Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Boring Bizarros:

IMG_2458.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Boring Bizarros:

IMG_2458.jpg
    For a minute I didn't realize Boring was Wayne Boring and was thinking "What's so boring about that?" xD

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I want big things for some of Superman's lesser used villains.

Give me Prankster, Toyman, Riot, Atomic Skull, Terra-Man, Parasite (no, 2 issues where he's not in control isn't enough), Barrage, Obsession, Thaddeus Killgrave, Master Jailer, Kryptonite Man, Blaze, Satannus, Preus, Hfuhruhurr (the Word-Bringer).

Why is Cyborg (Superman) rarely seen?!? Where's my boy Conduit?

Surely it's time to give us Tempus, the best original character from Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

And how about someone finally tell us who or what was Ignition and their whole deal!!!
    Absolutely!
    Yes for Conduit! Have not seen anyone use Kenny Braverman in a long time.
    I barely remember a red skinned alien named Massacre!
    And I'm not sure if he was a villain or not but ...Alpha Centurion or Roman Centurion? Something like that?
    And whatever happened to Triumph!? (no, not the dog puppet on that talk show lol )
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    For a minute I didn't realize Boring was Wayne Boring and was thinking "What's so boring about that?" xD
    I guess the joke writes itself then, lol. Linguists can also rejoice in the alliteration.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

I remember several years ago - maybe even before the first reboot the boards had - and being both surprised and a little amused at just how many "clones" of Superman there have been.
    Whether evil Kryptonians or scientists who made clones such as Bizarro. And various Golem-types:

One character that seems interesting is Zha-Vam. A construct made of clay, given intelligence and animate human form, and bequeathed a belt with tiles that allow selection of the various Greek gods' powers. Zha-Vam was given life by the Gods of Olympus to punish Superman centuries into the future for eclipsing the legends of their exploits with his own.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Was this ever shared? Metallo almost was in BvS/MoS 2.

As part of SnyderCon 2023, director Zack Snyder and visual effects supervisor John ‘D.J.’ Des Jardin answered questions about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice following a screening of the Ultimate Edition. There, the duo gave some information about the Superman villain Metallo, who was part of earlier versions of the movie.

Was Metallo supposed to be in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice?

When asked about the villain by a fan, Des Jardin revealed a bit of additional information on how far along designs for Metallo may have been.

“We actually did a previews test, remember? We actually modeled him and everything,” Des Jardin said. “You [production designer Patrick Tatopoulos] had a design for that, so we built that and had him by the Washington monument … that didn’t make it … but that was a whole different movie.”

Snyder then revealed that Metallo even had an actor lined up — one who would play the role of Wallace Keefe in the movie.

“That was Scoot’s character originally — Scoot McNairy’s character … yeah, that was a completely different weirdo movie,” the director stated.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...150000948.html

It’s floated around the Internet for ages, you just found out about it? Making Metallo a victim of Superman and Zod’s fight who hates Superman as a result and wants to see him pay is brilliant. It’s the kind of fallout I was hoping to see, with Lex likewise hating Superman for Supes destroying “his” city. The concept art is terrible in terms of design though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least glad that concept art only stayed art .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s floated around the Internet for ages, you just found out about it?
    I was aware of the concept art but I never read the quotes from SnyderCon 2023 about Metallo/Scoot McNairy’s character.

Making Metallo a victim of Superman and Zod’s fight who hates Superman as a result and wants to see him pay is brilliant. It’s the kind of fallout I was hoping to see, with Lex likewise hating Superman for Supes destroying “his” city.
    The revenge plot went to Batman, I guess. Metallo would've made for a more cohesive movie, being the sole physical antagonist instead of Batman+Doomsday.

The concept art is terrible in terms of design though.
    Lifted straight from Michael Bay's Transformers saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm at least glad that concept art only stayed art .
    They usually try many different designs. There could be better ones that have yet to be made public.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-13-2024 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I want big things for some of Superman's lesser used villains.

Give me Prankster, Toyman, Riot, Atomic Skull, Terra-Man, Parasite (no, 2 issues where he's not in control isn't enough), Barrage, Obsession, Thaddeus Killgrave, Master Jailer, Kryptonite Man, Blaze, Satannus, Preus, Hfuhruhurr (the Word-Bringer).

Why is Cyborg (Superman) rarely seen?!? Where's my boy Conduit?

Surely it's time to give us Tempus, the best original character from Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

And how about someone finally tell us who or what was Ignition and their whole deal!!!
    I just read the latest issue of Superman, and wondered if Marilyn moonlight could be an updated version of Terra man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Boring Bizarros:

IMG_2458.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    They are having fun. That is.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I feel like there should be more silver than purple here.