Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

DC Continues their boycott of Gerard Jones and pulls his books (Magneto and the Magnetic Men & JL-X) from the Amalgam Omnibus. I certainly understand the reluctance to print anything with his name on it, but this also impacts the other creators on those two issues. In this instance as he was a co-writer (with Waid) I say just remove his name from the credits and let it ride without him....but is that something they could legally do? Sucks that the gorgeous Jeff Matsuda pages wont get reprinted (from Magneto and the Magnetic Men).
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    DC Continues their boycott of Gerard Jones and pulls his books (Magneto and the Magnetic Men & JL-X) from the Amalgam Omnibus. I certainly understand the reluctance to print anything with his name on it, but this also impacts the other creators on those two issues. In this instance as he was a co-writer (with Waid) I say just remove his name from the credits and let it ride without him....but is that something they could legally do? Sucks that the gorgeous Jeff Matsuda pages wont get reprinted (from Magneto and the Magnetic Men).
    Very much doubt it's something they could legally do and even if they could it's almost certainly not worth the headache, even if his name isn't in the credits someone will notice and there will be at least once press cycle re: DC publishing the work of a convicted pedophile.

Extraordinary Member

So R. Kikuo Johnson has done a few variant covers for DC now which is sort of notable since while he's done a few graphic novels - I'm a fan of No One Else - he hasn't done any superhero work, wonder if this opens the door for him to a prestige type project at DC.

Action Comics 1063 Variant

Poison Ivy 22 Variant

Extraordinary Member

DC vs. Vampires: World War V #1 Cover by Otto Schmidt

Extraordinary Member

Forget which creator said they had pitched a Green Lantern: Black, White & Green series to DC in the past and been told no but IDW/TMNT has beaten them to the punch.

Edit: It was Marz
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-23-2024 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Boohoo. I what vampire king Nightwing back!!

So R. Kikuo Johnson has done a few variant covers for DC now which is sort of notable since while he's done a few graphic novels - I'm a fan of No One Else - he hasn't done any superhero work, wonder if this opens the door for him to a prestige type project at DC.

Action Comics 1063 Variant

Poison Ivy 22 Variant

Oh yeah, this is still a thing.
    Forget which creator said they had pitched a Green Lantern: Black, White & Green series to DC in the past and been told no but IDW/TMNT has beaten them to the punch.

Edit: It was Marz
    Outside the Trinity (and Harley) I'm wondering if there is another franchise that could get the anthology treatment.

(Watch it be the Suicide Squad...)

Incredible Member

Wait they're doing a second part? I really liked the first so I'm in.

Extraordinary Member

While we still haven't heard anything about this from DC since the creators announced it on instagram in 2021 the artist has been posting art on social media:

https://www.facebook.com/mikimontllo...mTMj3z2tD2P3Dl

https://www.facebook.com/mikimontllo...AecLKtfPkkTmcl

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...81328843363736

Ultimate Member

Very much doubt it's something they could legally do and even if they could it's almost certainly not worth the headache, even if his name isn't in the credits someone will notice and there will be at least once press cycle re: DC publishing the work of a convicted pedophile.
    And it would need to be pointed out all the others who still work with folks who have done all sort of mess to not only children but women. Including some guy running for President.

I would rather you put it out and make it clear this is about the other creators having their work printed.

And if that one news cycle wants to bark. DC SHOULD say make you bark about everyone else that has done the same like DISNEY and MGM. Along with every radio station that blasts R Kelly music. Along with Fox News that has painted every educator in the USA as child molesters.

DC is just reprinting books. Some of these other folks are putting money in folks pockets.

While we still haven't heard anything about this from DC since the creators announced it on instagram in 2021 the artist has been posting art on social media:

https://www.facebook.com/mikimontllo...mTMj3z2tD2P3Dl

https://www.facebook.com/mikimontllo...AecLKtfPkkTmcl

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...81328843363736

oh i really love the tiara crown. I don't know why but it add to already oversaturated (??? don't know if that the right word) costume design they been doing since gal-gadot

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    oh i really love the tiara crown. I don't know why but it add to already oversaturated (??? don't know if that the right word) costume design they been doing since gal-gadot
    Those wings on the side of the crown are making it look a bit like Lady Sif to me.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Yeah, I think this move is 100% valid, but it does suck for the other creators and the readers. Not just here, but the really great artists (whatever happened to Ron Randall?) he worked with in those early '90s JLE and Green Lantern comics. It's a pity to not have those reprinted or available digitally at all, in fact. Both GL and JLE lost their way after a while, but they started really well.

Though, actually, are the JLE issues he did with Keith Giffen being included as part of the new JLI omnibuses? You literally can't do Breakdowns without them, and a lot of what was set up in Breakdowns was already established in JLE as well. Besides, they're just great comics that were a nice, more serious alternative to the increasingly goofy JLA.

I don't know, it would be much easier if he could be convinced to give his royalties (I assume he'd get some from reprints?) to the artists and/ or child abuse charities, and DC could just print a disclaimer distancing themselves from his later crimes. It's not completely impossible, as Jones may well want to do something to make some sort of amends/ slightly improve his public persona, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.