Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677
Results 1,141 to 1,149 of 1149
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Listened to Mark Waid's interview in WordBalloon. Half of it is him bashing Roy Thomas for pushing to be credited as the co-creator of Wolverine despite him being the editor (lol).

In the other half he says he left Shazam because he knew Dan Mora was gonna leave to do Absolute Power and he didn't want to be known as the guy who got the book cancelled at #12 without Mora. It kinda sounded like he regretted it.

About Absolute Power (and this is the wild part): he says the pitch came from editorial and says that Zdarsky "had been tinkering with it" and at different points Snyder, King and Taylor had taken shots at doing it but "couldn't wrestle it to the ground". On a more positive side, he says Mora's art rivals George Perez's.
    Heh, vindication for my theory that Zdarsky was possibly writing this event months before Waid was officially announced lol. Editorial being the ones who cam eup with the event is interesting, but not too shocking. I don't have high hopes for absolute power, but I do appreciate DC finally made a big summer event only 4 issues. Shouldn't take long for us to be done with this storyline and move onto what's next with DC all in and absolute comics.

He is outright drawing panels of this project, so it is something. Most likely, it's some sort of tie-in project.
    I wonder what project type of tie in project would require these older character designs and not more modern looks..

Astonishing Member

About Absolute Power (and this is the wild part): he says the pitch came from editorial and says that Zdarsky "had been tinkering with it" and at different points Snyder, King and Taylor had taken shots at doing it but "couldn't wrestle it to the ground". On a more positive side, he says Mora's art rivals George Perez's.
    Not surprising at all, this thing had editorially mandated event written all over it.

edit: For example the Light and Waller stuff in the end of Dark Crisis was in retrospect probably inserted there by editorial.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; Yesterday at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Not surprising at all, this thing had editorially mandated event written all over it.

edit: For example the Light and Waller stuff in the end of Dark Crisis was in retrospect probably inserted there by editorial.
    That the whole event was based on an editorial plotline isn't surprising. Waller was very likely chosen due to the Max show coming out. The Waller stuff on Beast World was likely mandated as well (Taylor's pitch likely only had Dr. Hate as the bad guy).

What is surprising is that seemingly 4 other top DC writers were approached to do the project and all of them left because they couldn't make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wonder if this is the same as that jeremy adams project that kept being teased, only to find out DC doesn't actually have plans for that book and the creative team were trying to drum up interest for the book on social media to get DC to green light it..
    Was it the one with Stephanie and bunch of kids?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Issue 2 of something not published by DC? Apparently editorial are completely oblivious!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jaco...left-is-doing/
    Could it be a Webtoon thing? I know they still have editors, but it wouldn't be a book (at first).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So he thinks Josie Campbell (who was Mary Marvel's main writer since before Waid's run started) will only last three issues? What a display of no confidence!
    Or that he thinks Mora's art was one of the main appeals of the book.

That the whole event was based on an editorial plotline isn't surprising. Waller was very likely chosen due to the Max show coming out. The Waller stuff on Beast World was likely mandated as well (Taylor's pitch likely only had Dr. Hate as the bad guy).

What is surprising is that seemingly 4 other top DC writers were approached to do the project and all of them left because they couldn't make it work.
    I’m shocked I tell you, that the Waller plot that has brought down the whole line was editorially mandated. DC doing what they do and shooting themselves in the foot.

All the other writers saying that they couldn’t make it work is just hilarious.

Feels like every month all I hear is people complaining about or bored of Waller.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    All the other writers saying that they couldn’t make it work is just hilarious.
    Well, either that or DC just didn't like where they were taking the story. Probably a bit of both.