Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

I'm still skeptical on how this will differentiate itself from all the other AU stories DC publishes every year but the part about A-list creators was interesting. Is it DC's A-list creators or just high profile creators in general? I don't expect Ed Brubaker to write anything but I could see DC trying to poach Al Ewing for a book. It's kinda funny that DC's "ultimate universe" seems to be more in line with Marvel's old one while Marvel's new one is doing a completely new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I do like the "part of a larger initiative that aims to spotlight DC's entire lineup." part. We'll see how far it will really go. If they give The Creeper a book we'll know they're serious.
    Yeah if they focus on characters like Creeper and the Metal Men or something then I might have to give it a chance. But I highly doubt that's what they're planning. It will be yet another slew of Batman/Superman related titles. Which is a hard pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yeah if they focus on characters like Creeper and the Metal Men or something then I might have to give it a chance. But I highly doubt that's what they're planning. It will be yet another slew of Batman/Superman related titles. Which is a hard pass for me.
    Im hoping for a Question centered project.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-15-2024 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Rich probably just fucked up the semantics. He probably meant that the new Absolute Universe will have some sort of connection to the mainline.
    Hmm sounds like Absolute Power is going to do something similar to Ultimate Invasion insofar as the main universe will be used to kick off a new alternate universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That article is a whole bunch of nothing. Too vague to really get excited about.
    And the Absolute DC naming has been discussed already.

Damn. I was really hoping for this to be a true “Ultimate DC” separate from the Earth 0 continuity. It would have been a good jumping on point for new readers and good cohesion with the start of Gunn’s DCU. Plus I was hoping to get a Superman continuity where he didn’t have an 18-19 year old son.

Though Rich is saying that it’s separate but the same continuity (shrugs)

As others have said the creators having creative freedom and working on titles that have vague continuity is basically Black Label.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-15-2024 at 10:13 AM.

My best guess is that it will be a mix of Black Label and Ultimate Marvel, but with more frequent crossovers with regular DC.

Are people really that confused by it? It seems it will just be similar to Marvel's original Ultimate line with creators having a bit more freedom, but it will all be part of this new universe/line of books that will bleed into each other. Black Label or Elseworlds are more self contained stories over being part of some connected universe. The main DC universe will continue on where the Absolute one isn't replacing it. They are probably just taking the opportunity to relaunch some of the main DC books like in Rebirth probably where they might streamline some things. That is how I read it at least.

I want to be excited by this, but the lack of non-Batman elseworlds or black label comics on the later months, and Snyder behind the project, is making me very suspicious about all of it. If it ends up being an all Batman/Batfam roster of titles I ain't gonna read anything, even if they bring in the heavy hitters.
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-15-2024 at 10:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    If it ends up being an all Batman/Batfam roster of titles I ain't gonna read anything, even they bring in the heavy hitters.
    They don't really need to incorporate Batfam into this, they're already a big focus of the main line.
    This Batman is probably going to be young, while the main one is ''allowed'' to get older.

I wonder if Hawkgirl is next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hmm sounds like Absolute Power is going to do something similar to Ultimate Invasion insofar as the main universe will be used to kick off a new alternate universe.
    There was rumors that Waid's event would be what Snyder's stuff spins off from.

Surprised the junkbags in the QTs don't seem to be whining about too many white dudes this time around.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I want to be excited by this, but the lack of non-Batman elseworlds or black label comics on the later months, and Snyder behind the project, is making me very suspicious about all of it. If it ends up being an all Batman/Batfam roster of titles I ain't gonna read anything, even they bring in the heavy hitters.
    Yeah if this just ends up being a Batman fest, and not give any interesting or underused characters a book, then its a massive waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Hawkgirl is next?

There was rumors that Waid's event would be what Snyder's stuff spins off from.
    Well makes sense that Absolute Power leads to Absolute DC.

I just found on reddit leaks of all the Absolute DC titles!!!! Totally 10000% real and aproved by Scott Snyder!!!

Absolute dc.jpg

P.D.: its a joke
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-16-2024 at 04:00 AM.