethnic background, with Coates adapting his Superman film ideas for the Earth-A version of the character.

- Wonder Woman's origin will be heavily tweaked, rooted in Native American mythology instead of Greek.

- Bruce Wayne will likely be of mixed heritage and will possibly also be gay or bisexual.

- The buildup to the Justice League will take a while, perhaps months or even a year's worth of stories.

- Grant Morrison is involved in some way with the Wonder Woman revamp, possibly writing and approaching the character the way he did Superman in the New 52.

My thoughts:

Personally, none of this interests me in the slightest. If true, though, it's not surprising. They will retain trademarks but not copyrights, meaning they'll have to get very creative to distinguish their versions of the DC heroes from those that will likely start appearing in less than a decade. I have no interest in what will less "Ultimate DC" and more of a radical reimagining, but I understand why DC would go that route.
    Last edited by All Star Superman; 04-19-2024 at 10:13 AM.

That sounds very interesting!! And exactly what I wanted! I do not want a retread of what we already have with the main continuity! I wanted something new and exciting! Let’s hope they execute it well! That Batman news, if true, is going to break the internet and bring out all the right wingers.

Also I’m sad about Blue Beetle ending! Is it officially cancelled or is a new team taking over? Rebirth had a new team take over last time.

Some of that sounds like a disaster if they change the characters too much. You know if they actually have a gay Batman that will dominate a lot of the discussion of the new line, probably to its detriment. I can just picture all the fighting online, lol. The Grant Morrison stuff makes me think it is fake though. I don't know if he would really want to get involved again and write Wonder Woman when he did her Earth One series which was his opportunity to do his take on the character.

Come back here in some months if you want to laugh at me, but Grant Morrison writing Wonder Woman makes it sound fake. Morrrison allways explained they never like coming back to a character.

Also, didnt Rich at first comment It was going to be Ewing writing her?

Fake, that it doesn’t even list a book for Snyder who is supposed to be showrunning this is enough for me to dismiss it. Tom King has said he’s only planning on doing WW as an ongoing book because he’s so busy with the movie/TV DCU projects he’s working on. Morrison is not coming back to do a WW ongoing, and they’re definitely not getting Morrison to write a Native American WW ongoing.

Furthermore Absolute Comics began as a Scott Snyder pitch to star the classic heroes while 5G aged everyone up and radically revamped the mantles. This is the exact opposite of that, it’s basically 5G 2.0. Not buying it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

- Rich Johnston's comments that Absolute DC has a lot to do with the looming copyright expiration is true. This is DC's preparation for a long-term solution to the problem of no longer solely owning all versions of their characters.
    It doesn't make any sense, this whole thing about copyright expiration is extremely exaggerated.
    Characters who are entering public domain are the very first, original versions of the characters. It will take many years before modern interpretations or at least most of its' elements enter public domain. Superman who will enter public domain won't even able to fly, lol.
    And, come on, does anyone believe they're gonna change skin color and sexual orientation of Batman and Superman? Really? It would be slightly possible with a previous regime (I mean, they greenlighted 5G), but with this one? With Zaslav in charge of WBD? Nah, not a chance.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-19-2024 at 12:25 PM.

I question if those rumors are true, but I do think that is the correct window to focus on. The era of DC right before the JL formed. It allows you to start early enough if their main heroes' careers where it is still fresh, but you aren't starting at the very beginning. You have established assets to use from the jump instead of slowly introducing everything. Then if the line is successful and you want to have the titles bleed into each other more, then the forming of the JL is the best point to do that.