Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Either that or Young Justice, but Teen Titans has just gotten the movie and their brand is bigger.
    This line-up looks really fun, but it's really weird to see Steph here, though, I'm not complaining.
    She could be the eldest one of the group.

Weird age-down in Batgirls aside, I think she's the oldest of all the confirmed characters here.

Amazing Member

I'm so glad Steph seems to be included in a team book. She needs more love. And her and Damian had amazing Batgirl/Robin interactions, so I would love to see that more.
    Jai I really grew to like after issue five of Spurrier's run. Seems like he didnt want to be so much of a cape, so interested to see him suited up here.
    Jon I'm excited to see him interact with these younger characters too, and Irey I really don't have much of an opinion on.
    Can't wait to see what other characters will be involved. Of course I'd love Blue Beetle but I'm biased towards him.

It’s about time they launched a new teen book, but I’m not too thrilled about the choices so far other than Steph.
    People love Adams’ Flash run, but only Spurrier made me actually care about the characters. I don’t want this to spoil what he’s doing and it feels like adding Jai is already contradicting a plot from the Flash book. Plus, they get enough attention in Flash, so I’d rather have characters who don’t have a regular book already.
    Having two Bats and two Flashes is also a bit boring to me.
    If they’re going the “sons of heroes and villains” route, I hope they add Jackson (as Aqualad), Emiko Queen and Lyta (Circe’s forgotten daughter).

I wonder if it's a sign that Titans is selling well enough that DC feels they can do a teen hero book or confidence in Adams?

Amazing Member

The specific titles have varied, but there has pretty consistently been more one than "young hero" team book being published at any given time, from the launch of Young Justice up until Infinite Frontier. Even putting the JLA aside, it feels like there are abnormally few team books in Dawn of DC. It doesn't help that most of the ones there are have been minis, or terminally late like JSA.

https://twitter.com/TravisMercer15/s..._yq3ykahA&s=19
    Ok now ANIMAL GIRL.. It is really that proposed team Adam told once that was not approved. And DC really change their minds.
    Last edited by Dougbauer; 03-22-2024 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    https://twitter.com/TravisMercer15/s..._yq3ykahA&s=19
    Ok now ANIMAL GIRL.. It is really that proposed team Adam told once that was not approved. And DC really change their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think Maxine is a safe bet since she was in Adams plans for the team of teen heroes that had before.
    As soon as the West Twins were shown, I knew Maxine would be there too. This looks like a spin-off of the Super Sons, since every character is a child of a superhero.

Mister Terrific's son, whom Adams brought back to life, is also a safe bet to appear here. And he fits the criteria so far.
    Last edited by Drako; 03-22-2024 at 05:48 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Not for me. Going to pass on this book. Not interested in two Bat characters and two Flashes. Plus the other members (Jon and Maxine) don’t interest me either
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    As soon as the West Twins were shown, I knew Maxine would be there too. This looks like a spin-off of the Super Sons, since every character is a child of a superhero.

Mister Terrific's son, whom Adams brought back to life, is also a safe bet to appear here. And he fits the criteria so far.
    Hopping they allow Adams to bring Robert and Ceridan too.

Nah, these two open a can of worms for other characters that Adams doesn't have control over and makes them look bad if the Titans book doesn't address them. Donna and Garth need to establish other things before having kids again.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Not for me. Going to pass on this book. Not interested in two Bat characters and two Flashes. Plus the other members (Jon and Maxine) don’t interest me either
    Yeah I dunno how I feel about this. It's cool that we're getting a next generation of Teen Titans/Young Justice, but the fact that it's entirely superhero nepo babies is becoming too much.

Also I kinda don't love Jai back as Surge. His recently deciding he didn't want to follow in Wally's superhero footsteps felt like a breath of fresh air and finally gave him something unique. I'd love to see him featured in a "guy in the chair" support role, but throwing him back in the supersuit feels cheap

Seems odd to get up in arms over a young heroes team being composed of younger counterparts of older characters. Like do people think Kid Flash, Robin, and Aqua Boy were all created out of thin air in that Brave and the Bold issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seems odd to get up in arms over a young heroes team being composed of younger counterparts of older characters. Like do people think Kid Flash, Robin, and Aqua Boy were all created out of thin air in that Brave and the Bold issue?
    I’m just not interested in yet another generation of the JL… what is this like Gen 5 or 6 now? You have JSA, JLA, Titans, Young Justice, Teen Titans/5G and now this team… in another 10 years we’ll have another crop of Aqua/Flash/Bat/Wonder/Super characters. Not my thing and it doesn’t interest me
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I’d really hate that. Donna and Tempest are not in a good place to deal with young kids. They have just started getting any real focus in ages. It was dumb to bring them back in the manner Adams did, without consulting the creators actually writing Donna and Garth.
    I feel very similarly about Terrific’s kid. Just out of nowhere we have yet another derivative sidekick for a character who barely gets the attention he deserves. And this while Johns was also planning on introducing a time displaced Mister Terrific sidekick, so it was all around bad planning and coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I’m just not interested in yet another generation of the JL… what is this like Gen 5 or 6 now? You have JSA, JLA, Titans, Young Justice, Teen Titans/5G and now this team… in another 10 years we’ll have another crop of Aqua/Flash/Bat/Wonder/Super characters. Not my thing and it doesn’t interest me
    I feel the same way. It’s like each potential team member is less exciting than the next.