Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1176

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I think it's just him looking more monstrous.
    For what it’s worth, DC originally marketed New 52 Superman as being “more alien”. I could see it being more of a take where Clark identifies as a Kryptonian like his Pre-Crisis take and doesn’t put much value in his human upbringing. Maybe they won’t even have him be raised by the Kents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Wow, alright, I guess we should take that 4Chan rumor more seriously, unless a poster who made it up read this info here.
    If it's true, it seems like DC completely embraced Wally as their main Flash and don't really have much interest in Barry anymore.
    Spurrier’s Flash run seems to be a sales flop so maybe the plan is to do a new Absolute Flash book starring Wally while the “main” Flash book stars Barry.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Spurrier’s Flash run seems to be a sales flop so maybe the plan is to do a new Absolute Flash book starring Wally while the “main” Flash book stars Barry.
    I wonder how different things would've been had they relaunched with Wally rather than keep the book going when the transition happened.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Feels like I'm out of touch with DC and fandom in general. Not much interests me in current DC's output and all the "leaks" about Absolute DC sound bad to me as well. Oh well, thank god for reprints.
    You’re not alone. I also find DC’s current output uninteresting. With the exception of Dan Jurgens’ Black Label Batman mini, I don’t even read the new stuff on DCUI Ultra. Just old stuff.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Another rumour found on Discord claiming:

-Al Ewing on Batman
    -Scott Snyder on Superman
    -Leah Williams on Wonder Woman

These leak wars are actually being funnier than anything, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it's around the same number of sales that the previous book had, but considering it's still in the single digits of issues, yeah, it doesn't bode well for his run.

It's sad; I'm enjoying Spurrier's take, his story is very intriguing, but I don't read it with the same enthusiasm I had when Jeremy Adams was at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how different things would've been had they relaunched with Wally rather than keep the book going when the transition happened.
    You're talking about when Jeremy Adams took over, right?
    Cause they relaunched the book with Spurrier.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

As a fan of Barry since he came back, Iain given to understand that there was always a level of unhappiness among the fans-turned-writers at the pivot from Wally back to Barry (that Al Ewing quote springs to mind) but the old guard, good sales and the show made them irrelevant. The movie flopping kind of cancelled nearly 20 years of work re Barry so he’s definitely put, and may well take Jay, the other speedsters and the speed force itself with it.

Basically, I think the writers who like Barry might want to give him a heroic death/ascend to a higher plane of existence now, before someone with an axe gives him a mocking lecture death

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Just so you know, I am working on followups, and having to be very careful with souirces, but I know that several examples you gave of takes and creators are not true.
    The whole thing sounded like deliberate rage bait anyway. It also did nothing to address the copyright issue since none of the things listed address the characters going into the public domain. A gay, black, Superman named Clark Kent would still be a public domain character.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Another Absolute DC "leak" from 4chan (probably fake, but it does sound more real than the other one).

* Absolute Superman by Jason Aaron: Superman as an actual alien with little to no humanity
    * Absolute Wonder Woman by Al Ewing: Wonder Woman as an adventurer
    * Absolute Batman by Scott Snyder: Batman as an average guy with no money
    * Absolute Flash by Jeff Lemire: Flash (Wally) with a new origin with no connection to Barry

If real I hope they mixed up Aaron and Snyder's projects tbh because I think Snyder creating a new Batman would be lame.
    So Superman as Majestic basically. Don't trust internet "leaks". But these sound at least halfway interesting. And more believable. Superman coming to Earth as an adult instead of a baby would be a different way of doing things. And Batman being just some guy who runs around beating people up on his nights off just sounds like Spider-Man.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Another rumour found on Discord claiming:

-Al Ewing on Batman
    -Scott Snyder on Superman
    -Leah Williams on Wonder Woman

These leak wars are actually being funnier than anything, lmao
    Honestly this sounds more believable but I feel like Ewing would rather write Superman than Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think it's around the same number of sales that the previous book had, but considering it's still in the single digits of issues, yeah, it doesn't bode well for his run.

It's sad; I'm enjoying Spurrier's take, his story is very intriguing, but I don't read it with the same enthusiasm I had when Jeremy Adams was at the helm.

You're talking about when Jeremy Adams took over, right?
    Cause they relaunched the book with Spurrier.
    I don't know why I though the book was carrying on it's original numbering...
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As a fan of Barry since he came back, Iain given to understand that there was always a level of unhappiness among the fans-turned-writers at the pivot from Wally back to Barry (that Al Ewing quote springs to mind) but the old guard, good sales and the show made them irrelevant. The movie flopping kind of cancelled nearly 20 years of work re Barry so he’s definitely put, and may well take Jay, the other speedsters and the speed force itself with it.

Basically, I think the writers who like Barry might want to give him a heroic death/ascend to a higher plane of existence now, before someone with an axe gives him a mocking lecture death
    All the current Wally writers seem to respect Barry though.

The closest to any kind of disrespect I can think of would be when Adams had Linda slap some sense into Barry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

I doubt they're going to kill Barry off again just because some writers are Wally fans. Why would any of this effect Jay or the Speed Force, when those were all staples of Wally's classic series? This just seems like over-the-top doomsaying.

Here is the thing, do regular people even know that Barry and Wally are different characters? Even comics readers often struggle to tell them apart when they are in costume.

Unless they make him black again I don't see this changing much, new origin or old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Here is the thing, do regular people even know that Barry and Wally are different characters? Even comics readers often struggle to tell them apart when they are in costume.

Unless they make him black again I don't see this changing much, new origin or old.
    Probably not, no. And I've noticed there are younger people who have their version of Flash defined by the New 52/Rebirth comics and TV show and they're frustrated that Barry has been pushed aside, much like how fans closer to my age were frustrated when Wally was pushed aside in 2009. So I think that, as it's ever been, both characters have their fans and I don't think one is substantially more popular with comic readers than the other and sales seem to support that.

And, yeah, the average person isn't going to see a new Flash movie starting Wally West and know it's a different character from the movie that bombed. The movie didn't bomb because they used the Barry Allen version. It bombed for a variety of reasons, but I don't think general audiences were thinking "Oh, they're using Barry Allen? It has to be Wally or I won't go!" They don't know the difference.

Like I said, I have a soft spot for Barry among all the Flashes, but I love them all and will happily support a Flash movie starring Wally or Jay or Bart. I just don't think the movie flopping is a result of it featuring Barry Allen so much as it is a result of a thousand more obvious things, so it's dumb to phase out Barry because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    So Ultraman (I assume it's Match? The OG one is dead), Hawkgirl, Metamorpho and Guy Gardner. Sounds like a line-up meant to synergize with Superman: Legacy.
    This is rather old, but looking at earlier pages of this thread I just realized the "Justice Gang" rumour from Bleeding Cool is likely true.

spoilers:
    These are obviously all characters present in James Gunn's Superman movie, except nobody knew Ultraman was in the movie at the time, nor was he even rumoured to be in it. So it couldn't just have been a random guess.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'd rather they stop doing endless derivatives of the same concept when they don't have room for the characters they have. The Flash and GL mythos' are bloated enough as it is.
    It's not about room, it's about sales. If their current characters sold millions of comics we wouldn't be getting "all-new, all-different" versions as much as we do.

In terms of the "totally alien Superman" it's possible the series will be about him learning humanity, rather than take it for granted with his upbringing with the Kents. It was done really well by JMS in "Supreme Power" where Hyperion was really sympathetic, but there was tension from not knowing if he'd ultimately use his power for good or ill. It's not the most original idea, but if done well can be very compelling nonetheless.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

If they are doing a "less human" thing for Superman, whatever that means, hopefully it will turns out better than New 52 Supes.

Like if its just an excuse to have him act like more of a punk then thats just recreating the same problems all over again.