Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    DC needs to start rebuilding a fairly definitive continuity instead of playing fast and loose with everything.
    Does that really matter in the context of an Elseworlds line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Stuff the Pre-Crisis era also bare utilized?
    The Rogues and Steve? I don't really think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    i expect this to be like 4-6 comics:

-Absolute Batman, Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo

-Absolute Batman & Robin, Joshua Williamson & Jamal Campbell

-Absolute Batman & Superman, Scott Snyder & Dan Mora

-Absolute Harley Quinn, James Tynion IV & Jorge Jimenez (I dunno, wanted to speculate an actual interesting roster)

-Absolute Joker, Matthew Rosenberg & Andrea Sorrentino/Giuseppe Camuncoli

Would be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally surprised of the contrary happening.
    I would be more surprised if they really had creators doing the same characters they're already doing right now.

Would Robert Kirkman ever work for DC? Which character would he be interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Would Robert Kirkman ever work for DC? Which character would he be interested in?
    Not a chance, man is making millions doing his own comics. At best I could maybe see him writing a Batman mini.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I take most of these Batman comments to be tongue-in-cheek rather than "fear-mongering" and it's really more a criticism of current DC than whatever Absolute DC will be. Sorry it annoys you, but it's just a bit of fun.
    That's not Batman fault. That has more to do with the fact that the non-Batman related properties are flailing on a sales levels at dc. And that has more to do with the past 20 years of bad creative/editorial practices at DC where there was a total disregard at the editorial level for things like continuity and characters. And also arguably the lead into 5G with things like the Bendis Superman really has done a number there. Batman is the only thing holding up DC while everything else has been more or less disappointment after disappointment because of how badly they have handled everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not a chance, man is making millions doing his own comics. At best I could maybe see him writing a Batman mini.
    Yeah, Kirkman seemed pretty done with Big Two comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does that really matter in the context of an Elseworlds line?
    I think his point is that instead of doing these Elseworlds DC should focus on fixing their main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think his point is that instead of doing these Elseworlds DC should focus on fixing their main continuity.
    They’ve been trying to do that for decades. It‘s impossible at this point. We’re all burned out on the endless Crisis events that are meta stories about how DC has screwed up and now they’re going to bring back Hope and Optimism and fix their history. Only way to fix it all would be a proper full reboot from square one, or to do what they’re doing and start a brand new universe from scratch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Unless there's a Crisis that merges the two together I don't think one really has anything to do with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She’s been the best selling solo female of dc for two years now, her sales have been near Nightwings for most of her run making also one of the best selling solo books in dc period. Harley books have lost steam a long time ago
    I picked up Poison Ivy to see those Jessica Fong covers. The writing seemed to fall off after the original 6 issues but those cool and creepy covers kept me hooked.

If Artgerm or Sejic did covers for 25 issues straight, I would have done the same. The artist marcio Takara was great too.

Writers keep making Harley comics a comedy. I haven't read a single Issue where she's taken seriously. Harleen did so well but the new writers didn't pick up on it.

PI will do well as long as her writers don't turn her into cartoon. Harley is beyond saving at this point.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 04-18-2024 at 09:20 AM.

Spectacular Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/18/dc...er-2024-event/

All thé details for Absolute power in July with some changes. For example Mark Waid dont write all the tie-ins.

Honestly my initial reaction when i see the focus IS on the JL Big Seven IS : It's too soon. Too soon to put the classic JL back in action.

And it will be sad if in the End, the roster of th new JL title will be the Big Seven.

Funny to Saw the JSA on a tie-ins, and Zardsky and Tom Kong write tie-ins for the évent.
    Last edited by Dioman-san; 04-18-2024 at 09:28 AM.

ID this gonna be the new Justice League line-up? (Considering they are all the heroes spotlighted in the main covee plus Nightwing) Certainly seems uninspired.

Safe to say it's time for Bruce to stop making robots.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Amazing Member

I really hope John Ridley's Waller book is good.

The Justice League of Amazos looks like goofy fun, but I'll be pretty disappointed if this event finally brings back the JLA just to do another "Big Seven" lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post

ID this gonna be the new Justice League line-up? (Considering they are all the heroes spotlighted in the main covee plus Nightwing) Certainly seems uninspired.
    It's the original line-up, it's not like we see them often together to say the least.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-18-2024 at 10:59 AM.

Dan Mora draw a good WW challenge (impossible).