Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Definitely seems like it's some retro team book.

Astonishing Member

Whatever it is..it is cute.

Extraordinary Member

Trina Robbins passed away today

Incredible Member

Any guesses whether the new Free Comic Book Day issue that will start an event sure to "change everything!!" will be worth picking up?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Trina Robbins passed away today
    RIP to another old school legend

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Any guesses whether the new Free Comic Book Day issue that will start an event sure to "change everything!!" will be worth picking up?
    I'll guess 'no'.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

My hope is DC does the "New Golden Age" & Wildstorm with respect & dignity as I hope for a Stormwatch/Authority & a Young Justice Society books. I have a soft spot for the Justice Society especially volume 3 & all of Wildstorm especially Planetary & Top Ten.
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 04-11-2024 at 07:51 AM.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Well presumably it will be a prelude to Absolute Power so depends on if you've found the details on that appealing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueWhistler View Post
    Those look really nice, though it's too bad there's no Ted Kord cover for Blue Beetle.
    Probably because he didn't have a book when these were drawn? Flash is Barry, so these designs are pre-Crisis. Wasn't Blue Beetle an alternate universe character like Shazam at the time, and therefore not getting much play?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably because he didn't have a book when these were drawn? Flash is Barry, so these designs are pre-Crisis. Wasn't Blue Beetle an alternate universe character like Shazam at the time, and therefore not getting much play?
    I don't think Captain Marvel would have had a book at that point either, but this style guide might actually be older than DC's purchase of the Charlton heroes. Blue Beetle was supposedly a candidate for the Super Powers action figure line that used a lot of this artwork, though.

Astonishing Member

Apparently, Bleeding Cool will post some info about Ultimate DC today.

Astonishing Member

Scott Snyder's Ultimate Line For DC Is To Be Called Absolute Comics
    Bleeding Cool understands, however, rather than some single central creator-focused line, or something with a major editorial driver such as Dan DiDio's New 52 or Geoff Johns' DC Rebirth, this is intended to be more of a hands-off affair on Snyder's part, with the creators being given more of a carte blanche to achieve results, closer to the All-Star line, with major A-list creators on board. Also rather than something separated from the main line like All-Star, the Ultimate Universe, or even Jim Shooter's New Universe back in the day, this will be something published in conjunction with the main line, part of a larger initiative that aims to spotlight DC's entire lineup. But there will not be a reboot or even a relaunch of the main line, that will remain intactand continuity (along with many creative teams) will continue on. Because the other name I have heard, of which Absolute Comics is a part, is DC All-In, the broader initiative Snyder and other creators have been working on. Make of that what you will. This is most definitely being seen as an attempt to do New 52 right, alongside a DC Rebirth with a more holistic approach. That the team on DC All-In are aiming to give fans something bold while leaving alone what's already working.
    Can't say I get how it's gonna work.

…yeah that’s utterly confusing lol. Is it Snyder and company doing revamps of the big DC heroes (Superman, Batman, etc) or are they working on Earth 0 lesser known heroes? Other than the name there’s no real info here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like it's meant to be an in continuity version of All Star or Black Label, big names doing prestige type works that "matter".
    Last edited by Hypo; 04-15-2024 at 07:35 AM.

Lookin forward to the plethora of titles of Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Batman/Joker, Joker/Batman, Batman/Harley Quinn, Harley Quinn/Batman, Joker/Harley Quinn, and Harley Quinn/Joker.