Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Yeah. Vietnam originally. Gulf War (Iraq) later on. Afghanistan in the MCU. Siancong, a fictional Vietnam analogue, nowadays.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Waid stayed at Marvel for a long time, and Marvel has always done that. Retelling origins and modernizing important canon points while keeping everything canon. It works for Marvel, I have no problem with it being done at DC, especially done by Waid.
    Like Ben Grimm and Reed Richards not being Corea war veterans anymore? Yes, Marvel does that all the time, it helps a lot to avoid multiversal crisis. But I think even that can have a limit.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ram V has started working on his next DC project, which he describes as a "something that feels like a significant reinvention, a complete shift of perspective". He implies it's not a staple book like Detective.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh wonder if its a new Superman ongoing then, maybe Superman and the Authority returns as an ongoing

I wonder if it'll be a new take on the Authority with Superman involved again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh wonder if its a new Superman ongoing then, maybe Superman and the Authority returns as an ongoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if it'll be a new take on the Authority with Superman involved again?
    That’s what I’m thinking now, he’s going to do an Authority book. There’s a movie coming + some members are showing up in Legacy + it’s one of Jim Lee’s babies + he loves writing Midnighter. If I’m right I expect it would lean towards a more traditional lineup as opposed to the lineup Morrison created since PKJ said he didn’t think he was the right choice to write a book featuring that team with how diverse it was. So Supes, Middy, Apollo, Jack Hawksmoor (he’s in the DCU as seen in Lazarus Planet and Ram V Swamp Thing), probably new takes on the Engineer, Doctor, and maybe Jenny Sparks?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Ram V has started working on his next DC project, which he describes as a "something that feels like a significant reinvention, a complete shift of perspective". He implies it's not a staple book like Detective.
    Let's hope it is not another Outsiders scam.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Which Superman we have 3

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Let's hope it is not another Outsiders scam.
    What scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    What scam?
    I wouldn’t call it a “scam” but doing an Outsiders book that’s just a knockoff of Planetary is pretty lame.

Why call it the Outsiders?!? It could have easily been a reimagined Challengers of the Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wouldn’t call it a “scam” but doing an Outsiders book that’s just a knockoff of Planetary is pretty lame.

Why call it the Outsiders?!? It could have easily been a reimagined Challengers of the Unknown.
    This run does reimagine the Challengers too, tho

Fantastic Member

Superman/Wonder Woman lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Which Superman we have 3
    Clark, he’s hinted his unwrapped plot threads from Action will continue in whatever new book he’s writing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Even as January threatens its worse weather-wise, here’s something to comfort you: Spring is just around the corner. Not enough? Don’t worry, we’ve got a little more: DC has a fun new one-off anthology coming to celebrate the next, and somewhat kinder, season. Coming this April, get ready for DC’s Spring Breakout!

An 80-page collection of stories in the tradition of other seasonal specials from the publisher, like December’s ’Twas the Mite Before Christmas, and next month’s How to Lose a Guy Gardner in 10 Days — yes, that latter is an entirely real title for a comic and a reminder that comics are wonderful — DC’s Spring Breakout! features eight stories from a mix of established and up-and-coming talent, including Meghan Fitzmartin, Mike Barr, Paul Pelletier, Kenya Danino, and many, many more. What better way to enjoy your own Spring Awakening?

DC’s official description of the issue reads, “Spring has sprung! Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, Harley is breaking King Shark out of Belle Reve prison…all is right in the DCU as both heroes and villains face all sorts of different spring breaks. Breaking out of a coffin? Lex Luthor has that covered. Spring break training? Send in Superman! Breaking out of your shell? Batman and Mr. Freeze explore that possibility through a connection in their shared past. Breaking down a worthy adversary? Katana and her sword of souls might just be able to tackle that. And it wouldn’t be a spring break without a Teen Titans beach trip! All these and more in DC’s Spring Breakout! — eight breakout stories to put a spring in your step! (Is there a zit breakout story? You’ll have to read to find out!)”

The issue will feature a main cover from John Timms, with two variants hinting at a baseball game I think all of us would like to attend by Batman/Superman: World’s Finest artist Dan Mora. Take a look at all three covers below, and prepare to pick up the $9.99 issue on April 30.

Last edited by Hypo; 01-15-2024 at 06:27 PM.