Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm good with it being forgotten ... forever. ;p
    Yeah, it was kind of weird. Like they hook up, awkwardly kind of begin a relationship, then immediately she gets back together with Rhodey (I think Strange even helped?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it was kind of weird. Like they hook up, awkwardly kind of begin a relationship, then immediately she gets back together with Rhodey (I think Strange even helped?).
    There was a brief period, starting with the 2011 Defenders run by Matt Fraction, where Marvel tried to position Strange as a bit of a playboy type, a la Tony Stark, right down to him sleeping with a grad student.

Thankfully, they seem to have backed off from that.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There was a brief period, starting with the 2011 Defenders run by Matt Fraction, where Marvel tried to position Strange as a bit of a playboy type, a la Tony Stark, right down to him sleeping with a grad student.

True, it was especially bad under Jason Aaron, though I feel like the thing with Carol was handled as maturely as possible (even if it came off as a drunken hook-up without the alcohol).

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yes. Thank goodness. That was just ... cringe.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/02/ma...-strange-12-4/

Next week Dr Strange issue preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/02/ma...-strange-12-4/

Next week Dr Strange issue preview.
    Yay, a Bats focused issue !

Astonishing Member

Anyone read the new issue, it was great, a nice issue on Bats at the same time introducing the new big bad which I didn't expect unless you been reading those one shot Marvel Halloween specials which is related to Strange. Poor Bats, he trapped, hope he get out of his trap.

Anyone read the new issue, it was great, a nice issue on Bats at the same time introducing the new big bad which I didn't expect unless you been reading those one shot Marvel Halloween specials which is related to Strange. Poor Bats, he trapped, hope he get out of his trap.
    It was OK, I guess. I don't really like the fact that Stephen is falling prey to hubris AGAIN. And what was the deal with Clea sounding like the animated version of Starfire at one point?

This was probably my least favorite issue of this run so far. It was solid but not really at the level of previous issues.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Would someone be willing to catch me up on Bats, and the snakes, how they came to join Strange in the sanctum, and any other pertinent info? Have been disappointed with Strange titles for a lonnng time, and have resumed with this most recent series, which to me is okay, but not really very gripping or thrilling (I'm an otherwise very long-time Strange fan, from long-ago Strange Tales, Marvel Premiere, Dr. Strange series). Really disliked Clea's portrayal this most recent issue; especially given how much panel space and sympathy the critters get. Thank you!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Would someone be willing to catch me up on Bats, and the snakes, how they came to join Strange in the sanctum, and any other pertinent info? Have been disappointed with Strange titles for a lonnng time, and have resumed with this most recent series, which to me is okay, but not really very gripping or thrilling (I'm an otherwise very long-time Strange fan, from long-ago Strange Tales, Marvel Premiere, Dr. Strange series). Really disliked Clea's portrayal this most recent issue; especially given how much panel space and sympathy the critters get. Thank you!
    Bats:

When Loki managed to trick Strange into believing that he'd been made Sorcerer Supreme, Stephen chose to become a veterinarian. Bats was one of his patients and had been enchanted with a spell that made him understandable to humans. When Stephen confronted Loki, Bats tried to help, but his heart gave out and he died. However, he came back as a ghost, possibly due to Loki feeling remorse.

(All this happened in Doctor Strange #381-385)

Aleister & Anton simply showed up in the second issue of the Aaron run, although they were unnamed until the 2019 annual.

It's never stated outright, but many believe they are named after Aleister Crowley (who was infamous in early 20th-century occultism) and Anton LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan.

Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/01/ma...-strange-13-2/

This is gonna be a fun arc. Doctor Strange next week issue preview with all the characters Jed written in solos.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/01/ma...-strange-13-2/

This is gonna be a fun arc. Doctor Strange next week issue preview with all the characters Jed written in solos.
    Can't wait to see this team come together for some LARPING .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't wait to see this team come together for some LARPING .
    I'm assuming the breakdown is something like:

Thief: Black Cat
    Fighter: Taskmaster
    Cleric: Hunter's Moon
    Magic-User: Strange and/or Clea.

Astonishing Member

Anyone read the issue, it was so much fun and Felicia is such a treat in this especially for those that enjoyed her comic run by Mckay. Taskmaster was entertaining, I wish I read his mini that Mckay wrote, I do appreciate the reference to the 80s Satanic panic over DnD. overall fun issue as expected.