Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879
Results 1,171 to 1,174 of 1174

Building up new threats in season 3 is harder than in season 1.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And then Weisman wonders, why his shows are being cancelled.
    Spiderman was due to rights
    YJ was because of toys
    YJ-2 probably cost because it was a top rates show for MAX
    Gargoyles dropped the team and ruined s3

So it isn't about the quality of his shows

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I never really got Weisman's logic here, because taking out Light and Darkseid doesn't mean there are no other villains to take reins after they're gone. There are dozens of them.
    He doesn't believe in definitive finals, okay, that's his opinion (I don't agree with him here, but I respect his point of view). But dragging the same old story and refusing to at least give it some significant development is just one of reasons why YJ lost most of its' viewership and wasn't renewed.
    I think Weisman's too in love with these Machiavellian villains like Xanatos whom you can never truly defeat and always find some way to turn the tables (though Xanatos kind of grew out of it).

It's just the show did not benefit from being such a slow burn as it went along.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    His TV shows got cancelled because of low toy sales, right?
    Here how it goes with most cartoon shows.

Toy sales help deal with the costs of the shows. There are exceptions like Fox's Animation Domination shows and show like Arthur or Netflix's She-ra.
    For everyone else it's toy sales or back in the day the magical number of 65 episodes. 65 episodes allowed you to run an entire series at least TWICE a year. If you aired it 5 times a week.
    Now Gargoyles and Ducktales and Darkwing Duck are among the exceptions.

In the case of Young Justice, Static Shock, 2001 He-Man and Masters of The Universe shows-TOY DEALS were the reason they ended.

NOBODY wanted to do Static toys despite it being the second highest rated cartoon during it's entire run. Only Digimon beat it.

He-Man and YJ it was toys sales and as a toy collector myself I can pretty much tell you why.

A LOT of those figures especially the deluxe figures of Aqualab (MAINLY) were not sold everywhere. I had to DRIVE to another city to get mine.

Always remember as an owner of an IP that relies on SALES-you are FOREVER at the mercy of the bias of a store.

It's why stuff like New Superman, Ms Marvel, Moon Girl and others do better as trades in other venues.