Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Reminds me of dick getting shot in the head, writer doing huge things like that have ramifications and it’s even worse when it’s out of character it means all the stories are pointless.
    I mean, King's intention was that the Dick's head injury was gonna be healed by Zatanna at the end of the story. Editorial just took advantage of the story to push their own status quo change.

Astonishing Member

Editorial really seems to have decided to mess with King near the end. The death of Alfred for 5G was by Didio. Ric was I guess by Harras (and for his pal Lobdell).

Astonishing Member

Heroes in Crisis as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think the synergy is more likely to happen with the “Ultimate DC” line. It can have some similarities to Gunn’s DCU and it won’t be bogged down with 85 years of continuity.
    I hope so. I really hate synergy 90% of the time, even when I like the movie/TV stuff they're trying to emulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I mean, King's intention was that the Dick's head injury was gonna be healed by Zatanna at the end of the story. Editorial just took advantage of the story to push their own status quo change.
    It's on King I think. It was the same with Johns exposing Dick's identity to the world in Forever Evil. If a big writer does something major to a character they aren't directly writing they should then become that character's main writer over just passing it over to editorial to deal with the ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It's on King I think. It was the same with Johns exposing Dick's identity to the world in Forever Evil. If a big writer does something major to a character they aren't directly writing they should then become that character's main writer over just passing it over to editorial to deal with the ramifications.
    King did have a Nightwing pitch post-injury, it just got rejected by editorial in favour of Ric Grayson.

(In case anybody is curious, his pitch was that Dick would have vertigo and Tim would take over as Nightwing).

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    King did have a Nightwing pitch post-injury, it just got rejected by editorial in favour of Ric Grayson.

(In case anybody is curious, his pitch was that Dick would have vertigo and Tim would take over as Nightwing).
    That was Percy's pitch if I recall the vertigo thing. It even got a solicitation before he left the book I believe and then they went with the Ric thing. I think he suggested the Tim thing, and Tynion was going to write it I think, but King had no interest in actually writing the character post shooting him. His full suggestion was Tim would be Nightwing while Dick had to learn to walk and talk again. So he was passing off fallout for others to deal with. Since King's run he wanted Bruce to be alone and suffer so Dick had to be removed from the picture.

Not one of DC's finer moments.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Nichole Maines talks about Amanda Waller for the upcoming Suicide Squad: Dream Team

"In Issue 2,we go back in and revamp the size of how human she is,and remind everyone this is a woman who has both loved and lost an incredible amount and everything she does comes from this desperation for control and that is something I think everybody can relate to and understand...and remind everyone that Amanda Waller isn't this black & white character"
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-20-2024 at 06:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Heroes in Crisis as well.
    The less said about that mess the better.

I think at this point the character is too far gone and pretty much ruined in her current iteration. The only way they could redeem her and get back to Ostrander era Waller would be to say she’s been a doppelgänger from another earth all this time or she’s been controlled by some other nefarious character.

Screenshot_20240218-205545.jpg
    From Jeremy Adams about GL next week.

Honestly it's a real struggle trying to humanize Waller again at this point. I appreciate the effort, but it feels too little, too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Screenshot_20240218-205545.jpg
    From Jeremy Adams about GL next week.
    I think they've more or less confirmed we're getting a GL event eventually.

You can't pin either Ric Grayson or Alfred's death on King. Even Percy wasn't going to write Ric Grayson or that long and awful storyline. And King intended for Alfred's death to be a fake-out.

I have a friend who was very high up at DC and the day after Alfred died or "died" in King's run, I asked them whether it would stick and they told me DC was changing their minds several times daily until settling on keeping him dead.

Being that King was writing a bi-weekly Batman, that indecision left him almost no time to adjust.

Didio/DC may have made that final decision because of 5g as someone posted above, but that was not why he remained dead. If the 5g reason is true, that happened after the fact.

Astonishing Member

I'm still shocked they didn't bring Alfred back, even though there were a few moments where it seemed like it could have happened.