Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1176
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's not about room, it's about sales. If their current characters sold millions of comics we wouldn't be getting "all-new, all-different" versions as much as we do.
    The reason you get all that is because it INFLATES sales for a time. Why? I can give you a real life example from one of the comic book stores I use to shop at because I changed schools.

This store-EVERY time DC or Marvel tossed out a new number issue-they had guys come in and BUY every single new issue and even the variants. No matter the book.

So if you are DC or Marvel and you can get say a ton of orders for a book like Cyborg because of that first issue. Guess what you are going to do it. The rest of the book run doesn't matter.

You got your big boost from that first issue and help us ALL if it's a Batman book.

That's why you got books here at $5 and over at Image you got Spawn still at $3 and Savage Dragon sniffing near 300 and that book REPLACED the lead in 2011. Malcolm is nearing 100 solo issues himself. Only Miles Morales has more within that time of any new character that started in 2011.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    If anything it also demonstrates, they have no budget for advertising these books, which is no surprise given the COVID era cuts at DC due to WB's acquisition by AT&T and later Discovery.
    Even when they had a budget how many books got ANY promotion???

I can go down the LINE of books I never saw an ad.
    I can't tell you the last time I saw ads for Wonder Woman or a Green Lantern NOT named Hal Jordan since the Morrison run or Superman outside of a DC book. I never saw Milestone ads and I OWN a huge Static poster that I got from Ebay.

Yet when I go to cons and some stores in my city-they don't have the ads. I just went to a con yesterday and saw more Cap Marvel ads than anything else.

Where are all these ads at?

And with higher prices they are still buying their Batman, Spawn and Spider-Man, but figured that they can live without Flash and it has nothing to do with Barry/Wally or quality of the book.
    Or it may be a case of more folks trade waiting or found it CHEAPER to wait.
    Or more stores are selling out of the books and not needing to order more. A situation the Milestone books fall into as do most indy books.

With those three you listed-Batman and Spider-Man are going to get more orders than anyone else.

Spider-Man has so many variants a month like anywhere from 6-20 with more popping up randomly on Ebay.

If one of the reasons for this new line is to try and stave off copyright issues wouldn't using the new black Wally be the path they choose? Since he is much newer.
    The issue with a black Wally is the same issue with black characters in general. You are fighting a battle to get them to sell let alone get ORDERS from certain stores.

You could count on both hands how many black DC and Marvel guys are over 50 solo issues. Marvel got a bunch. Dc just has Steel. Moon Girl is the only black female. 100s-Cage, Miles and Panther.

And a black Wally is not going stave off copyright. There are tons of black male speedsters out there and if a person wants to do a Wally West in public domain. I can come up with variants of the spelling of Wallace and Wally.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just find it funny how in Absolute Power it seems like Aquaman became king of Atlantis again off-panel only to lose and have to regain the throne again to a robot version of himself.
    Sounds about right for DC nowadays

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

...he changed the belt?...ok nvm I see the subtle changes to the tiara and breastplate

Is her looking more tan deliberate?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    This is rather old, but looking at earlier pages of this thread I just realized the "Justice Gang" rumour from Bleeding Cool is likely true.

spoilers:
    These are obviously all characters present in James Gunn's Superman movie, except nobody knew Ultraman was in the movie at the time, nor was he even rumoured to be in it. So it couldn't just have been a random guess.
    end of spoilers
    8-) .................

Her hair and outfit are also darker, so it might just be the image. (or who knows? Maybe it's a choice regarding the two time periods having different color palettes)

I think it's deliberate based on his answer at the tweet

Jim Lee’s cover for the DC/Marvel crossover omnibus.

I’m sure a lot of fans are thrilled to see Jim Lee draw Wolverine and Batman in the same image.

It really seemed like we would never see Marvel and DC collaborate on anything again. I wonder if James Gunn still be chummy with the Marvel brass had anything to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I’m sure a lot of fans are thrilled to see Jim Lee draw Wolverine and Batman in the same image.

It really seemed like we would never see Marvel and DC collaborate on anything again. I wonder if James Gunn still be chummy with the Marvel brass had anything to do with this.
    Fron what I've heard, it had more to do with Ike Perlmutter being fired from Marvel. He was the guy blocking any sort of collaboration between Marvel and DC. He only allowed the Hero Initiative JLA/Avengers reprint if it was limited to only a few thousand copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

The composition of this page is just so weird. Are they fighting? Who against who? Why did Jim Lee feel like everyone had to look at the camera? It makes it more awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    The composition of this page is just so weird. Are they fighting? Who against who? Why did Jim Lee feel like everyone had to look at the camera? It makes it more awkward.
    It's like they're all fighting different battles or something. Really odd layout. The Amalgam cover is way more dynamic and looks like Jim Lee did it while this one looks like someone trying ape Jim Lee unsuccessfully. Some of the oddness about the cover might be the coloring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Superman vs Spider-Man

Batman vs Wolverine

Cyborg/Deathstroke vs Daredevil

Starfire vs Captain America

Robin aiming at Deathstroke (or Daredevil)

Punisher aiming at Deathstroke

Kyle Rayner vs Colossus

Superman vs Spider-Man

Batman vs Wolverine

Cyborg/Deathstroke vs Daredevil

Starfire vs Captain America

Robin aiming at Deathstroke (or Daredevil)

Punisher aiming at Deathstroke

Kyle Rayner vs Colossus
    It was a rethorical question.