Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Yeah... O don't understand how this could be possible. DC really mess with the JLA brand.
    Maybe it’s the other way around. Maybe they’re waiting for people to forget about the movie (both versions).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s being purposely done help prop up other DC teams. I forgot which current writer said it but they noticed that Marvel has had success with a multitude of teams while DC just focuses on the Justice League. It took a while but they finally have a Titans centered event and other teams like the Doom Patrol have a little more focus.

i think that giving the League a break has been a good thing.
    The problem is, the only other team I've seen used is the titans, and I got bored with that team along time ago.

Tom King has said the reason why DC doesn't do more team books is because A-list artists generally refuse to do teams because the workload is greater than with a solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    The problem is, the only other team I've seen used is the titans, and I got bored with that team along time ago.
    This.. so much teams to revive, like the original OUTSIDERS, INFINITY INC, LEGION, L.E.G.I.O.N., GLOBAL GUARDIANS or create new ones like YOUNG JUSTICE SOCIETY. Or even more TITANS books.

This.. so much teams to revive, like the original OUTSIDERS, INFINITY INC, LEGION, L.E.G.I.O.N., GLOBAL GUARDIANS or create new ones like YOUNG JUSTICE SOCIETY. Or even more TITANS books.
    Forgot about the jsa,but I'm not liking the direction their story is going in.

Forgot about the jsa,but I'm not liking the direction their story is going in.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Tom King has said the reason why DC doesn't do more team books is because A-list artists generally refuse to do teams because the workload is greater than with a solo book.
    I'm reminded that Sean Izaakse, artist of Green Arrow joked about being excited for it cause he thought he was drawing a solo book until it turned out GA would be including the whole GA family making it essentially a team book.

Well a big part of DC’s initiative to build up other non-League teams was completely undone when Johns jumped ship. The JSA and Legion plans are probably done for.

I don’t really even care about the current JSA book anymore since most of the concepts introduced will probably be forgotten.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-26-2024 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded that Sean Izaakse, artist of Green Arrow joked about being excited for it cause he thought he was drawing a solo book until it turned out GA would be including the whole GA family making it essentially a team book.
    Well, the same can be said for a lot of solo books lately.

I still do not understand how not having JL book helps in building up other team books. It is not like any of the JL founders are gone, they are still around and appearing in various books.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well a big part of DC’s initiative to build up other non-League teams was completely undone when Johns jumped ship. The JSA and Legion plans are probably done for.

I don’t really even care about the current JSA book anymore since most of the concepts introduced will probably be forgotten.
    Does that mean the future of any DC team book is dead aside from synergy purpose? Well, time to write my own fanfiction DC team to the future.

Outsiders is already back. That's the book with Batwing, Batwoman, and Drummer.

I agree that there should be at least Teen Titans or Young Justice, and Young JSA (featuring Stargirl and the kids she found in her Lost Children mini) though. Jeremy Adams should do Young Justice Society, he's handling Judy Garrick well in Jay Garrick: The Flash and his run on Wally West's The Flash book proves he can handle a large cast.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-27-2024 at 07:23 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Outsiders is already back. That's the book with Batwing, Batwoman, and Drummer.
    Outsiders is back only in name. The books is a light version of Planetary.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

This is so BAD, SO GRIM AND BLEAK FOR THE FUTURE OF DC COMICS. I can imagine right now Marvel is going to have the last laugh as they will keep publishing various of X-Team books (Post ROX), FF and even Avengers with ease. Meanwhile DC, I don't understand how can this happen so badly like the end is nigh.

Ultimate Member

Folks keep screaming for these books and then do some of the greatest gymnastic routines to FIND a reason to NOT support.

While some will look at creative team-which is FINE.

Kate and Luke in the Outsiders in name ONLY book.
    Young Justice in Fitzmartin's YJ books.
    Duke in Hill's Outsiders run.
    Bendis's Legion

While other look at the roster and tend to SINGLE out one of the cast and they make the book instantly unreadable. Before a single issue is out.

Harley in Birds of Prey
    A Black Lightning Lad in Legion DESPITE everyone else saying Bendis's writing was the issue-still had some single out Lightning Lad as the main problem.