Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Don't hate that. If they're keeping a more "traditional" League off the books for now, which I think is a reasonable choice given the trouble finding direction that book's had for a long time, then having the Titans be the new group of Respectable Heroes and a "Justice Gang" that's a more unconventional grouping of characters feels like the best of both worlds.

I'm a bit behind on my GL, but feels like the most interesting idea for Guy in a long time too.
    Plus these are characters that don't get much play anyway so its a good use of synergy in that case.

I think the most Metamorpho has done recently is starring in the Elemental arc of Superman/Batman: World's Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    We’re about to enter the age of DCU synergy. I hope it’s not as bad as Marvel’s MCU synergy.
    For the sake of true synergy, I think the title is actually, "James Gunn's Justice Gang." (I expect Guy will lose his classic outfit to fit whatever Fillion will be wearing in the movie, so let's hope they have a good costume designer)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-05-2024 at 04:41 PM.

I think the importance of ALL this ia who will be the writer. If is Howard, Maine this will be just atrocius.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Don't hate that. If they're keeping a more "traditional" League off the books for now, which I think is a reasonable choice given the trouble finding direction that book's had for a long time, then having the Titans be the new group of Respectable Heroes and a "Justice Gang" that's a more unconventional grouping of characters feels like the best of both worlds.

I'm a bit behind on my GL, but feels like the most interesting idea for Guy in a long time too.
    Delaying the return of the JL is probably the best thing for the Titans right now assuming Taylor can keep any hype from Beast World going.

I feel like this is going to feel more like the Terrifics than a JL group.

Though I wonder if it's set in space because Guy can't be on Earth because of the mandate from the UP. Unless this comes out after the GL event that resolves that storyline.

At first glance this doesn't feel like something that PKJ would write so there goes the theory of him getting JL to finish his story.

The so rumored "Ultimate DC"?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Delaying the return of the JL is probably the best thing for the Titans right now assuming Taylor can keep any hype from Beast World going.

I feel like this is going to feel more like the Terrifics than a JL group.

Though I wonder if it's set in space because Guy can't be on Earth because of the mandate from the UP. Unless this comes out after the GL event that resolves that storyline.
    Looking to the positive:

The absence of the Justice League of America post Legends birthed one of the best version of the team, the JLI era. I think it is good to give another, different line up the chance.
    And maybe PKJ is the one in charge of the group. Who knows?

On the other hand:

This could be akin to the Avengers dissassembled/New Avengers/Dark Avengers era. We saw in Future State a darker Justice League/Justice Squad under the command of Waller. Or even a repeatition of the Detroit era.

Sad to read was the scrapped ideas of more JSA & Legion with the departue of Geoff Johns. Damn.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

…Ultraman? As in Earth 3 Ultraman? That’s… kinda intriguing actually. Ultraman is typically pretty boring, just a dumb thug without much depth to him. I’d be interested in seeing a book take him out of his comfort zone and try to develop him more as a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    At first glance this doesn't feel like something that PKJ would write so there goes the theory of him getting JL to finish his story.
    Even Rich thinks this would eventually lead into a proper JL relaunch, so my guess is that PKJ would be writing the JL relaunch in 2025. Gives him plenty of time to get ahead at least. If not… maybe he’s taking over Tec? As one of DC’s rising writers, it’s inevitable he gets put on a Batbook at some point. Otherwise maybe Rich just got the lineup totally wrong and it’s Superman instead of Ultraman on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The so rumored "Ultimate DC"?
    Looks like we might start getting details at MetCon. If it’s actually happening I’m intrigued to see what Snyder does, but I’ve grown more apprehensive about the idea of him being the one doing Ultimate Superman. Seeing his pitch could set my mind at ease.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    …Ultraman? As in Earth 3 Ultraman? That’s… kinda intriguing actually. Ultraman is typically pretty boring, just a dumb thug without much depth to him. I’d be interested in seeing a book take him out of his comfort zone and try to develop him more as a character.
    There are two Earth-3 Ultraman. The New 52 one died in Taylor's Adventures of Superman. The Infinite Frontier one (DC rebooted Earth-3 after Death Metal for some reason) got trapped in the Phantom Zone during War for Earth-3.

The current Ultraman is Match. Conner's clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    There are two Earth-3 Ultraman. The New 52 one died in Taylor's Adventures of Superman. The Infinite Frontier one (DC rebooted Earth-3 after Death Metal for some reason) got trapped in the Phantom Zone during War for Earth-3.

The current Ultraman is Match. Conner's clone.

Ultraman dies and comes back all the time, no reason to think he wouldn’t be resurrected again. Also Match was the Superman of E3, but I fully expect DC to ignore that storyline since they just brought Waller back without making a big deal of it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ultraman dies and comes back all the time, no reason to think he wouldn’t be resurrected again. Also Match was the Superman of E3, but I fully expect DC to ignore that storyline since they just brought Waller back without making a big deal of it.
    Eh, it hasn't been forgotten. According to Lazarus Planet and Green Arrow it seems like Waller is somehow hopping between Earth-Prime and Earth-3.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

DC constantly rebooting CS is....pathetic. even for comics

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    DC constantly rebooting CS is....pathetic. even for comics
    It doesn't help the War for Earth-3 event completely ruined the IF CS team.

Bunch of losers and incompetent goobers, its like the Bendis Legion team.