Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I liked Fairplay new design, but was not expecting for Quiz Kid to be part of this.
    Now i'm expecting for The Boom to show up soon or later.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian and Steph on a team and Adams writing makes this a potential win for me. I loved Miller Batgirl. The dynamic between Steph and Damian has always been killer and I was starting to worry about Steph since Batgirls ended.

i hope Tim isn't revealed for this series. Steph needs some distance from his character.
    The more characters revealed I don’t think Damian is on the team, this group is to goody goody
    He won’t fit in and I don’t want him ostracized (the friend we hate) role again, while also end up doing the heavy lifting to sell the book

Astonishing Member

I guess if he wasn't there, Adams and Mercer would say it straight away. They both were directly asked about him, and they didn't debunk anything.
    This book won't go past 10 issues without him or some other big name.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 03-24-2024 at 10:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess if he wasn't there, Adams and Mercer would say it straight away. They both were directly asked about him, and they didn't debunk anything.
    This book won't go past 10 issues without him or some other big name.
    I guess if Jon is here he can meditate if friction arises
    But the team seems a bit large 8 people

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I guess if Jon is here he can meditate if friction arises
    But the team seems a bit large 8 people
    The Titans book started with 7 main characters, currently have 8.
    The Justice League usually have 7 to 8 characters too.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, but JL usually has established characters so they don't need as many pages. Titans sometimes feature new, or obscure, characters like this book, but Titans also usually suck so it is not a good example either.

Amazing Member

It does seem like the Supersons might not be "full" members of whatever this team ends up being, they haven't had the same sort of character study posts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, but JL usually has established characters so they don't need as many pages. Titans sometimes feature new, or obscure, characters like this book, but Titans also usually suck so it is not a good example either.

Damian, Jon, and Steph are established characters. And they don't need to focus on every character at once every single issue.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh wow those are some cool inclusions. So thats one golden age sidekick to finally get some play outside of Johns works.

Very curious what this book is going to turn out to be.

Maybe YOUNG JUSTICE SOCIETY?

Nope. Quiz Kid is the only announced member who'd belong there, I'd have expected the rest of that team to be Stargirl, The Boom, Red Arrow, and a few of the Lost Children. I'm pretty sure this is either Teen Titans or Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Flatline is probably going to be the focus of the next arc in Batman & Robin, unless this book launches after that.
    Yara makes sense, since there are Batman and Superman legacies in the team and logically there has to be someone representing Wonder Woman, though, considering that we have Steph there, I guess Cassie is a possibility too.
    Not sure about Red Canary, though. Connor would make more sense, if we take someone from Arrow family.
    Yara isn't a teenager. She's 21. Which stupidly makes her older than Cassie even though Cassie is her predecessor in the Wonder Girl role.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have never expected to see Quiz Kid again in my life, so this is definitely a nice surprise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Titans book started with 7 main characters, currently have 8.
    The Justice League usually have 7 to 8 characters too.
    yeah with headlining characters the world is familar with with some with their own solo books

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nope. Quiz Kid is the only announced member who'd belong there, I'd have expected the rest of that team to be Stargirl, The Boom, Red Arrow, and a few of the Lost Children. I'm pretty sure this is either Teen Titans or Young Justice.

Yara isn't a teenager. She's 21. Which stupidly makes her older than Cassie even though Cassie is her predecessor in the Wonder Girl role.
    its not stupid since cassie never ages

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This make no sense whatsoever.

Nobody should have to support Bat God in the sad pathetic chance Danger Street or Miracle Man gets a mini or one shot. NOBODY.
    Because the justified reply by the public should be "go out of business then."

Nobody at Boom Studios is telling folks you MUST buy Power Rangers to get Something is Killing Children & House of Slaughter.
    Nobody at Image is telling folks you MUST buy every issue of Spawn to get Moon Man, GI Joe, Transformers, Savage Dragon and Killadelphia.
    Nobody at IDW is telling folks you must buy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to get Star Trek Books.
    Nobody at Dynamite is telling folks you must buy Red Sonya to Vampirella or Disney books.

How does buying Batman or Nightwing ASSURE us of a Danger Street being made?
    How does buying Batman or Ivy ASSURE us of JSA and Shazam having books coming out ON time?
    How does buying Batman or Joker ASSURE us of a Cyborg or Steel book NOT written by a college student or Worf?
    How does buying Batman or Birds of Prey ASSURE us of DUKE THOMAS (who is of the Bat family despite the WB) getting a book? It's been 5 years.

They don't. They don't assure a damn thing.

Because try telling a parent whose kid loves say Black Adam that they have to buy Batman books to MAYBE get Black Adam. Guess what that parent is NOT going to do that. They are going to buy something else.
    My school district is NOT going to do that. We stopped buying Batman (and X-books) because NO KID WOULD READ THEM.
    Same with the public library.
    Guess what there are store owners who are TIRED of the saturation of Bat books. Because their bins along with everyone else's are PACKED with unsold Batman books that they can't get rid of even with sales. While gatekeepers will scream about unsold copies of Ms Marvel-she at her WORST will never leave a pile as big as Batman. Tim, Duke, Step, Cass and Batwing at their worst can't either.

These books have to SELL themselves. If management can not figure that out-you get NEW management.
    In the WORST way.
    This.

All of this.

I've closed my wallet so may times with regard to supporting DC despite being a willing customer.

It's the responsibility of DC, that has the external appearance of a profit driven company, to provide me with a product that i'd like to financially support. My browsing their catalogue is an indication that i am interested in making purchases. However i rarely see product worth supporting.
    Don't complain. Create.