Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Can we not jump to a whole bunch of conclusions so prematurely?
    Honestly, It's became a reflexe when the Big Two have a New title announced.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Interesting. If that's the case, then it seems like DC no longer wants a POC to be in the lineup. Not allowed I guess. And no, the Martian Manhunter doesn't count.
    .ot allowed is a very big stretch

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    What did Kirkman do with Invincible that can't be done with Superman?

Is it the gore? The mature themes? Why can't Superman be like Invincible?

Nevermind. Don't reply.
    Invincible had the benefit of being a fresh property with no baggage. Superman as a brand is bogged down by its history and bad reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Invincible had the benefit of being a fresh property with no baggage. Superman as a brand is bogged down by its history and bad reputation.
    Invincible had the benefit of being a creator-owned property with no limits outside selling well.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Invincible had the benefit of being a creator-owned property with no limits outside selling well.
    Plus a well-done adaptation.

It being a well-made cartoon helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post

ID this gonna be the new Justice League line-up? (Considering they are all the heroes spotlighted in the main covee plus Nightwing) Certainly seems uninspired.
    I don’t think this will be the Justice League lineup but it will probably be what the DC heroes look like after they get their powers stolen by Amanda Waller. So this could just be the powerless “big 7” for the storyline. Or maybe half their powers get taken away and they’re all in a weakened state?

Wonder Woman no longer has her magic lasso or goddess given powers so she has to rely on sword and shield, Flash looks to be in a suit reminiscent to the Snyderverse that protects against friction, Superman in the classic solar suit to absorb as much sunlight as possible, J’onn can’t shape shift out of his Martian form, Hal no ring, I guess Aquaman doesn’t have his durability and needs more armor. No idea why Batman has a new suit since he’s not a meta.

I’m definitely tired of the “big 7” and Hawkgirl so I really hope other heroes show up in this story.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-18-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Still 100x better looking than the David Finch suit.
    100 times zero is still zero.

I assume Batman loses access to his tech so he just gets...more tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Plus a well-done adaptation.

It being a well-made cartoon helps a lot.
    Though I wish they'd boost up the animation budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    100 times zero is still zero.
    So we can't even agree it looks better than that ?

I do like Dan Mora's Wonder Woman, but the thing with her wielding a sword is kind of stupid. We're just having a main star run with Wondy explaining in a very literal way she's not going to use any weapon at least until her crusade ends! That issue was published september of last year! It has a hot star team! Why is it so hard for DC artists to read the fuckin Wonder Woman comic before using Wonder Woman? Would you imagine them doing the same with Batman??

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I do like Dan Mora's Wonder Woman, but the thing with her wielding a sword is kind of stupid. We're just having a main star run with Wondy explaining in a very literal way she's not going to use any weapon at least until her crusade ends! That issue was published september of last year! It has a hot star team! Why is it so hard for DC artists to read the fuckin Wonder Woman comic before using Wonder Woman? Would you imagine them doing the same with Batman??
    You think Mark Waid gives a single rat's ass about what's happening in Wonder Woman or her in general?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Diana vs a robot stealing powers id say is a valid reason to use a sword. Even if Waid has had her use it in the past.

Though I'm more concerned about the synergy between the main event and her solo tie-ins. If W/T write 2 different Diana's it'll be annoying

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    What did Kirkman do with Invincible that can't be done with Superman?

Is it the gore? The mature themes? Why can't Superman be like Invincible?

Nevermind. Don't reply.
    1) First and far most Invincible is CREATOR OWNER. Meaning Kirkman could do whatever he wanted.

Folks forget at one point Mark was hurt so bad that a black guy took over leading up to issue 100.

Guess what happened? NOBODY lost their lunch, called for boycotts, defaced the book, screamed DEI or CRT, threw slurs at black people or threaten the creator.
    Funny what happens when folks actually READ the book and let a story play out versus what we have seen at DC and ESPECIALLY at Marvel since Miles and Kamala showed up.

Mature themes-you can't do that at DC. Not with Superman. Superman getting raped by say Silver Banshee would NEVER be approved. Lois getting an abortion? NO.
    Knockout deflowering Superboy or even Clark doing that to Wonder Woman-would never happen.
    Lex Luther murdering Perry White's still MIA son-Keith Roberts White in a graphic full color way-would NEVER happen.
    The OWNERS would FIRE everyone at DC.

Superman can be like Invincible but with as many HANDS on him-he can't. ONCE you become a huge seller or even Icon-the more cooks come into the kitchen to burn stuff up.

Ultimate Member

Whose to say they are reading WW and it's once again as with Tom Taylor and even McDuffie's JLA run-Editorial being the issue?

Batman according to those reading his book say he and his whole cast are constantly being written as if nobody read a Batman book previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    You think Mark Waid gives a single rat's ass about what's happening in Wonder Woman or her in general?
    I think he cares in as far as King is handling the direct tie-in so I imagine they collaborated somewhat.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Diana vs a robot stealing powers id say is a valid reason to use a sword. Even if Waid has had her use it in the past.

Though I'm more concerned about the synergy between the main event and her solo tie-ins. If W/T write 2 different Diana's it'll be annoying
    At the very least the AP tie-ins are being written by the series main writers so Zdarsky, Williamson, and King for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

So hopefully there's decent coordination with the WW.s book even if she isn't as tied to the conflict as Batman and Superman's set-ups are.