Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    In this interview N.K. Jemisin says she had plans for more Far Sector stories but presumably due to sales the series wasn't renewed by DC.
    Idiotic since it had great legs. Yeah it started low, but it basically didn't fall from issue 2 if I remember right. And on Amazon at least it has done great for a new character and anything not Batman or Superman.

Astonishing Member

In this interview N.K. Jemisin says she had plans for more Far Sector stories but presumably due to sales the series wasn't renewed by DC.
    5G stuff was never going to get any traction once Didio got fired.

Ultimate Member

Was that one of the victims of Dan being axed?

And before anyone could do anything-everyone got too busy? NK Jemisin has other projects as does Jamal Campbell.

It might not be sales. It might be availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    5G stuff was never going to get any traction once Didio got fired.
    I don't think this was really 5G. We know what the pitch for 5G Green Lantern was (Lemire explained it) and it wasn't anything like that

It probably had more to do with the Young Animal line ending.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I don't think this was really 5G. We know what the pitch for 5G Green Lantern was (Lemire explained it) and it wasn't anything like that

It probably had more to do with the Young Animal line ending.
    Huh what was the pitch for the 5G Lantern?

Astonishing Member

^Basically the Tangent version from the 90s by James Robinson, but with more horror iirc.

I thought her Green Lantern was suppose to be part of Jon's Justice Alliance while the Lemire one was the Tangent version much like how the Authority developed by Morrison had the Flash from the Tangent U while you had another Flash (the Tim Sheridan Bolt version) with Jon's Justice Alliance. It seems like there was probably a lot of sharing of codenames and such.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-01-2024 at 07:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And before anyone could do anything-everyone got too busy? NK Jemisin has other projects as does Jamal Campbell.

It might not be sales. It might be availability.
    No, the wording is pretty clear that it was DC's decision - see below - whether that's due to sales or change in editorial direction/vision we don't know but I generally assume the decision not to keep publishing a book boils down to DC deciding it's not making them enough money to justify the cost.

Far Sector was one run of what I had intended to be a fairly lengthy comic. I'd always planned more stories in the City Enduring—you don't put all the effort into building a whole world if you're just going to tell one story in it—but that was all dependent on whether Far Sector got renewed and turned into a long-running thing and that did not happen.

According to The Beat Katie Kubert is not the new head editor of the batoffice. She is just filling in.

In a strange anti-news item, The Beat has learned that Katie Kubert is NOT the new Batman Group Editor. Chip Zdarsky mentioned she was editing his Batman book in his newsletter and everyone just RAN with the assumption she was taking over the line, but apparently that’s a fill-in role for the very busy Kubert who is already Group Editor of a whole other line of books. The Batman editorial throne was vacated when Ben Abernathy left the company, and Kubert is just filling in. It’s a shame when folks just assume things.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    IDK. Maybe Venditti will be on board with a relaunched version called Justice Society International or just the Justice Society? Of course what worries me is that when Geoff left the book last time with it's overloaded cast the next creative teams made it even worse before the title ended. I don't have a problem with the Justice Society being large as long as the members have some sort of connection to the team. And if a Legion size roster is going to be in place there needs to be a creative team in place that can handle that. Or you know, they can just relaunch and ignore most of what Geoff is currently setting up. I mean, he's bailing on DC and the JSA and fans are not loving this direction. Maybe just move on after Geoff does the same? Honestly I think it's time to look back at the late 90's/early 2000's JSA for the framework of the current team.
    Never ever did I think I’d say this, but Tim Sheridan’s Alan Scott GL has been so good I think he might be a really good option for JSA.

At least she was finally able to wrap it up in this week's DC Power one-shot. Jo says her farewells and leaves with John Stewart. If they ever did do a Far Sector season 2, it would be easy to slot it in - all we know is that she was in that city for a year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All this build up of Amanda Waller as a Big Bad but does anyone else find it weird that it's been a whole year and we still don't know who the comic version of The Light are?
    According to The Beat Katie Kubert is not the new head editor of the batoffice. She is just filling in.
    I'm wondering if DC is scrambling to find a replacement and who will end up with the job?

The Bat-line could definitely use a new guiding hand.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All this build up of Amanda Waller as a Big Bad but does anyone else find it weird that it's been a whole year and we still don't know who the comic version of The Light are?
    Yes especially weird that they haven't shown anymore of them in Beast World. Honestly expected one of them to be revealed there.

I'm wondering if DC is scrambling to find a replacement and who will end up with the job?

The Bat-line could definitely use a new guiding hand.
    Most likely Kubert is taking over until Dawn of DC finishes (It was said to be a 2-year plan) and the book is relaunched next year with a new editor and maybe a new writer if Zdarsky doesn't continue.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 02-04-2024 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Never ever did I think I’d say this, but Tim Sheridan’s Alan Scott GL has been so good I think he might be a really good option for JSA.
    Yeah I've been enjoying that mini also so I wouldn't mind him taking the JSA reigns after Johns. Or maybe Sheridan and Venditti co-writing it similar to Goyer and Johns on the late 90's/early 2000's JSA title after Robinson left.

Astonishing Member

The Lights is a big mystery box that they can do whatever they want or change for that matter. But I am pretty sure the guy speaking in Dark Crisis is probably intended to be Maxwell Lord given his obsession with Metas.