Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    So Ultraman (I assume it's Match? The OG one is dead), Hawkgirl, Metamorpho and Guy Gardner. Sounds like a line-up meant to synergize with Superman: Legacy.

Of course that's assuming it's true. Rich Johnson hasn't gotten much right in a while.
    Haven't I?

I can't give you any specific teases cause I could get in trouble [laughs]. But yeah, I mean, I'm not going anywhere. I kind of just showed up, just started working on stuff for DC last year. I'm super excited that the first projects I'm doing here are a Batman book and a run on Action Comics. That's a pretty great way to start off your relationship.

And that relationship is continuing. There's other stuff I've been working on and am about to start working on. I'm about to start writing something later this month. So yeah, that's the point of my career I'm at right now. I'm happy to be able to spread my wings and work wherever I choose to work on whatever characters speak to me in the moment.

Like I've said many times, my life as a comic book reader began with DC. Those are the books that first sparked my love for comics and made me really want to read comics for the rest of my life. Writing Batman and Superman right out of the gate is not a bad way to start, but I'm not even scratching the surface of what I have to say about those two characters, let alone the entire rest of the DC Universe.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/jason-aar...ign=socialflow
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I just hope he can deliver better than some of his later Marvel work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed. I just can’t get excited about his new DC work after his Avengers and WATXM runs. I hope he brings the level of quality from Wolverine: Weapon X, but that’s been ages.

Astonishing Member

Something tells me he's the next Batman writer.

Zdarsky will only leave Batman if it starts to sell badly, which shouldn't happen, Batman dominated sales last year and should do the same this year. Currently the only thing DC expects from Batman is that it sells, editorially, the line is in chaos.
    I hope Jason Aaron writes a hero with a very loud fanbase, he was horrible in Thor (only the first arc is good because of Ribic's art), but Thor's fanbase is silent, and Marvel readers are inert to general form (except X-Men).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    After suffering with his mediocre avengers run, my hopes are very low. Although he had to do it in purpuose to do it worse than in his avengers run.

At the very least it doesn't seem like Aaron is doing any ongoing's so it'll probably be mini's or short stints.

He might get an arc in 'Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Something tells me he's the next Batman writer.
    He’s more likely to replace Ram V on Tec than Zdarsky I think. But he also said he didn’t want to do another long ongoing run for a while.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s more likely to replace Ram V on Tec than Zdarsky I think. But he also said he didn’t want to do another long ongoing run for a while.
    I think he's got a 'Tec arc in him.

You know I don't hate Aaron work in general but I hated his Avengers run overall. And I gave it a shot and read it all including Avengers Forever. On top of that I absolutely HATE Bizarro. So even though I love the artist on this run I'm going to have to pass. Bizarro speak just drives me nuts. I can't do it.

https://www.thepopverse.com/justice-...-worlds-finest
    Responding to a Facebook post for more World’s Finest: Teen Titans, Waid wrote, “You and me both! But trust me, there will be more World's Finest books once I clear some more imminent runway. I just haven't decided yet what to tackle. Early JLA? Supergirl and Robin? I probably should go think more about what I loved most as a child. (Alas, my very first choice, World's Finest: Dial H For Hero, isn't likely to find a readership. Shame.)”

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

He's only writing world's finest and shazam currently, wonder if he has something else taking up his time that isn't announced.

World's Finest: JLA seems kind of obvious to me but he seems to really want to do Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    He's only writing world's finest and shazam currently, wonder if he has something else taking up his time that isn't announced.
    He’s doing a three issue arc on Action for the Superstars initiative (not announced officially yet).