Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Crap, I hope Taylor is staying on Nightwing or taking over Tec. Don’t want him trying to make a grab for Action Comics. Although if Waid is wrapping up WF then I expect he’ll be the one taking over Action full time. Waid mentioned having plans for multiple WF arcs post Heir to the Kingdom though.
    Granted, I think World's Finest might just be strange wording (ending it on a batmite arc would be strange) and, who knows, Taylor might continue on Nightwing beyond Heartless.

Action Comics is gonna be Superstars all year-long though, right? Assuming all arcs are three-issues long, there are two writers left this year. Safe to assume one of them it's Waid. The other one who knows, there are many options (King, Taylor, Zdarsky, even Ram V or Snyder).
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 02-16-2024 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Granted, I think World's Finest might just be strange wording (ending it on a batmite arc would be strange) and, who knows, Taylor might continue on Nightwing beyond Heartless.

Action Comics is gonna be Superstars all year-long though, right? Assuming all arcs are three-issues long, there are two writers left this year. Safe to assume one of them it's Waid. The other one who knows, there are many options (King, Taylor, Zdarsky, even Ram V or Snyder).
    Waid is indeed writing the arc after Williamson, Clayton Henry is drawing it, but I’m talking about him taking over Action for a proper run in 2025. I could see Waid and PKJ swapping books, PKJ keeps saying he’s writing something with Superman in it, but it’s not JL. World’s Finest would fit the bill, and Waid in turn gets Action. Hopefully Taylor is taking over from Ram V who is off Tec with 1089.

Snyder actually ruled out returning to DC to do little things like that. He said he’d only come back to do something big, a collaborative venture where he would get to work with other creators, which is his rumored Ultimate DC line I wager.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-16-2024 at 02:06 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I'd be very disappointed to see Taylor off Nightwing and Waid off World's Finest. But, read another way, Taylor coming off Nightwing at the same time Waid was clearing his plate to make room for another project... That would be an acceptable compromise.

Astonishing Member

If Taylor is ending his Nightwing run, then he's probably jumping to something bigger, I guess it's either Justice League or Batman.
    I could see Waid and PKJ swapping books, PKJ keeps saying he’s writing something with Superman in it, but it’s not JL. World’s Finest would fit the bill, and Waid in turn gets Action.
    It makes sense + PKJ said, that he wanted to write Batman as well.

Okay yeah, Taylor's Nightwing is definitely ending. I wonder who will take over next.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If Taylor is ending his Nightwing run, then he's probably jumping to something bigger, I guess it's either Justice League or Batman.

It makes sense + PKJ said, that he wanted to write Batman as well.
    He's already on Titans, so surely if it was JL he'd be leaving that, not Nightwing. Detective Comics is possible. Unlike Batman, we know Tec's current writer is leaving shortly.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Could just be reading too much into the Nightwing solicit. It references the end of the Taylor/Redondo run, but that could just mean the two of them together. Taylor may still be there afterwards.

Also, I know Green Arrow went from mini to ongoing, but that solicit for #12 kinda has the Marvel-vibe of "It's the last issue, but we're not SAYING it's the last issue".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Could just be reading too much into the Nightwing solicit. It references the end of the Taylor/Redondo run, but that could just mean the two of them together. Taylor may still be there afterwards.

Also, I know Green Arrow went from mini to ongoing, but that solicit for #12 kinda has the Marvel-vibe of "It's the last issue, but we're not SAYING it's the last issue".
    But the Green Arrow solicitation also says “now an ongoing series”

I wouldn't be surprised if #13 has different creative team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But the Green Arrow solicitation also says “now an ongoing series”
    Yup, totally missed the big, brightly colored word bubble staring me in the face. Ha!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if #13 has different creative team.
    Good call. At some point, Williamson has to cut his workload back, doesn't he?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Okay yeah, Taylor's Nightwing is definitely ending. I wonder who will take over next.
    Hopefully somone with the power to protect Nightwing, at all levels I pray.

Redondo says “our” final arc in that tweet Leancarp linked. Looks like it’s both of them who are stepping off. DC appears to be doing another big shake up on the books, I expect only Williamson Superman, Zdarsky Batman, and King Wonder Woman will continue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

OK,yep, no vagueness here: https://www.dc.com/blog/2024/02/15/f...-nightwing-114

Definitely the end for both. Let the post-Taylor speculation begin. Definitely hope it's someone who keeps Dick as a bright character and doesn't go dark with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's already on Titans, so surely if it was JL he'd be leaving that, not Nightwing. Detective Comics is possible. Unlike Batman, we know Tec's current writer is leaving shortly.
    I'm sure Zdarsky will finish Batman run at the end of 2024.
    Zur storyline is apparently being tied up to Waller global story arc. So, I'm betting Zur and Waller will be antagonists of inevitable event they're probably planning for this year, and that's when Zdarsky will be done with Batman.