Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

I listen "Ultimate DC" and all I can think about is DC remaking Batman moments, but now it's "Ultimate."

Mighty Member

Remember, James Gunn said that he'll use comics, video games, and TV to tell his massive story. Not sure if this new Ultimate line is linked to James Gunn's DCU. It could be it's separate thing.

Wolfman is doing a one shot for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Remember, James Gunn said that he'll use comics, video games, and TV to tell his massive story. Not sure if this new Ultimate line is linked to James Gunn's DCU. It could be it's separate thing.
    Scott Snyder would not be coming back to DC to do a bunch of comic book tie-ins to Gunn’s DCU. That’s the kind of thing you hand to C-Listers who are tasked to fill in the gaps between movies.
    He’s doing his own thing, whatever it is he’s up to.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 03-03-2024 at 09:11 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's likely for one of those anniversary specials DC puts out. This year is the 60th anniversary of Teen Titans and the 40th anniversary of Nightwing..

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Scott Snyder would not be coming back to DC to do a bunch of comic book tie-ins to Gunn’s DCU. That’s the kind of thing you hand to C-Listers who are tasked to fill in the gaps between movies.
    He’s doing his own thing, whatever it is he’s up to.
    Yeah, Snyder was the guy who went against his boss and caused him being fired. No way he would return happily to do a project where he isn't the top guy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

We now have the release months for the Elseworlds

I bet most of these still don’t make it, I know that Clay Mann Batman series is going to get pushed to 2025.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    It's likely for one of those anniversary specials DC puts out. This year is the 60th anniversary of Teen Titans and the 40th anniversary of Nightwing..
    It'll be for Titans, yeah. Taylor's probably involved too as the current writer, hence their being in touch with each other.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I bet most of these still don’t make it, I know that Clay Mann Batman series is going to get pushed to 2025.
    I haven't followed it much, did we know the Kryptonian Age was a Justice League story?

This worries me a little that DC is going to try for a sequel to The New Frontier. Please. NO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    This worries me a little that DC is going to try for a sequel to The New Frontier. Please. NO.
    Yeah, let's hope not. New Frontier is one of my all-time favorite DC stories, but doing a sequel when Cooke is no longer with us feels wrong.

Love the art, though.

The fact that 4 of this 6 projects are Batman related... I'm sorry for all the batfans here, but I'm really growing tired of this. Hope you guys have fun reading them, tho.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    IIRC Darwyn Cooke actually did have an idea for a New Frontier Sequel covering the late 60s/early 70s (like how New Frontier was a sequel to Robinson's Golden Age that covered the 50s) that would have covered the Vietnam War and the Watergate era using characters like Hawk & Dove and I think Metamorpho and Doom Patrol. But iirc he actually wanted Grant Morrison to write it.

I doubt current day DC has the capability of doing something introspective like that.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-04-2024 at 10:45 AM.