Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1176

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    It's like they're all fighting different battles or something. Really odd layout. The Amalgam cover is way more dynamic and looks like Jim Lee did it while this one looks like someone trying ape Jim Lee unsuccessfully. Some of the oddness about the cover might be the coloring though.
    I agree on all points.(although I haven't seen the Amalgam cover) Maybe it's the inker that makes it look like someone trying to copy Lee, or he just didn't have as much time on this as he'd want. I mean, it's a crazy number of characters to try cramming into the space, so it's certainly not easy, but the oddest composition to me are Colossus's eyeline (it seems he's facing off against Wonder Woman, but he's looking into the distance rather than her), Superman's pose and tiny Robin right behind Deathstroke's backside. And yeah, the type of shading the colorist employs does this piece no favors.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-25-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Jim Lee's art style isn't as popular right now, and I think that the actual quality of the work really hasn't been there for nearly a decade compared to his earlier work.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

It seems to me like Jim Lee wanted to draw all the heroes looking at the camera doing a cool pose for the gallery. Not even remotely intending a symetric splash-page nor a fight, but superheroes posing up front. I guess he did it with the same philosophy he applied to the X-Men 1 cover. Only problem is, this doesn't resist a comparison, you can see between the two images that he spectacularly failed to deliver here.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree on all points.(although I haven't seen the Amalgam cover) Maybe it's the inker that makes it look like someone trying to copy Lee, or he just didn't have as much time on this as he'd want. I mean, it's a crazy number of characters to try cramming into the space, so it's certainly not easy, but the oddest composition to me are Colossus's eyeline (it seems he's facing off against Wonder Woman, but he's looking into the distance rather than her), Superman's pose and tiny Robin right behind Deathstroke's backside. And yeah, the type of shading the colorist employs does this piece no favors.
    Here’s the Amalgam cover. It looks a lot better because the characters are leaping forward in the same direction. It’s not just random poses.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Jim Lee's art style isn't as popular right now, and I think that the actual quality of the work really hasn't been there for nearly a decade compared to his earlier work.
    I think the guy's just out of shape.

He doesn't draw anymore so his artistic abilities have probably stagnated since he's no longer pushing himself as a creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Here’s the Amalgam cover. It looks a lot better because the characters are leaping forward in the same direction. It’s not just random poses.

This is so Wildstorm.

Astonishing Member

Good covers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Why is there Darkseid on the cover instead of Thanoseid?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Why is there Darkseid on the cover instead of Thanoseid?
    That's how Thanoseid looked. He just made the gold parts silver for some reason.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I wish that existing crossover art had been used or that Alex Ross would have given the job of the crossover trade cover. Jim Lee doesn't draw regularly and it's very evident in his recent work. These covers are uninspired and dull. Ross, meanwhile, continues to be at the top of his game.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That's how Thanoseid looked. He just made the gold parts silver for some reason.
    Thanoseid looked a lot different. They changed his entire color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Thanoseid looked a lot different. They changed his entire color scheme.
    It really was just Darkseid with gold trim.

Not a very clever design.

Still really curious what this is going to be.