Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    she isn't as tied to the conflict as Batman and Superman's set-ups are.
    Which is weird, to me, because it seems like it'd be much more natural to tie Waller to the Sovereign than to Brainiac or Failsafe.

DC solicits are out in Bleeding Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Man, when I saw the Blue Beetle entry for a moment I was scared it was going to be the last issue. This is being the best Blue Beetle comic since like forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    That's not Batman fault. That has more to do with the fact that the non-Batman related properties are flailing on a sales levels at dc. And that has more to do with the past 20 years of bad creative/editorial practices at DC where there was a total disregard at the editorial level for things like continuity and characters. And also arguably the lead into 5G with things like the Bendis Superman really has done a number there. Batman is the only thing holding up DC while everything else has been more or less disappointment after disappointment because of how badly they have handled everything.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I don't like a single one of those designs.

This will be one of the easiest skips I have ever had for an event.
    I don't like them either but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I actually check it out. Josh Williamson isn't writing it so it has a chance at least.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Blue Beetle #11 looks like it could be the final issue? Weird number to end on if so.

In any case:
    Sinister Sons ending with #6
    The Penguin ending with #12
    Green Lantern: War Journal ending with #12 (August)

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    Blue Beetle #11 looks like it could be the final issue? Weird number to end on if so.

In any case:
    The solicit is highly confusing me, like, I dunno if its implying a new arc from #11 or if this is the end. Could be better worded.

Also, many comics ending, but DC doesnt seem to have subtitutes on the line. Perhaps Absolute DC is bigger than expected?

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post

In any case:
    That's odd. Didn't Adams and PKJ previously comment on doing a crossover between the two GL titles.

Amazing Member

But he is a POC. Ever since Smallive & JLU as John Jones is depicted as black, where previously he was depicted as white.

Interesting that both Primer and Batman, Robin & Howard are going to be doing their new volumes in single issues first instead of OGN like their initial volumes.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Man, this is all a bit underwhelming. Absolute Power doesn’t capture my interest at all. I hate this depiction of Waller with a passion.
    It’s sad that Blue Beetle seems to be ending already.
    At least BoP seems to be going strong.

So Absolute Power Task Force is basically 7 one-shots about different characters and by different creative teams?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I do like Dan Mora's Wonder Woman, but the thing with her wielding a sword is kind of stupid. We're just having a main star run with Wondy explaining in a very literal way she's not going to use any weapon at least until her crusade ends! That issue was published september of last year! It has a hot star team! Why is it so hard for DC artists to read the fuckin Wonder Woman comic before using Wonder Woman? Would you imagine them doing the same with Batman??
    I'm no fan of Swordy Wondy and that design is... Wow (between the superjackets and this, I think we've found Mora's weakness as a creative: original designs)...

...But Diana in TK's run heavily implies she's leaving the sword behind because she's going to take the fight to AXE aka the people killing her Amazon sisters. The implication (I must do without temptation) is that what they're doing is so terrible Diana doesn't want any kind of temptation to hurt or kill them.

Very different from wrecking job- uh, power-stealing robots.
    Last edited by Zagre; 04-19-2024 at 06:42 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So Absolute Power Task Force is basically 7 one-shots about different characters and by different creative teams?
    It looks that way, with the common thread being the JLAmazos. It also seems like it'll be weekly (but skipping the 17th?) which makes sense if each issue is by a different team. They seem like a very similar idea to the Beast World Tour one-shots, but maybe DC is hoping that making them a numbered series will help sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    i can’t read them; stupid website keeps crashing. this event is a non starter for me though.