Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Not excited about Absolute DC considering the state of mainline DC comics in last few decades and Snyder helming it.

Black Label is like 70% Bat-titles, Batman is the only one actually getting Elseworlds, not to mention most of the ongoings being about Batman characters.

Snyder loves Batman but he has been really bad any time he has tried to write other DC characters.

Maybe Absolute DC will surprise me by not being absolute dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post

Black Label is like 70% Bat-titles
    You're being quite disrespectous here!

its actually like an 80-90%

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly Absolute DC should probably be pushing non-Big Seven characters.
    Is there even a big seven anymore? MMH never gets any attention and Aquaman doesn’t even have a book. Green Arrow gets more love than both of them.

Honestly I think this line should be used to spotlight their B-C list characters!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

James Tynion IV Returns to ‘Nice House on the Lake’ for Sequel
    Now, Tynion is returning to that world with a sequel titled The Nice House by the Sea. Once again he is teaming with artist Álvaro Martínez Bueno.

Sweet. Tynion found his groove in horror.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Is there even a big seven anymore? MMH never gets any attention and Aquaman doesn’t even have a book. Green Arrow gets more love than both of them.

Honestly I think this line should be used to spotlight their B-C list characters!
    DC's Big Seven now I guess is Batman, Superman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Damien Wayne.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Really don't know how to square that with this from the article...also by Rich:
    Sounds to me to be a somewhat similar situation to Earth 2 from the New 52. The Absolute line will be about one world in the Multiverse that is separate from the main DC universe, but will have some connections and crossovers with the main line/universe.

Extraordinary Member

DC's Big Seven now I guess is Batman, Superman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Damien Wayne.
    Add poison ivy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Saw someone refer to the "Big 16 JLA" on twitter and I'm trying to figure out who that would be.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Freakin' finally! I was hoping there would be more, as it didn't exactly conclude with the 12th issue.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Well, that's horribly depressing.

If I didn't read another Joker story for the next ten years it would be too soon. Overexposure has killed my interest in most of the Batman line, but none more so than the bloody Joker. And I inherently love all these characters. Thanks DC.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Add poison ivy
    I honestly consider Poison Ivy in the same league as Lois Lane. Both of them are famous because of their much more popular love interest.

I don't think there are that many genuine Poison Ivy fans out there, just people who like her as a supporting character to Harley.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Saw someone refer to the "Big 16 JLA" on twitter and I'm trying to figure out who that would be.
    I don't think there are 16 JLA members popular enough to be considered "Big".

Unless they are counting multiple Green Lanterns and Flashes, plus Justice League Dark members like Constantine.

If I have to guess then Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, John Stewart, Wally West, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna, Constantine, Martian Manhunter, Cybrog, Shazam, Atom would be there I suppose.
    Last edited by Laser_Man; 04-16-2024 at 12:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Absolute Comics is basically what I said it would be. Greatest hits universe without some of the baggage they accumulated.

Seems it will be creator friendly.

I think Rich means the new universe is meant to be the new primary continuity, while the old Earth 0 gets to be second place. Characters will probably crossover sometimes like Earth 1 and Earth 2 in the old days. But Rich is too cryptic.

I honestly consider Poison Ivy in the same league as Lois Lane. Both of them are famous because of their much more popular love interest.

I don't think there are that many genuine Poison Ivy fans out there, just people who like her as a supporting character to Harley.
    Her book sells better than most. It was the 10th best-selling book of DC in March in the Icv2 list.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.