Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    He's only writing world's finest and shazam currently, wonder if he has something else taking up his time that isn't announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s doing a three issue arc on Action for the Superstars initiative (not announced officially yet).
    Has he finished scripting The Last Days of Lex Luthor yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Has he finished scripting The Last Days of Lex Luthor yet?
    Who knows? The final issue has yet to be solicited but I think Hitch was drawing it. Two of them really **** the bed there.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ben Abernathy leaves DC. He edits like half of the line (Batman group editor, plus a few other books like GA, BoP and Doom Patrol) so it's a pretty big loss. I wonder who replaces him.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 01-09-2024 at 07:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Ben Abernathy leaves DC. He edits like half of the line (Batman group editor, plus a few other books like GA, BoP and Doom Patrol) so it's a pretty big loss. I wonder who replaces him.
    Who's the next most senior person to take over the Batline? Seems like there's enormous pressure there since Wielgosz also bailed from bat-editorial.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Who's the next most senior person to take over the Batline? Seems like there's enormous pressure there since Wielgosz also bailed from bat-editorial.
    Is Jessica Chen still at DC, or did she leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Jessica Chen also left. I wonder what is going on over there.

The Batbooks have been weak at DC and his Elseworlds line was uninspired. Abernathy leaving in and of itself wouldn’t bother me, but yet another upper level editor at DC leaving is a bad sign. Especially since we don’t know who will replace him and if they’ll be a better fit. The Batman books desperately need a kick in the ass though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sales were good, but quality of Bat books, asides of few gems here and there, in last few yeas has been real bad.

Also, wouldn't Waid doing WF: JLA be rather redundant considering his work previous work with JLA? If I'm not mistaken he did Year One and modern stories so feels a bit like going back to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    World's Finest: JLA seems kind of obvious to me but he seems to really want to do Supergirl.
    I would buy either from Waid at this point as long as he is paired with a great artist. Just keep him off of the Legion please.

All the best to Ben Abernathy in the next stage of his career but I hope the next editor can improve the Batline. It feels like it's really been floundering creatively for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sales were good, but quality of Bat books, asides of few gems here and there, in last few yeas has been real bad.

Also, wouldn't Waid doing WF: JLA be rather redundant considering his work previous work with JLA? If I'm not mistaken he did Year One and modern stories so feels a bit like going back to the same thing.
    Era and roster-wise it would be pretty different because he'd be using the Satellite era League in the Bronze Age.

Yeah, World's Finest is analogous to the early 1970s. When the Teen Titans are expanding and the Doom Patrol aren't dead yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, World's Finest is analogous to the early 1970s. When the Teen Titans are expanding and the Doom Patrol aren't dead yet.
    Is it, though? In the WF: Titans series they were using cellphones and stuff.

I'm so confused by Batman/Superman and WF: Titans. I enjoy them, but I'm so lost on if they're supposed to be in continuity or not.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Is it, though? In the WF: Titans series they were using cellphones and stuff.

I'm so confused by Batman/Superman and WF: Titans. I enjoy them, but I'm so lost on if they're supposed to be in continuity or not.
    It's in continuity but it's modernized. Clearly, it doesn't take place in the 70s.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's in continuity but it's modernized. Clearly, it doesn't take place in the 70s.
    I think Waid's WF stuff is about the pre-Crisis Bronze Age more than anything. His JLA: Year One was post-Crisis I think, a retcon in which case he wouldn't be repeating himself at all. A Bronze Age JLA would be more like Earth-1985 as mentioned in brief at the end of Doomsday Clock and would feature the pre-Crisis/Satellite JLA. Just a guess, but that's my guess.

Worlds Finest is Waid's headcanon. Nothing more, nothing less.