Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I still do not understand how not having JL book helps in building up other team books. It is not like any of the JL founders are gone, they are still around and appearing in various books.
    Yeah, but the Titans get to be more of the driving force of event books I guess?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Always preferred a Brave and the Bold type book to the watered down versions of the characters outside of their own books and in JL. Better for the Titans, Justice Society and Suicide Squad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I guess Geoff didn't learn his lesson from the last time he did this exact same thing with this team. At least last time he didn't spend 12 issues just setting that version of the team up. It's also annoying to find out that it's still a 12 issue series. This convinces me that this will end the JSA as a regular book for a long time. Bleh.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 01-31-2024 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I guess Geoff didn't learn his lesson from the last time he did this exact same thing with this team. At least time he didn't spend 12 issues just setting that version of the team up. It's also annoying to find out that it's still a 12 issue series. This convinces me that this will end the JSA as a regular book for a long time. Bleh.
    This was my exact thought. Especially when he can barely focus on the team as is in this current run.

Johns’ current Justice Society book is setting up things that will never happen.

It’s pretty ****ty that he was given a big chunk of the DCU to work with and build up and he couldn’t keep on schedule to save his life and he leaves in the middle of the overarching story.

Cool

IDK. Maybe Venditti will be on board with a relaunched version called Justice Society International or just the Justice Society? Of course what worries me is that when Geoff left the book last time with it's overloaded cast the next creative teams made it even worse before the title ended. I don't have a problem with the Justice Society being large as long as the members have some sort of connection to the team. And if a Legion size roster is going to be in place there needs to be a creative team in place that can handle that. Or you know, they can just relaunch and ignore most of what Geoff is currently setting up. I mean, he's bailing on DC and the JSA and fans are not loving this direction. Maybe just move on after Geoff does the same? Honestly I think it's time to look back at the late 90's/early 2000's JSA for the framework of the current team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I guess Geoff didn't learn his lesson from the last time he did this exact same thing with this team. At least last time he didn't spend 12 issues just setting that version of the team up. It's also annoying to find out that it's still a 12 issue series. This convinces me that this will end the JSA as a regular book for a long time. Bleh.
    While I share some of your frustrations with the delays and respect your opinion on the quality of the book, I have to admit that as a fan of the JSA for 40+ years, Johns' current run on Justice Society of America is a bright spot on at least my reading list. It's all pretty subjective at the end of the day and I'm sorry that this iteration is not your cup of tea.

Extraordinary Member

Katie Kubert is the new editor on Batman per Zdarsky, unclear if this means she'll be the new Batman Group Editor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Katie Kubert is the new editor on Batman per Zdarsky, unclear if this means she'll be the new Batman Group Editor.
    Is she related to THOSE Kuberts?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is she related to THOSE Kuberts?
    Yes, she is.

Katie Kubert is the granddaughter of comic book legend Joe Kubert, and the niece of both Adam Kubert and Andy Kubert.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Yes, she is.
    I didn’t know there was a third Kubert brother (Or sister who kept her last name) to have a daughter to be niece to Adam and Andy.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 01-31-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

She's a grandkid iirc.

But more importantly she was part of the Batbooks when Mike Marts was running things during the Morrison and Snyder era (before Marts went back to Marvel and then went to Aftershock). So hopefully she might do a better job, but it seems like there's definitely some serious bts problems that we aren't aware of given how they are hemorrhaging personnel.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-31-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    While I share some of your frustrations with the delays and respect your opinion on the quality of the book, I have to admit that as a fan of the JSA for 40+ years, Johns' current run on Justice Society of America is a bright spot on at least my reading list. It's all pretty subjective at the end of the day and I'm sorry that this iteration is not your cup of tea.
    Make no mistake the current book is still a must read for me. I usually read it immediately when I'm reading new comics the day it comes out. The massive delays and lack of focus on the team itself is affecting my love for the characters. I like that we finally have a Helena Wayne Huntress back on the team. I had hoped after that first story arc was over that we'd get more team based stories but it just hasn't happened. I still love the JSA and will continue to buy every issue of this current version. My hopes for stories featuring the actual JSA as a team have been erased at this point though. Hopefully there will be another ongoing immediately after this one ends with an A+ creative team.

Extraordinary Member

In this interview N.K. Jemisin says she had plans for more Far Sector stories but presumably due to sales the series wasn't renewed by DC.