Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    OK,yep, no vagueness here: https://www.dc.com/blog/2024/02/15/f...-nightwing-114

Definitely the end for both. Let the post-Taylor speculation begin. Definitely hope it's someone who keeps Dick as a bright character and doesn't go dark with him.
    Maybe Waid will take Nightwing and Action. How many books is he capable of handling? At one point he was writing three - WF, WF: Teen Titans, and Shazam - which could mean he’s also doing an Ultimate DC book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

This is the kind of Robin book I always wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    The solicits have been posted on Bleeding Cool..

World's Finest and Taylor's Nightwing might be ending? In the first case the solicit says it's the "last World's Finest epic". In the latter case it's more just because this new arc does give finale vibes.
    Wow, kind of surprised to see shakeups at both. I felt like you'd have to pry either title from the writers kicking and screaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Crap, I hope Taylor is staying on Nightwing or taking over Tec. Don’t want him trying to make a grab for Action Comics. Although if Waid is wrapping up WF then I expect he’ll be the one taking over Action full time. Waid mentioned having plans for multiple WF arcs post Heir to the Kingdom though.
    After his Jon run I doubt they give Taylor Action.
    Good call. At some point, Williamson has to cut his workload back, doesn't he?
    It wouldn't be the first time. He was on Batman, for...what, 10 issues? Counting Shadow War?
    OK,yep, no vagueness here: https://www.dc.com/blog/2024/02/15/f...-nightwing-114

Definitely the end for both. Let the post-Taylor speculation begin. Definitely hope it's someone who keeps Dick as a bright character and doesn't go dark with him.
    I wonder if they'll break Dick and Babs up.

His Deathstrokie Inc was rather short as well.

Now that I think about it I could honestly see Taylor taking over Green Arrow, he's written him enough times.

Just giving a update, World Finest is not ending. The solicit says latest, not last World’s Finest epic.

"this startling second installment of the latest World’s Finest epic!"

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/16/fu...solicitations/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That clears that up .

Could Priest be a name to take on Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    He doesn't like the character.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    He had some DC pitches in the works but I don’t think he would want the character or that DC would offer it. I still lean towards Waid taking Nightwing, he and Mora would do a very similar Nightwing to Taylor.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

He wanted to write Batman (though, due to his ''vision'' of Damian's origin, lots of fans aren't thrilled about this option), no idea what he thinks about Nightwing.
    Though, it would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He had some DC pitches in the works but I don’t think he would want the character or that DC would offer it. I still lean towards Waid taking Nightwing, he and Mora would do a very similar Nightwing to Taylor.
    It's everything I don't want

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    He wanted to write Batman (though, due to his ''vision'' of Damian's origin, lots of fans aren't thrilled about this option), no idea what he thinks about Nightwing.
    Though, it would be interesting.
    This is what he thinks about Nightwing:

"I find Dick Grayson to be the most boring Wonder Bread boilerplate character ever to pull on spandex."

https://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=606

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This is what he thinks about Nightwing:

"I find Dick Grayson to be the most boring Wonder Bread boilerplate character ever to pull on spandex."

https://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=606
    I should have guessed. I remember he was pissed off when fans were complaining about how he was writing Damian in a pretty negative light, and he was like: ''you want to me to write some boring ass kid''.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I should have guessed. I remember he was pissed off when fans were complaining about how he was writing Damian in a pretty negative light, and he was like: ''you want to me to write some boring ass kid''.
    Everything he wrote about Damian was trash anyways.

Astonishing Member

Waid and Mora on Nightwing would be pretty much a dream team as far as I'm concerned - they feel too "big" for the title, but arguably so did Taylor when he was announced so maybe DC don't think that way any more...

Waid used to say he'd love to do the book, and he was clearly having a ton of fun writing Dick in the World's Finest books... A man can dream!

Eta: And Mora wanted to draw Batgirl more, right?
    Last edited by Claude; 02-16-2024 at 12:52 PM.