Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

I doubt they would tease all this just for a backup in another book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm starting to think this is their version of "Don't tell mom the babysitters dead" but with superheroes
    This has been my thought. Maybe in Brave and the Bold? I dont think DC would put Steph with a bunch of much younger kids on a regular basis instead of with her peers of Tim, Kon, Cassie, etc. They've proved me wrong before though...and regardless of what it is, it looks amazing and like it will be a fun read.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

DC is currently releasing the Sinister Sons book, and I don't see how this is much different. Are Lor Zod and Sinestro's Son somehow big sellers?

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

They're willing to give books to more niche characters these days.
    Plus, I reckon they're happy enough with Adams to give him what he wants. He wanted to do this book with these characters (alongside Super Sons, but he prefers Rebirth version) for a while, so they let him do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Quality doesn't mean good sales.
    Anyways, it's gonna be fun. Damian and Jon absence is a shame, but if we think about it, they don't require a babysitter, and they already babysit Lizzie (well, in flashforwards).
    Hopefully Adams gets a Super Sons title in the future. He wrote the Super Sons movie and that was so excellent. Tomasi's Original volume of Super Sons level enjoyable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    DC is currently releasing the Sinister Sons book, and I don't see how this is much different. Are Lor Zod and Sinestro's Son somehow big sellers?
    It depends on which side they are looking at.

Are we talking floppy sales or are we talking trade sales? Or will it be a combination of both.

A book like that....

And this one with Steph and what appears to be an OLDER Quiz Kid (because he looked WAY younger in Star Girl's book).

I think this is more about TRADES.

There has to be something else behind this. All these kids are getting shots without a reason behind it.

A cartoon, cartoon movie, a OGN line or another version of DC Super Hero Girls-there is a reason behind this.

To me it smells like DC is trying a line targeting the folks who love Kami Garcia books.

Astonishing Member

Young Justice? Anyway, they're probably fine with just TPB sales in the end.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ooooh this book looks fun, also glad that Steph is branching out from being Batfam specific and doing some DCU adventures.

They wouldn't do a bunch of character designs and light marketing for just a back-up so I assume we're at least getting a mini...

A Stephanie Brown lead team of young heroes could be pretty fun, especially since she was going to be the center of that BQM team back during her Batgirl days.

So it's snot just going to be the Silver Age Big 7!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Are we talking floppy sales or are we talking trade sales? Or will it be a combination of both.

A book like that....

And this one with Steph and what appears to be an OLDER Quiz Kid (because he looked WAY younger in Star Girl's book).

There has to be something else behind this. All these kids are getting shots without a reason behind it.

A cartoon, cartoon movie, a OGN line or another version of DC Super Hero Girls-there is a reason behind this.

To me it smells like DC is trying a line targeting the folks who love Kami Garcia books.
    If they were more interested in trade sales to the YA market, they would just do it as an OGN like the YA books. They clearly have no issue with doing that format considering the amount of them they've published over the past few years.

They obviously think there's a market for it with the monthly buying crowd as well.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Now I'm interested.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

A book like that....

If DC were interested only on trade sales for a story, that comic would likely be sold only on trade (like the OGN line).

This story with Steph and the Superkids will likely be on floppies, so the characters will need to sell on that market.

Plastic Man and now Vixen possibly part of this mystery project? I’m so there!