Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Could always bring him back with the next event, especially if it’s another “Crisis”. Given the teases regarding GL, it sure does seem like this upcoming event will revolve around them, and given it’s the anniversary of Zero Hour we might get a sequel to that. I hope they keep Alfred dead for a while, when characters die it should be at least 5 years before they come back.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-19-2024 at 02:25 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Taylor confirms he has another in-continuity project in the works. My guess is that he is potentially taking over Detective or even the main Batman book (wild guess but I don't think Zdarsky is gonna stay there for long).

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Taylor confirms he has another in-continuity project in the works. My guess is that he is potentially taking over Detective or even the main Batman book (wild guess but I don't think Zdarsky is gonna stay there for long).
    He’s given no indication he’s leaving soon, Taylor moving from Nightwing to Tec wouldn’t be surprising. That’s what I hope he’s doing anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I think it's the main Batman book after this huge event they're planning, Zdarsky will probably be done by that point.

It might just be me, but moving from Nightwing to Detective or Action sounds underwhelming. He is likely getting something bigger.

Taylor couldn't do a good Superman book with Jon Kent, I'm not chomping at the bit to see him get 'Tec or a main hero book.

Nightwing just played to his strengths because I feel like people wanted a fun, small-stakes, Nighting book emphasizing how great Dick is after 'Ric. I'm not sure if that would go over well on a bigger book.

Astonishing Member

To be fair, in terms of writing, it's always seemed like he's actually more comfortable with writing Batman and Bat-Fam, so, I think writing Batman book would be way easier for him, than writing Superman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think it's more likely a Batman shake-up is coming though. V's Tec and Taylor's Nightwing are ending on the same month. Whoever the new headeditor is, they will probably want to impose their own vision for the franchise like Brevoort is doing with X-Men. DC has like three Batman runs running at the same time (Zdarsky, Ram V, Williamson) but all three of them are basically completely disconnected from each other, so maybe they will push for more cohesiveness soon.
    Think the flaw here is that the Group Editor position is still open and we don't know exactly when it will be filled - whatever the post V Tec/Taylor Nightwing stuff will be has likely already been planned given how far ahead they do planning.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    To be fair, in terms of writing, it's always seemed like he's actually more comfortable with writing Batman and Bat-Fam, so, I think writing Batman book would be way easier for him, than writing Superman.
    Which is interesting since his favourite characters are Superman and Lois. And he has said multiple times how he only got to write evil Superman and kill/dead Lois at the start of his DC career was sad for him.

Heads up, but it's Nicole, not Nichola.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It might just be me, but moving from Nightwing to Detective or Action sounds underwhelming. He is likely getting something bigger.
    If DC doesn’t give JL to Waid, King, or Priest, I’d be very happy to see Taylor get that gig.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    If DC doesn’t give JL to Waid, King, or Priest, I’d be very happy to see Taylor get that gig.
    Praying for King, probably the only decent WW written for JL out of these.

Extraordinary Member

Was Green Lantern: War Journal always an ongoing? For some reason I thought it was a six issue mini but it was just referred to as a new "series" in the original announcement.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Was Green Lantern: War Journal always an ongoing? For some reason I thought it was a six issue mini but it was just referred to as a new "series" in the original announcement.
    Yes I believe so. I think it was just people assumed it was a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    PKJ has said he will only be on for 12 issues, after whatever the upcoming GL event is he’s said he’s done. He doesn’t know if DC plans to get a replacement for him or not, maybe they are planning to continue it because of the Lanterns show.