Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Just so you know, I am working on followups, and having to be very careful with souirces, but I know that several examples you gave of takes and creators are not true.
    Rich, do you know if reddead leaks are truer then?

Making Superman black, LGBTQ, or cold and “alien” has all been done. None of that sounds like a fresh new take.

I’m honestly just hoping for something along the lines of My Adventures with Superman. A modern retelling of the classic story.

Feels like I'm out of touch with DC and fandom in general. Not much interests me in current DC's output and all the "leaks" about Absolute DC sound bad to me as well. Oh well, thank god for reprints.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, what's the point of a Superman without humanity? Having to learn it? It just feels off.

Honestly I'd rather give Absolute Flash to Barry, especially since Barry is in the Absolute Power event.
    I think it's just him looking more monstrous.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    * Absolute Batman by Scott Snyder: Batman as an average guy with no money
    How is this different than current DC? Isn't he still broke currently?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Technically he is, but nobody cares. I suspect at this point they just don't know how to get fortune back to Bruce.
    Quite frankly, I still don't get what was the point of taking away his fortune. It's an interesting idea, but it doesn't seem like any creative had even a slightest interest in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    More believable but oh Lord if Snyder is seriously coming back for another Batman series that is the most boring possible choice ever.
    I have a feeling that it's gonna be opposite - Snyder will get Absolute Superman, and Aaron will get Absolute Batman.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-21-2024 at 07:07 AM.

Aaron writing that early days Batman story would be real weird if the plan is for him to write absolute Batman.

Extraordinary Member

When was the last time 4chan leaks were right?

Astonishing Member

I don't remember a single time they were right, to be honest. Well, in case with comics.

BANNED

Yeah, what's the point of a Superman without humanity? Having to learn it? It just feels off.

Honestly I'd rather give Absolute Flash to Barry, especially since Barry is in the Absolute Power event.
    I'd 100% prefer a Barry series, but that's because he's my favorite DC character, and that way we'll have titles for both Barry AND Wally, even if it's an alternate Barry.

The Ultimate Flash book being about Wally is something that the @Hol brought up about two months ago.
    And Jeff Lemire has two pics of some old Flash books on his IG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    So, a friend of mine is very close to some writers at DC. He told me something interesting. I do not know if it is 100% true or if all of it is true BUT he said that there will be an alternate style universe springing out of the summer event. It will not be called Ultimate DC but will be a new separate universe with about 5 monthly books first launching. It won't be a modern take on the characters like the original ultimate universe was but this will be more of a different take on these characters. He said Jeff Lemire will be writing a Wally West Flash book and giving him a new origin. I hope this is true. I love Lemires work. Can't imagine having two Wally West Flash books but then again I never thought we would get even one ever again. So fingers crossed!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6725661
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Wow, alright, I guess we should take that 4Chan rumor more seriously, unless a poster who made it up read this info here.
    If it's true, it seems like DC completely embraced Wally as their main Flash and don't really have much interest in Barry anymore.

I guess after his movie bombed phasing Barry out is a legitimate option.

Astonishing Member

The fact, that it was an adaptation of arguably his main story arc from comics doesn't really help.

BANNED

Yeah, that's the bummer of it. And I love Wally. I love all of the Flashes, almost equally. But it sucks to have one movie bombing cause DC to abandon a classic character (especially when that character had a pretty popular TV series in the recent past). Im not against Wally getting the next movie or the main comic, either, but I want Barry to still get some love and attention, not just be shoved aside for corporate synergy. Especially since we all know that it isn't the Barry Allen character that caused the movie to bomb.