Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I honestly consider Poison Ivy in the same league as Lois Lane. Both of them are famous because of their much more popular love interest.

I don't think there are that many genuine Poison Ivy fans out there, just people who like her as a supporting character to Harley.
    She’s been the best selling solo female of dc for two years now, her sales have been near Nightwings for most of her run making also one of the best selling solo books in dc period. Harley books have lost steam a long time ago

Oh, a sequel series?
    I honestly consider Poison Ivy in the same league as Lois Lane. Both of them are famous because of their much more popular love interest.

I don't think there are that many genuine Poison Ivy fans out there, just people who like her as a supporting character to Harley.
    Ivy was popular way before she got paired with Harley.

I think them Ivy fans are starting getting vocal to show Poison Ivy is her own character and not just Harley GF

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm aware of the rules but considering people often tend to bring up fan feedback from other platforms, I don't really think that was the problem. Your issue seemed to be with what specific contingent I chose to bring up. Either way I'm intrigued by this project and I will concede it's pointless to waste energy on people that don't deserve the acknowledgment.
    Nope. My issue was you bringing negativity to a thread where none had existed.

Extraordinary Member

Hard disagree - her solo series is a handful of months away from hitting 25 issues, in the modern day that is eons of a new ongoing. Doesn't happen if people are only interested in her as a supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Hard disagree - her solo series is a handful of months away from hitting 25 issues, in the modern day that is eons of a new ongoing. Doesn't happen if people are only interested in her as a supporting character.
    And it's the first time she's ever had a solo! She's only had one-shots or mini's before.

Ultimate Member

Ivy was popular before Harley every showed up.

The issue with her (and MANY others) is getting shots in general let alone shots that don't derail someone else or move her into she's a viewed as a threat to someone else as other franchises have shown.

And as we see yet AGAIN with her (among others) give them a shot in the hands of the right writer-you get order numbers that are more than just stores over ordering because of who is on the cover versus folks actually READING the book.

If she is a top 10 DC book-best believe she EARNED it. Same with Nightwing-you saw the difference between a book ordered out of habit under Lodbell versus a book being read under Taylor (and some others).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Plus PI was originally listed as a miniseries but they extended it cause it got so much so acclaim.

So it went from being a 6 issue mini, to a 25 issue ongoing. Thats no mean feat.

Solicits should drop this wednesday. Wondering if there'll be any number 1s at all besides the Absolute Power event...

Also, let's see what happens with Absolute Power. Praying for the mandatory suposedly leaked Wonder Woman tie-ins to not be written by Josie Campbell.

Didn't leaks claim that Waid will be writing all of the tie-ins as well?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Solicits should drop this wednesday. Wondering if there'll be any number 1s at all besides the Absolute Power event...

Also, let's see what happens with Absolute Power. Praying for the mandatory suposedly leaked Wonder Woman tie-ins to not be written by Josie Campbell.
    DC solicits usually release on Fridays. Based off recent history, it should be this Friday, since it's the 3rd Friday of the month.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Freakin' finally! I was hoping there would be more, as it didn't exactly conclude with the 12th issue.
    I'm guessing a trilogy? The description says this is a whole new cast, and a different instigator (for lack of a better, non-spoliery term) at a different location. Wondering if it ends with the Lake cast somehow connecting with the Sea cast, and that leads to the final chapter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Didn't leaks claim that Waid will be writing all of the tie-ins as well?
    They did claim that.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Am I the only one who is interested in the Villains from Dawn? I don't like the direction they are taking Waller but the new villains look fun. referring to this
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Am I the only one who is interested in the Villains from Dawn? I don't like the direction they are taking Waller but the new villains look fun. referring to this
    There are some good ones there.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-17-2024 at 05:59 AM.