Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Hasn't it already been announced?
    Yeah, it was announced last September (?), right after the writer's strike ended. No release date, just that they were starting up on it.

I correct myself then: I wish they announce the release date of season two soon.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

DC Comics has revealed a new DC Black Label series, Zatanna: Bring Down the House, which will launch June 25th. Written by Mariko Tamaki (Detective Comics, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, Crush and Lobo) and drawn by artist Javier Rodríguez (Batman: The Brave and The Bold, The Dreaming: Waking Hours, Tales of the Titans), the creative team will take Zatanna on an all-new adventure in Sin City.

I'm really looking forward to this .

Astonishing Member

I'm proud to be always right.

Gtg.

I’m gonna be going to a lot of conventions starting in the summer because I have a lot that I’m announcing. A lot of books that I’m going out there to support. It’ll be very noisy. I can’t say everything I’m working on yet, but I know there's rumors out there. Some are right, some are wrong. So I'm not going to say what's what. But yes, I'll be very present come summer into fall, into winter, into spring. So you also get to skip the line at conventions. You have a period of time before I do a signing at every convention where it's just for paid subscribers.
    We need to be taking all kinds of swings all over the place with creators that are passionate about what they're doing and bringing things to the table that is them operating at the top of their game, whether that's doing a really radically new concept or diving back into a world they know well and slowly building something amazing. It's just that. So I'm really excited. I think that it's a great period for superhero comics. Indie comics have been flowering for a long time and are doing awesome. But just as a side note, I think superhero comics are about to have a great moment or are actively having a great moment, and it's only going to get better. Okay, bye!
    https://bestjackettpress.substack.co...-action-packed

Boy Scott Snyder sure does talk about Ultimate Marvel a lot in there :^)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not particularly subtle .

Details about DC Pride 2024, including a story from Al Ewing (!)

-In DC Pride 2024, DC will host an unmissable autobiographical story written by industry legend Phil Jimenez about the fantastical worlds that shaped him, brought to life by Giulio Macaione. This heartwarming story is a can’t-miss highlight, plus

-Dreamer makes a first-time pilgrimage to her ancestral planet, Naltor, in a story by Nicole Maines and Jordan Gibson;

-Poison Ivy and Janet from HR go spore-hunting on Portworld in a story by Gretchen Felker-Martin and Claire Roe;

-Superman (Jon Kent) gets Jay, Bunker, and the Ray together for a boys’ night out in A-Town in a story by Jarrett Williams and D.J. Kirkland;

-Steel (Natasha Irons) works up the courage to face Traci 13 at the Oblivion Bar’s Pride party for the first time since they broke up in a story by Jamila Rowser and ONeillJones;

-Aquaman (Jackson Hyde) catches an unexpected ride to the Fourth World just in time for their annual Love Festival in a story by Ngozi Ukazu;

-Circuit Breaker’s unstable powers fritz him into the Phantom Zone in a story by Calvin Kasulke and Len Gogou;

-plus a Blue Starman story written by Al Ewing
    DC Pride: A Celebration of Rachel Pollack is also announced, and it will hit shelves on June 6. This 96-page one-shot comic book reprints the debut of the iconic Coagula, DC’s first transgender Super Hero, from Doom Patrol #70, penciled by Scot Eaton, along with the long-unavailable one-shot Vertigo Visions: The Geek (with superstar artist Michael Allred)!

And in a final, original short story, Rachel’s most beloved creation, Kate Godwin, a.k.a. Coagula, returns to the spotlight in a tale of triumph over death itself written by Joe Corallo, Rachel’s longtime friend and collaborator, and drawn by Rye Hickman!
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 03-13-2024 at 11:07 AM.

Is this first ever DC Al Ewing story?

Janet from HR still being a thing with Ivy is kind of funny.

Kind of surprised them dredging up an off-screen breakup for Traci and Natasha. I always preferred her with Jaime anyways.

Ray Terril is actually important again? And Bunker? They'll make Jay come off even more bland. Can we get an appearance from that Ash guy from Lazarus Planet?

They're still calling Jackson Aquaman, huh? But hey, Ngozi Ukazu!

Oh, they remember Circuit Breaker.

Nice Rachel Pollack tribute.

Lot of writers suddenly popping up at DC. Layman’s back, Fialkov, now Ewing. Scott Snyder’s initiative perhaps? Or DC has gotten better at rebuilding bridges since Didio left.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lot of writers suddenly popping up at DC. Layman’s back, Fialkov, now Ewing. Scott Snyder’s initiative perhaps? Or DC has gotten better at rebuilding bridges since Didio left.
    I'm not ready to say Ewing is jumping ship yet because he's still got Immortal Thor but he also just wrapped up his X-Men tenure and doesn't seem to have anything else in the wings.

I'm half-expecting Gerry Duggan to turn up at any moment.

Astonishing Member

If they get Ewing, it's gonna be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not ready to say Ewing is jumping ship yet because he's still got Immortal Thor but he also just wrapped up his X-Men tenure and doesn't seem to have anything else in the wings.

I'm half-expecting Gerry Duggan to turn up at any moment.
    PKJ is working for both on ongoings. Perhaps Ewing is finally doing the same. Maybe his Avengers book flopping caused him to decide he needed to shake things up for himself.

Traci 13 is LGBT? I didn't know that.
    But the little i know from around that time that she was Jaime's girlfriend.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Traci 13 is LGBT? I didn't know that.
    But the little i know from around that time that she was Jaime's girlfriend.
    They made her gay in either the New 52 or Rebirth, can’t remember which.